It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
McCabe says FBI call not to prosecute Clinton angered some agents, defends Comey

New Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe acknowledged for the first time in public testimony Thursday that some agents were angry with the 2016 decision not to prosecute Hillary Clinton – while also defending ousted Director James Comey’s overall standing at the bureau.

“I think morale's always been good, but there were folks within our agency that were frustrated with the outcome of the Hillary Clinton case and some of those folks were very vocal about those concerns,” McCabe testified.

"The work continues despite any changes in circumstances," McCabe said. "There has been no effort to impede our investigation to date. You cannot stop the men and women of the FBI from doing the right thing, protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution."

edit on 5/11/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

How reliable this news are, when after months of Russia link been investigated some FBI people are looking for some GOP offices trash.

What the trash in Annapolis is only collected once a year

I can not stop laughing.

This is hilarious.

Really?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Comey was fired by Trump. The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the President and the President can fire him, for any reason, with or without cause, and he did.

Correct.
The President has admitted that he asked the Director of the FBI on three occasions if he had been personally implicated in the open and ongoing investigation involving potential collusion between the Trump Campaign and the Russians.
The President volunteered that one of the times he asked the Director of the FBI that question was during a discussion around whether or not he would replace Comey.

The President has now admitted that he was going to fire the Director of the FBI "regardless" of the recommendation letter that was officially offered as reasoning.

Obstruction of Justice and Abuse of Power is not within the granted powers of the President...to the Contrary..it is cause for impeachment.

McCabe stated, like most of us here, that the termination of Comey has absolutely no impact / affect on any ongoing investigations, including the russia bs.

By definition...anyone convicted or impeached for "Obstruction of Justice" was unsuccessful in their efforts..

Otherwise no one would ever be convicted of that charge..

It is a bizarre argument to make.

The deputy AG never threatened to quit.

that is less certain...I watched the strange, mumbly clip that the right wing is hanging that headline on..He does mumble something while walking away, but it is far from clear he was intending to (or actually did) answer the question.

The Democrats are once again stirring up drama for political reasons...

Someday you will figure out that the GOP are in majority power in all three branches of government...Unified government..

And yet we have DOD Inspector General investigation, DOJ Inspector General investigation, Senate intelligence committee investigation, House Congressional Intelligence committee investigation, and a significant and multi-faceted FBI investigation..All ongoing...

edit on 11-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yes I heard about that one yesterday, but is not new this was public knowledge for months is just that the media as usual was selective.

Interestingly it is said that many left and didn't comeback to work for days.

Also, Comey made his decision but the real people that did the job on gathering and collecting data and information were those that felt left down by Comey decision.

Those agents are the ones that knew the truth.

Comey just made a decision

edit on 11-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Comey was fired by Trump. The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the President and the President can fire him, for any reason, with or without cause, and he did.

Correct.
The President has admitted that he asked the Director of the FBI on three occasions if he had been personally implicated in the open and ongoing investigation involving potential collusion between the Trump Campaign and the Russians.
The President volunteered that one of the times he asked the Director of the FBI that question was during a discussion around whether or not he would replace Comey.

The President has now admitted that he was going to fire the Director of the FBI "regardless" of the recommendation letter that was officially offered as reasoning.

Obstruction of Justice and Abuse of Power is not within the granted powers of the President...to the Contrary..it is cause for impeachment.

McCabe stated, like most of us here, that the termination of Comey has absolutely no impact / affect on any ongoing investigations, including the russia bs.

By definition...anyone convicted or impeached for "Obstruction of Justice" was unsuccessful in their efforts..

that is less certain...I watched the strange, mumbly clip that the right wing is hanging that headline on..He does mumble something while walking away, but it is far from clear he was intending to (or actually did) answer the question.

Someday you will figure out that the GOP are in majority power in all three branches of government...Unified government..

And yet we have DOD Inspector General investigation, DOJ Inspector General investigation, Senate intelligence committee investigation, House Congressional Intelligence committee investigation, and a significant and multi-faceted FBI investigation..All ongoing...

Cool story, but since the firing did not effect the investigation in any way, per the testimony to Congress today from the acting-Director, it isn't Obstruction of Justice. Don't keep saying that or you're knowingly propagating a lie.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

My mistake, even though there is still no apparent fact that Trump was giving those reasons as to why he wanted to fire Comey. Either way, thanks for the clarification.

I do, however, get the irony.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

This a particularly great point. This makes it pretty clear that any speculation of corruption on behalf of the GOP is unfounded. Otherwise there would just be no investigations happening right? So when the Dems cry about the results of the investigations finding nothing wrong, are you gonna tell them this or?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: face23785

Lest there be any further confusion, I am NOT claiming Trump fired Comey for being a "showboat" and a "grandstander", though I can understand how my wording could be interpreted that way and apologize for any confusion.

I was referring to the fact that Trump gave those as reasons why he wanted to fire him. He gave other reasons as well, and given the nature of the video and text excerpts, it's possible NBC is quoting him out of context, so that's always worth bearing in mind as well.

My amusement stems from Donald J. Trump criticizing anyone for being a "showboat" and a "grandstander", and I hope it's not too hard to figure out why.

Since we're talking about it, regardless of whether those reasons played into the actual decision to fire Comey, they most certainly will be used by his critics to challenge the official DOJ narrative.

Ironically enough, I happen to agree that the Director of the FBI shouldn't be a "showboat" or a "grandstander", and agree Comey wasn't suited to remain in the job for those as well as numerous other reasons.

But seriously Donald, pot meet kettle.

Gotcha. I can certainly agree the way the administration and Trump personally have approached this have not been very good at all. The optics suck, the message control sucks. It just reinforces the idea that none of them are professional politicians. They're not good at spin. Not sure why that's a bad thing though. So they're not experts at misleading you like previous admins? I'm not so heartbroken over that.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

ANNAPOLIS, Md. —
The FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at an office of a GOP fundraiser/consulting firm in Annapolis, the 11 News I-Team has learned.

www.wbaltv.com...

Why is this posted in this thread? There is nothing in the article linking it to the Trump campaign - Russia or Comeys firing.

Agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigations were in Annapolis Thursday to investigate an organization with offices in the vicinity of Main Street, a spokesperson for the bureau confirmed.

www.baltimoresun.com...

My comment stands.. Nothing relates it to this thread.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

ANNAPOLIS, Md. —
The FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at an office of a GOP fundraiser/consulting firm in Annapolis, the 11 News I-Team has learned.

www.wbaltv.com...

Why is this posted in this thread? There is nothing in the article linking it to the Trump campaign - Russia or Comeys firing.

They're losing badly on the substance of this thread so maybe trying to shift gears?

Most likely...

Democrats today, when confronted on their sudden 180 turn on Comey, from wanting him fired to all of a sudden being outraged he was fired, tried to qualify their sudden change...

It didnt work out to well.

According to Democrats there was no russia collusion investigation during the election.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

How reliable this news are, when after months of Russia link been investigated some FBI people are looking for some GOP offices trash.

No Actually they raided the offices in Annapolis with full warrants and are seizing files and equipment..

"Strategic Campaign Group"...a GOP Political Consultancy..

One of their advisors has ties to Paul Manafort

strategiccampaigngroup.com...

FBI’s D.C. Field Office Raids Republican Campaign Fundraising Firm In Md.
baltimore.cbslocal.com...

It's all breaking news right now...with Rumors that this is one of several raids/warrants being executed in the next 24 hours...could be just rumors...but SCG is definitely full on FBI raided..

And they fund-raise and campaign for several GOP..

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Correct.

Cool story, but since the firing did not effect the investigation in any way, per the testimony to Congress today from the acting-Director, it isn't Obstruction of Justice. Don't keep saying that or you're knowingly propagating a lie.

Its why I didnt bother to respond to his post. Tried of getting bogged down and sidetracked by false claims and misinformation.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I will wait for FBI / DOJ confirmation on the nature of the raids.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No Actually they raided the offices in Annapolis with full warrants and are seizing files and equipment..

It's all breaking news right now...with Rumors that this is one of several raids/warrants being executed in the next 24 hours...could be just rumors...but SCG is definitely full on FBI raided..

If this is true whoever let it slip that it's just one of numerous upcoming raids is a moron and if you wanna talk obstruction of justice, that person should be charged. This news leaking gives other potential offenders notice and opportunity to remove or destroy incriminating evidence.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

nope, more wondering why the 180 degree change trump made. loads of videos of him praising comey.

apparently, according to trump, they had a nice dinner to discuss him remaining as director, questions asked about investigation and such...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Yeah the 180 came from Democrats. The President does not need a reason to fire the FBI Director.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If this is true whoever let it slip that it's just one of numerous upcoming raids is a moron and if you wanna talk obstruction of justice, that person should be charged. This news leaking gives other potential offenders notice and opportunity to remove or destroy incriminating evidence.

Yeah, that's definitely not the kind of thing you want getting out.
Haven't seen the rumors, but one would hope there aren't any specifics.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

i don't really care much about comey.. tho, the way he was fired was shameful.

i care why trump fired him and i sure as hell don't buy the reasons he's giving.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Oh no. Trumps intent was to obstruct. He was just not successful at it.
He thought getting rid of Comey would do it.

Out of the frying pan.
Into the fire.

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join