It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Gandalf77
An interesting admission from Sanders in this afternoon's briefing:

"We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity," said deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders, referring to the FBI's probe into Moscow's interference in last year's election. "And we think that we've actually, by removing Director Comey, taken steps to make that happen."

Certainly we know that the investigation continues today. It hasn't stopped.
I'm just curious why they think removing Comey will bring the investigation to a conclusion with integrity.
Not trying to read anything into this. It just has an odd ring to it.

If there was anything nefarious to it, what exactly would be her motivations for saying that? Seems obvious to me she means that with his ineffective and disruptive leadership removed, maybe they can finish the investigation quicker.

I won't suggest there's anything nefarious to it, per se.
Based on what McCabe said today, though, it doesn't sound like a lot of folks at the FBI share the same opinion about Comey as the WH.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well it doesn't help that the president is imploding .
Put on your slicker I believe it's going to rain.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

Lots of statements coming from the Whitehouse today.
All of it conflicting.
Spin the spinner...left hand red.
Spin again right foot yellow.
It's a regular game of twister.

You just post the ones proven to be lies?

It's called 'Drinking from the MSNBC Fake News fire-hose'.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

At this point I am starting to believe she may write for msnbc.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

just because it hasn't slowed the investigation down doesn't mean that wasn't trump intention. also, there's nothing wrong with speculating on what his real intentions were considering the LAME excuse he gave and the sneaky way it went down.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I would like something more definitive as well, but he did answer the question, and he did say "no".

Additionally, Laura Jarrett of CNN tweeted "DOJ on the record: Rosenstein did not threaten to resign".

NBC News also reports:

Did Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Threaten to Quit?

Two Justice Department officials are refuting a report that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein threatened to resign unless his role in writing the Comey memo was better defined so that the impression wasn't left that he was the "prime mover" in the firing. "Didn't happen," one official told NBC News. "He did not threaten to resign" said another.

Of course, as is now the pathetic standard for the commercial media, actually naming those sources doesn't seem to be a priority. But nonetheless, it's now Rod Rosenstein himself and one set of anonymous sources versus another set of anonymous sources without Rod Rosenstein.

Believe (or better yet, disbelieve) whatever you want.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Is This Why Comey Broke: A Stack Of Resignation Letters From Furious FBI Agents

Conspiracy theories have swirled in recent days as to why FBI Director James Comey reopened Hillary's email investigation after just closing it back in July concluding that, although Hillary had demonstrated gross negligence in her establishment of a private email server, that "no reasonable prosecutor" would bring a case against her. Democrats, after lavishing Comey with praise for months on concluding his investigation in an "impartial" way, have since lashed out at him for seeking to influence the 2016 election cycle with Hillary herself describing his recent actions as "deeply troubling". Republicans, on the other hand, have praised Comey's recent efforts as an attempt to correct a corrupt investigation that seemingly ignored critical evidence while granting numerous immunity agreements to Clinton staffers.

According to the Daily Mail, and a source close to James Comey, the decision, at least in part, came after he "could no longer resist mounting pressure by mutinous agents in the FBI" who "felt that he betrayed them and brought disgrace on the bureau by letting Hillary off with a slap on the wrist."

James Comey's decision to revive the investigation of Hillary Clinton's email server and her handling of classified material came after he could no longer resist mounting pressure by mutinous agents in the FBI, including some of his top deputies, according to a source close to the embattled FBI director.

'The atmosphere at the FBI has been toxic ever since Jim announced last July that he wouldn't recommend an indictment against Hillary,' said the source, a close friend who has known Comey for nearly two decades, shares family outings with him, and accompanies him to Catholic mass every week.

'Some people, including department heads, stopped talking to Jim, and even ignored his greetings when they passed him in the hall,' said the source. 'They felt that he betrayed them and brought disgrace on the bureau by letting Hillary off with a slap on the wrist.'

According to the source, Comey fretted over the problem for months and discussed it at great length with his wife, Patrice.

He told his wife that he was depressed by the stack of resignation letters piling up on his desk from disaffected agents. The letters reminded him every day that morale in the FBI had hit rock bottom.

'The people he trusts the most have been the angriest at him,' the source continued. 'And that includes his wife, Pat. She kept urging him to admit that he had been wrong when he refused to press charges against the former secretary of state.

Though we're sure there are many facets behind Comey's decision making process, we can all be quite certain, at this point, that he's not motivated by a desire to make friends having now alienated just about everyone in Washington, both in law enforcement and in both political parties. In fact, after Tim Kaine just last week praised Comey as a "wonderful" career public servant with the "highest standards of integrity"....

click link for entire article / video...

McCabe is lying... or Comey is lying...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

just because it hasn't slowed the investigation down doesn't mean that wasn't trump intention. also, there's nothing wrong with speculating on what his real intentions were considering the LAME excuse he gave and the sneaky way it went down.

It doesn't necessarily mean that no, it just means there's absolutely no reason to assume that was his intention. There's no factual information that points to that, it's just something liberals made up in a pathetic anti-Trump frenzy. And lame excuse? The lame excuse he gave like the reasons outlined in the Deputy AG's letter that no one disputes?

You guys are using up all your credibility on nonsense. Don't come crying to me if he does something legit wrong next year and nobody believes you.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Comey couldn't peg any intention on Hillary in her email scandal, but you have a means of deciphering Trump's intentions.... when you claim he is a nutter?

Whoa.

edit on b000000312017-05-11T15:25:51-05:0003America/ChicagoThu, 11 May 2017 15:25:51 -0500300000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think McCabe did speak to this a bit in today's hearing.
I didn't catch the whole exchange, but he did acknowledge agents were angry over the email investigation.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Considering every statement coming out of the Whitehouse in the past 48 hours has been contradicted by later statements and everyone's head is spinning from these dizzying set of events, who would believe this known liar at all? I mean really. Who? Who still thinks he's not lying.

Someone in the FBI right now has career making information sitting on their desk. Maybe they realize it now, maybe they don't yet. Maybe it's undeveloped maybe its fully developed...but lives and careers are going to be made with this case and fifty years from now they will use it as a reference for one of the most important investigation in our history.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Considering every statement coming out of the Whitehouse in the past 48 hours has been contradicted by later statements and everyone's head is spinning from these dizzying set of events, who would believe this known liar at all? I mean really. Who? Who still thinks he's not lying.

Someone in the FBI right now has career making information sitting on their desk. Maybe they realize it now, maybe they don't yet. Maybe it's undeveloped maybe its fully developed...but lives and careers are going to be made with this case and fifty years from now they will use it as a reference for one of the most important investigation in our history.

This potential "someone in the FBI" who you are hoping will expose this is the acting Director, a hardcore Democrat and Hillary Clinton supporter, who now has full access to everything. What do you speculate are his reasons for sitting on the damaging info you think they have? Did Trump pay him? What can you invent, since we're just playing fantasyland right now?

By the way:

Acknowledge this:

originally posted by: Majic
Straight from the horse's mouth:

Deputy AG Rosenstein: 'I'm not quitting,' didn't threaten to quit over Comey firing

Of course, we could choose to believe unnamed anonymous sources instead, but that's not, in my opinion, a path to enlightenment.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Since you know the information is there, would like to tell us what it is?

link   

ya, too bad there are so many videos of trump praising comey... but but Hillary's emails. lol

and, that's were we differ, I believe he HAS done something legitimately wrong. there are current ongoing investigations so i'm not the only one.

link   

i don't really care much about comey.. tho, the way he was fired was shameful.

i care why trump fired him and i sure as hell don't buy the reasons he's giving.

I think it's perfect.

Who gets a heads up on being fired?!

I bet comey was crapping his pants that he couldn't get to delete his history on his PC.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Considering his second in command said he was well respected by the members of the bureau yesterday on tv I think I'll believe him.
He didn't say everybody loved Comey or that they always agreed but the department was solidly behind him.
And to be honest that's an op-ed piece that asks more questions than it answers.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

I think McCabe did speak to this a bit in today's hearing.
I didn't catch the whole exchange, but he did acknowledge agents were angry over the email investigation.

Indeed he did. Out of one side of his mouth, he says the bureau had confidence in Comey, and then a few minutes later he talks about the thirty something thousand men and women having different viewpoints and that some were very disappointed in how the email investigation went down.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

ya, too bad there are so many videos of trump praising comey... but but Hillary's emails. lol

and, that's were we differ, I believe he HAS done something legitimately wrong. there are current ongoing investigations so i'm not the only one.

I'm not sure what him praising Comey proves. Obama had nice things to say about his SecDefs at one point, before he asked them to resign for hurting his feelings. Was he hiding something? Or is that just politics?

And let me remind you it is not a criminal investigation. There is a counter-intelligence investigation going on into the Russian attempts to influence the election, and as a part of that investigation they are also looking into any possible collusion. Since it is a CI investigation, if any criminal conduct is found, at some point they would have to open a criminal investigation. It's been 10 months and that hasn't happened yet. It's not likely they've found much if anything, since they haven't begun a criminal investigation yet.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Considering his second in command said he was well respected by the members of the bureau yesterday on tv I think I'll believe him.
He didn't say everybody loved Comey or that they always agreed but the department was solidly behind him.
And to be honest that's an op-ed piece that asks more questions than it answers.

As someone who has worked for the government, I'll just throw this out there:

The top dogs rarely have a good pulse on what the low-level guys really feel about them, for obvious reasons. They're your boss.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Since it is a CI investigation, if any criminal conduct is found, at some point they would have to open a criminal investigation. It's been 10 months and that hasn't happened yet. It's not likely they've found much if anything, since they haven't begun a criminal investigation yet.

That is a good point for sure. If I can play devil's advocate for a moment, would we know if they had in fact launched a criminal investigation? To be clear, I doubt they have. The safer money says they're still crunching a pile of data, following up on leads gleaned from whatever intel they received, etc. For example, if Clapper's correct that the potential for shady business deals has come into scope since the initial assessment, that adds a significantly complex dimension to the investigation.

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join