It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Xcathdra

i don't really care much about comey.. tho, the way he was fired was shameful.

i care why trump fired him and i sure as hell don't buy the reasons he's giving.

He doesnt need a reason to fire him. A concept the Democrats and media cant seem to comprehend.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

He's an idiot.
Someone's village is mourning their loss.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: face23785

Oh no. Trumps intent was to obstruct. He was just not successful at it.
He thought getting rid of Comey would do it.

Out of the frying pan.
Into the fire.

Welcome back to the thread. We'd all appreciate if you'd acknowledge this and pledge not to spread this lie anymore:

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I don't get it...does it matter why he fired him? He can fire him for any reason other than race, gender, sexual orientation, etc...

I guess I am not seeing why it even matters and is worth probing.

He can fire the Director of FBI for any reason?...Sure..Though the only other time it was done, the Dir. was using tax payer funds for home improvement and lied on tax returns etc.

Obstructing or attempting to obstruct Justice is illegal...

Where those two actions intersect is what got Nixon impeached following the Saturday Night Massacre where Nixon fired his AG and Deputy AG when they refused to fire the Special Prosecutor investigating him.

Interesting Side Note:
Trump Friend/advisor/subject of FBI investigation...Roger Stone was a Nixon Advisor and loyalist. He even got a picture of Nixon Tattooed on his back after the scandal..

The ardently Democrat acting Director of the FBI just testified to Congress that the Bureau's investigation into Trump/Russia will not be impacted in any way by Comey being fired. He further testified that no special prosecutor is needed.

Narrative busted.

What narrative? And how was it "busted"?

Confused by your posts..

Lol so now you're gonna play dumb? Your pretending you don't know what I mean is pathetic and childish. The narrative that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation is false and you know it's false yet you still continue to dishonestly insinuate it. Stop lying.

Ah, so you are saying he was perhaps attempting to obstruct justice. But the FBI would still be investigating, even with Comey gone though? So that seems a huge stretch to me.

It wasn't Comey doing the investigating, it's the FBI.

That is certainly an argument being sold...But where does that end? As long as the FBI has one agent assigned to the case he can fire away?

If clear intent to impede the investigation by removing the Head of the FBI is demonstrated?

Is the argument that the head of the FBI is irrelevant to the FBI's work? Or does "obstruction of justice" only stick when it is proven successful? Attempted murder?

I would argue that anyone convicted of "Obstruction of Justice"...was obviously unsuccessful given their conviction.

So the defense that the FBI is still investigating is irrelevant.

It was just testified to Congress that no one has been removed from the investigation. Stop making things up.

You should Google the name James Comey?

He wasn't the investigating agent. The dozens of agents who actually were doing the investigation are still doing it. That was just confirmed to Congress in public. Keep it up with the false narrative though. It's sad.

What's sad/comical is watching the WH narrative fall apart on an almost hourly basis.

Spicy suggested this was all on Rosenstein.
Sounds like Rosenstein wasn't too happy about that.

I can't begin to imagine what the minimum threshold for obtuseness must be to work there...

So Rosenstein is mad that the letter he wrote recommending Comey be fired resulted in Comey being fired?

Cool story bro.

He's mad that he's taking the blame when trump TOLD HIM to write the letter. He's threatened to quit.

You literally just posted fake news. If you do it again you're knowingly spreading lies. Don't spread lies.
DOJ confirms Rosenstein did NOT threaten to resign.

a reply to: butcherguy

Credit for the source. Thank you.

As for this post of yours, it is pure speculation based on nothing but wet dreams by pathetic anti-Trumpers who can't accept reality.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

What does that matter?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: muse7

How reliable this news are, when after months of Russia link been investigated some FBI people are looking for some GOP offices trash.

No Actually they raided the offices in Annapolis with full warrants and are seizing files and equipment..

"Strategic Campaign Group"...a GOP Political Consultancy..

One of their advisors has ties to Paul Manafort

strategiccampaigngroup.com...

FBI’s D.C. Field Office Raids Republican Campaign Fundraising Firm In Md.
baltimore.cbslocal.com...

It's all breaking news right now...with Rumors that this is one of several raids/warrants being executed in the next 24 hours...could be just rumors...but SCG is definitely full on FBI raided..

And they fund-raise and campaign for several GOP..

If this is true whoever let it slip that it's just one of numerous upcoming raids is a moron and if you wanna talk obstruction of justice, that person should be charged. This news leaking gives other potential offenders notice and opportunity to remove or destroy incriminating evidence.

Yeah, that's definitely not the kind of thing you want getting out.
Haven't seen the rumors, but one would hope there aren't any specifics.

Even if there aren't any specifics, if there are additional guilty parties, they know who they are and now know to prepare for raids. Monumental failure by the FBI.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What does that matter?

It matters because Democrats are pretending they want a special prosecutor when they are well aware it would do them no good and they would simply continue to whine that the special prosecutor is biased. It's more grandstanding and dishonesty that is being swallowed hook, line and sinker by the gullible.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

How reliable this news are, when after months of Russia link been investigated some FBI people are looking for some GOP offices trash.

No Actually they raided the offices in Annapolis with full warrants and are seizing files and equipment..

It's all breaking news right now...with Rumors that this is one of several raids/warrants being executed in the next 24 hours...could be just rumors...but SCG is definitely full on FBI raided..

If this is true whoever let it slip that it's just one of numerous upcoming raids is a moron and if you wanna talk obstruction of justice, that person should be charged. This news leaking gives other potential offenders notice and opportunity to remove or destroy incriminating evidence.

Even if there aren't any specifics, if there are additional guilty parties, they know who they are and now know to prepare for raids. Monumental failure by the FBI.

Like accidentally deleting 30,000 emails?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The Director of the FBI is not in charge of any investigations, including the Russia one. He is briefed / updated on many cases, especially ones where Congress will ask questions. The very fact the FBI/DOJ had to recently correct comments Comey made proves this.

The termination of the FBI Director has ZERO impact on their investigations. Firing the director would not have come anywhere close to interfering / obstructing / trying to stop a russia investigation.

I dont understand why some people cant grasp that. Even McCabe today said the same thing.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

No doubt. It's a good point you make. It could just be a one-off, though, and completely unrelated.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I'm also skeptical, and the President himself made it crystal clear in his interview with Lester Holt that he was planning to fire Director Comey regardless of any recommendations.

For anyone who may have missed it in the shuffle, video of the interview can be found here, though I would prefer it started earlier and hope to find a more complete clip.

It does contain Trump's emphatic assertions that he intended to fire Director Comey prior to the DOJ's recommendations, and the reasons he gave to Lester Holt were not the reasons he gave in the official termination letter he sent to Comey.

It also contains Trump's statements about being informed by Comey on three separate occasions that he wasn't under investigation.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The Director of the FBI is not in charge of any investigations, including the Russia one. He is briefed / updated on many cases, especially ones where Congress will ask questions. The very fact the FBI/DOJ had to recently correct comments Comey made proves this.

The termination of the FBI Director has ZERO impact on their investigations. Firing the director would not have come anywhere close to interfering / obstructing / trying to stop a russia investigation.

I dont understand why some people cant grasp that. Even McCabe today said the same thing.

It's likely they can grasp it, they're just knowingly spreading misinfo for political purposes. I refuse to believe they are actually that stupid.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It's likely they can grasp it, they're just knowingly spreading misinfo for political purposes. I refuse to believe they are actually that stupid.

If they dont want to be perceived that way then they need to get with the program.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If they dont want to be perceived that way then they need to get with the program.

Not sure they care how they're perceived. They either get off on just spreading their baseless theories no matter who is listening, or they actually think they may trick some people into believing it's true. The problem for them is for every gullible liberal they convince, there's 2 independents who see right through it and are turned off from the Dem party because of it. I say let them keep it up, and keep exposing them, and they will lose big next year.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Too bad he changed his story huh?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Still can't get one uniform answer.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a reply to: jefwane

Too bad he changed his story huh?

Still ignoring this?

Please acknowledge this and pledge not to continue spreading this lie:

I don't get it...does it matter why he fired him? He can fire him for any reason other than race, gender, sexual orientation, etc...

I guess I am not seeing why it even matters and is worth probing.

He can fire the Director of FBI for any reason?...Sure..Though the only other time it was done, the Dir. was using tax payer funds for home improvement and lied on tax returns etc.

Obstructing or attempting to obstruct Justice is illegal...

Where those two actions intersect is what got Nixon impeached following the Saturday Night Massacre where Nixon fired his AG and Deputy AG when they refused to fire the Special Prosecutor investigating him.

Interesting Side Note:
Trump Friend/advisor/subject of FBI investigation...Roger Stone was a Nixon Advisor and loyalist. He even got a picture of Nixon Tattooed on his back after the scandal..

The ardently Democrat acting Director of the FBI just testified to Congress that the Bureau's investigation into Trump/Russia will not be impacted in any way by Comey being fired. He further testified that no special prosecutor is needed.

Narrative busted.

What narrative? And how was it "busted"?

Confused by your posts..

Lol so now you're gonna play dumb? Your pretending you don't know what I mean is pathetic and childish. The narrative that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation is false and you know it's false yet you still continue to dishonestly insinuate it. Stop lying.

Ah, so you are saying he was perhaps attempting to obstruct justice. But the FBI would still be investigating, even with Comey gone though? So that seems a huge stretch to me.

It wasn't Comey doing the investigating, it's the FBI.

That is certainly an argument being sold...But where does that end? As long as the FBI has one agent assigned to the case he can fire away?

If clear intent to impede the investigation by removing the Head of the FBI is demonstrated?

Is the argument that the head of the FBI is irrelevant to the FBI's work? Or does "obstruction of justice" only stick when it is proven successful? Attempted murder?

I would argue that anyone convicted of "Obstruction of Justice"...was obviously unsuccessful given their conviction.

So the defense that the FBI is still investigating is irrelevant.

It was just testified to Congress that no one has been removed from the investigation. Stop making things up.

You should Google the name James Comey?

He wasn't the investigating agent. The dozens of agents who actually were doing the investigation are still doing it. That was just confirmed to Congress in public. Keep it up with the false narrative though. It's sad.

What's sad/comical is watching the WH narrative fall apart on an almost hourly basis.

Spicy suggested this was all on Rosenstein.
Sounds like Rosenstein wasn't too happy about that.

I can't begin to imagine what the minimum threshold for obtuseness must be to work there...

So Rosenstein is mad that the letter he wrote recommending Comey be fired resulted in Comey being fired?

Cool story bro.

He's mad that he's taking the blame when trump TOLD HIM to write the letter. He's threatened to quit.

You literally just posted fake news. If you do it again you're knowingly spreading lies. Don't spread lies.
DOJ confirms Rosenstein did NOT threaten to resign.

a reply to: butcherguy

Credit for the source. Thank you.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

They are parallel to the paid russian trolls they claim interfered with the election.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I like how he includes us all in his lie.
"The FBI is in turmoil. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it."

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The sad part is that's still just speculation. The only confirmed interference in the election was by the Dems and Clinton still hasn't been held responsible for it

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Sweety, you're wrong. I'm not ignoring you. I'm just not acknowledging you.
Your information is erroneous.

www.wsj.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join