It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
when it's not a scam, the people are batguano insane. Just avoid the online sheet.
I've met a few girls from online dating sites... And usually (in my experience), there's something wrong with them that causes them to be rejected by everyone else. I tried something of a little experiment one time. I decided to see what it was like being female on a dating site. I got a bunch of pictures of some random girl; just an average-looking, everyday girl. Then I set up a simple fake profile with those pictures. I didn't write much on the profile, just enough to not leave it completely blank. And I was completely inundated with messages from guys of all ages. Hundreds of messages. And they're all the same too. "Hey baby, you look good, we should get together", "Hey, you're pretty hot, wanna meet up sometime?", "Hey, if you send me pics of your boobs, I'll show you my d**k". So I was left wondering... Why the hell are women putting themselves out there on online dating sites, when this is the result? And then I get back to what I said at the beginning. There's usually something wrong with them. The last girl I met from a dating site seemed all fine and nice, but then I found out she was a drug addict. Another I met before her was perfectly normal... Until I found out she has to wear a wig because she rips her hair out, and also has a voracious appetite for sex (she now has sexually-transmitted diseases). Another girl I met online I'd only been talking to a short time when one night she texts me and tells me she's sitting outside my house. A huge portion of profiles I see on one particular site are women who have one or more children and demand that the male be ok with that and good with kids, ie "take care of my kids for me". Aside from that, half the profiles are generic, cookie-cutter things that don't even differentiate the person from anyone else. "I like music and going to the movies and sometimes I like to stay at home and relax". I do have to clarify something though. I'm not necessarily judging anyone. I really could care less if someone is a drug addict, or a sex freak... whatever. I had a best friend who was mentally ill. I had friends who did drugs. I had friends who had kids. It doesn't bother me. I have my own problems like anyone else, so I'm not looking down on anyone. The point I'm making is there's a reason many women are on online dating sites. But let's not generalize all these women, because that's ignorant. Let's say for example, maybe only 1% of them fit the above. The other 99% are perfectly rounded, normal individuals. So let's look at it from the guy's side. You're a guy and you make a profile on a dating site. Be prepared to have a soaring-high self-confidence. You could be the nicest guy in the world, but the harsh reality is, every time you message a girl on a dating site, there's a hundred other guys trying to say whatever they can to hook up with her. You're going to get rejected... ALOT. You might be having long, awesome conversations with someone over the course of several days or weeks, and then *poof*, she stops talking to you. No more conversation. Now imagine this happening over and over and over again for months or even years. It's easy for any guy to start to wonder things... "Is something wrong with me? Am I not attractive enough? Did I say the wrong thing and scare her away? Is she ignoring me because she found someone more interesting? Was she just looking for someone to have sex with?" I've personally faced this dilemma many times. I'd be talking to some girl for quite some time, and she seems all excited to meet me and expresses her desire to get together and do something... And then suddenly, she's gone. Probably because she decided one of the hundreds of other guys messaging her was better. So, to answer your question... No, it's not really worth it. Dating sites are the downfall of social interaction.
originally posted by: Jiggly
tell the person on the call to piss off
originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: LaWnOrDeR92
People in the UK can consent at 16, and drink alcohol in a bar if consumed with a meal. 18 then nightclubs and casinos are allowed.
Are US 17 year olds precious snowflakes who can't decide if they want sex or not?
Funny as #, sorry about the worry you may have but it's clearly a scam so I'd ignore it.
originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Ah thanks, that does make it clearer.
Oh, and curious anomaly in the UK, while sex is legal at 16, naked images, pictures/video, are illegal until 18.