It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Acting FBI Director Contradicts The Media - Little of what the media -- or the administration -- told us about James Comey's firing turned out to be true

“Acting FBI director contradicts White House” is now dominating headlines across the media. Of course, it’s only half the story. When Andrew McCabe, the acting director of the FBI, testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee today, he not only contradicted what the administration had been saying about firing of James Comey but also nearly every anonymously-sourced scoop that dominated coverage yesterday.

Most reporting on McCabe’s testimony focused on the fact that he undercut the White House’s assertion that dissention among the FBI’s rank and file precipitated the firing of Comey. Need it be repeated, the administration’s case – that the director was fired for his unprofessional actions towards Hillary Clinton – is risible. In fact, watching the interim FBI director sit in front of a Senate committee plainly debunking Trump’s core justification for the dismissal is just another reason to view yesterday’s reaction as needlessly hysterical.

click link for full article...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

you believe Obama fired him for hurting feelings, yet you can't fathom the idea that trump might have fired comey because of the investigation.. really?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

To add further to your complex investigation comment... If they find irregular trump business deals the "illegality" would need to be determined and then forwarded to the appropriate investigative body. Finding business irregularities, as an example, between trump and russia does not mean its intelligence or counter intelligence related. Its possible to stumble across wrong doing that the IRS would have to investigate that has nothing to do with russia collusion.

Another thing the left cant seem to grasp and even then the crime might not even involve trump but people in is business.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

you believe Obama fired him for hurting feelings, yet you can't fathom the idea that trump might have fired comey because of the investigation.. really?

No reason nor cause is needed to fire the FBI director.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I got it, no reason needed. if you think no reason is a good reason, well...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

They serve at the pleasure of the President and for good reason. If people dont like it, vote for someone else.

I dont see people complaining (anymore) that Trump fired all the politically appointed US attorneys for no reason.. Just as Obama did... and Bush did... and Clinton did...

If you accept it for one you have to accept it for all.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: face23785

ya, too bad there are so many videos of trump praising comey... but but Hillary's emails. lol

and, that's were we differ, I believe he HAS done something legitimately wrong. there are current ongoing investigations so i'm not the only one.

Since it is a CI investigation, if any criminal conduct is found, at some point they would have to open a criminal investigation. It's been 10 months and that hasn't happened yet. It's not likely they've found much if anything, since they haven't begun a criminal investigation yet.

That is a good point for sure. If I can play devil's advocate for a moment, would we know if they had in fact launched a criminal investigation? To be clear, I doubt they have. The safer money says they're still crunching a pile of data, following up on leads gleaned from whatever intel they received, etc. For example, if Clapper's correct that the potential for shady business deals has come into scope since the initial assessment, that adds a significantly complex dimension to the investigation.

For sure, it's within the realm of possibility they could've launched the criminal investigation in secret, however why would they, especially under Comey? He's made virtually everything else public, even some things he shouldn't, which is one of the reasons he was fired. And with all these leaks, I find it improbable that no one would leak that. That is of course merely my opinion. The fact is, every time they're asked in Congress, whoever represents the FBI always says it's strictly a CI investigation.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

To add further to your complex investigation comment... If they find irregular trump business deals the "illegality" would need to be determined and then forwarded to the appropriate investigative body. Finding business irregularities, as an example, between trump and russia does not mean its intelligence or counter intelligence related. Its possible to stumble across wrong doing that the IRS would have to investigate that has nothing to do with russia collusion.

Another thing the left cant seem to grasp and even then the crime might not even involve trump but people in is business.

Funny you mention that. I honestly started to noodle that angle more and more after I wrote that. So at some point, conceivably, they would need to make the determination that it was purely business related and no longer within the scope of the cointell probe. I guess where it gets sticky in my mind is just how cut and dried things would have to be. If, as some research has suggested, the shady business deals involve money laundering for the Russian mob via US real estate investments and connections between the mob and Russian oligarchs--who tend to be directly connected to Putin himself--then how do you begin to sort that out? The lines blur in a hurry. Needless to say, I don't envy the task.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Fire-at-will laws are what people in 49 states have to work under. if it's good enough for us, then I don't see why Comey should be an exception.

Link

link   

It would have leaked... Just like any evidence of collusion would have leaked.

I still believe the whole russia - trump collusion bs was used to justify obama / democrats being able to spy on the republicans n order to win elections.

I also think its the reason democrats were so unbelievably arrogant that they were going to win the whitehouse, the senate and the house.

link   

I was of course taking a dig at Obama there. There's a big difference here, Obama getting a new SecDef solved his issue; Trump firing the FBI director doesn't solve his supposed problem with the investigation in any way. Now maybe you can try the angle Trump is so stupid he thought it would, but it's known he discussed firing Comey with numerous advisors. NONE of them were aware that Comey wasn't single-handedly doing the investigation? Not realistic.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

As you stated - Complex.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Fire-at-will laws are what people in 49 states have to work under. if it's good enough for us, then I don't see why Comey should be an exception.

Link

The District / WhiteHouse are exempt from the bulk of those laws at the federal level and state laws dont apply.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I do think trump is THAT stupid. LOL

not having a replacement, shows to me, it was a desperate move by a desperate man. my opinion.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

not having a replacement, shows to me, it was a desperate move by a desperate man. my opinion.

If Trump is as stupid as people claim what does that say about Clinton, who lost to him and Democrats, who lost a lot over the last 8 years.

As for your comment about a replacement -
If you are stabbed you dont pull the knife out as it can cause more damage than if you left it in place where it corks some of the blood flow. However there are times when you have to remove the knife or the person will die.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

That wasn't my point. But DC is also an 'at-will' district and none of the exceptions apply to Comey.

Link

ETA: Comey even stated Trump could fire him for any reason.
edit on 11-5-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

As dumb as you may think Trump is, even people outside the government know removing Comey wouldn't stop the investigation or effect it in any way. It's just not feasible that Trump nor any of the advisers he spoke to about firing Comey wouldn't realize that. They can't all be that dumb.

Trump says some stupid things but he is either smarter or he lets on or he is really good at listening to the right people.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If Trump was as stupid as Democrats say what does that say about everyone who has trouble making even a million dollars.. let alone a billion.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

No darling I'm not missing it. For the third time since you insist constantly that I pay attention to you...

I posted a link to the Wall Street Journal saying otherwise.

www.wsj.com...

Since every statement out of the Whitehouse for the past 48 hours is a lie I'm not inclined to believe the DOJ statement.
That whole group are a bunch of low life liars at this point. Scrambling to keep their jobs and stand behind this boob who likes to throw people under a bus.
He's an embarrassment to the country.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

If Trump is as stupid as people claim what does that say about Clinton, who lost to him and Democrats, who lost a lot over the last 8 years.

As for your comment about a replacement -
If you are stabbed you dont pull the knife out as it can cause more damage than if you left it in place where it corks some of the blood flow. However there are times when you have to remove the knife or the person will die.

Not only that but it's only been 2 days. It's not like he can just say ok Comey you're out and John Doe you're running the FBI now. He'll have to nominate and have someone confirmed, which they say is going to happen soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join