It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: olaru12
Looks like the GOP will support a special investigation. Into the Trump campaign and Russian connection. uh oh....

Don't hold your breath. Even if they did, it would be appointed by Sessions.

Sessions having recused himself, wouldn't the appointment have to come from the DAG?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

"He's a showboat, he's grandstander, the FBI has been in turmoil," Trump said of Comey in his wide-ranging interview with Holt. "You know that, I know that. Everybody knows that. You take a look at the FBI a year ago, it was in virtual turmoil, less than a year ago. It hasn't recovered from that."

Except I do not see any mention that these are the reasons he was fired. Nor is there any indication that Holt asked "Why did you fire comey?"

So where is the fact?

link   

originally posted by: Majic

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Majic
Trump firing a guy for being a "showboat" and a "grandstander" is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time.

Whatever else one might say about Trump, he never fails to deliver the lulz.

Don't make things up. That's not why he was fired. There's an official reason, then there's # you people make up to make yourselves feel better. Grow up.

uhhh...Those were the Presidents own words in the Lester Holt interview?

Really? Trump said he fired Comey because he was a grandstander? No, he didn't.

Reach as far as you can.

True, he didn't say he fired Comey for those reasons, but that he was planning to fire him for those reasons. My original statement was in reference to the fact that he gave those as being good enough reasons for firing Comey.

And it's still hilarious on multiple levels.

He wanted to fire him but didn't want to just do it for such reasons, which should be commended honestly because he didn't do it for selfish, subjective reasons. So instead he asked his DOJ if he had impartial cause to fire him, and they came back with an official recommendation of basically "Hell yes, he should've been fired last year" so he took action. Should he have fired him for hurting his feelings like Obama did with his SecDefs or just not fired him at all like Obama failed to do with Comey last year? What exactly would you like to have seen happen?

link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Indigo5

That is all the anti Trump media outlets have, speculations to keep those in the public that will listen to any crap they spew.

No idea what you are referring to?

Lots of vitriol and stuff..

let me know if you want to discuss the topic in any substantiative way.

Ok,

Did Comey fail to refer Hillary Clinton's case to grand jury?

Did Comey inexplicably violate FBI rules when not putting Hillary under oath nor documenting interview with her.

Some points to note -

The FBI Director cant empanel a federal grand jury, only the Department of Justice can.
The FBI Director doesnt refer cases to a grand jury, the Department of Justice (prosecutors) do.
The FBI / Law Enforcement cant place people under oath. We can only Mirandize.
Placing someone under oath occurs in court or in depositions with specific requirements.

link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Looks like the GOP will support a special investigation. Into the Trump campaign and Russian connection. uh oh....

Sessions having recused himself, wouldn't the appointment have to come from the DAG?

Correct

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So a question...

In your opinion when would have been a good time to fire the FBI Director?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

That's a good point. Not sure if it would be delegated down or if it would have to go up the chain, which would be to Trump. The wikipedia article on it claims it would go to the President, but the source it cites doesn't say that as far as I can tell. The Deputy AG may not have the authority, in which case it would have to go up, and the person above Sessions is Trump.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
I got all my money on the Democrats trying to survive on the Russian affair to keep those that still believe in them feed.

Eventually is going to backfire and is going to happen in a very ugly way.

They will be no more.

Covering for Hillary is going to come with a big price. She is the one that should be investigated all over again.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I got that one, When the Democrats were asking for his . in a silver platter because he was not good enough to Hillary

link   
a reply to: marg6043

Its already blown up in their face. Given the leaks coming out about everything related to this no one finds it weird no leaks have occurred showing illegal activity / collusion?

As a side note -

People from the executive branch, when testifying before Congress, are somewhat restricted in what they can comment on. Communications with the President are protected unless specifically waived b y the President.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
"Developing: FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at the office of GOP Fundraiser/Consulting firm in Annapolis"

-- Baltimore local news. WBAL

link

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
"Developing: FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at the office of GOP Fundraiser/Consulting firm in Annapolis"

-- Baltimore local news. WBAL

link

Why is this posted in this thread? There is nothing in the article linking it to the Trump campaign - Russia or Comeys firing.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
ANNAPOLIS, Md. —
The FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at an office of a GOP fundraiser/consulting firm in Annapolis, the 11 News I-Team has learned.

www.wbaltv.com...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
ANNAPOLIS, Md. —
The FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at an office of a GOP fundraiser/consulting firm in Annapolis, the 11 News I-Team has learned.

www.wbaltv.com...

Why is this posted in this thread? There is nothing in the article linking it to the Trump campaign - Russia or Comeys firing.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

ANNAPOLIS, Md. —

www.wbaltv.com...

And???????????

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

ANNAPOLIS, Md. —

www.wbaltv.com...

Judging by the frequency of the posts, I wager the Twitterati have made conclusions and off they ran to share them.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

ANNAPOLIS, Md. —

www.wbaltv.com...

Agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigations were in Annapolis Thursday to investigate an organization with offices in the vicinity of Main Street, a spokesperson for the bureau confirmed.

www.baltimoresun.com...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

ANNAPOLIS, Md. —

www.wbaltv.com...

They're losing badly on the substance of this thread so maybe trying to shift gears?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The desperation is so big that even the anti Trump media can not even dig enough to find anything but feeding the opposition with crap.

Still the big deal out of all this is having a knowledge that a former president just like Nixon and that is the truth and to become a fact spied on his opponents and on American people abusing his power and those of the FBI and other spying agencies to help their party candidate.

That is the next big investigation to come forward, those that are still in the democratic party leadership are crapping themselves if this fact gets investigated.

They want Nixon all they need to look at Obama

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: face23785

Lest there be any further confusion, I am NOT claiming Trump fired Comey for being a "showboat" and a "grandstander", though I can understand how my wording could be interpreted that way and apologize for any confusion.

I was referring to the fact that Trump gave those as reasons why he wanted to fire him. He gave other reasons as well, and given the nature of the video and text excerpts, it's possible NBC is quoting him out of context, so that's always worth bearing in mind as well.

My amusement stems from Donald J. Trump criticizing anyone for being a "showboat" and a "grandstander", and I hope it's not too hard to figure out why.

Since we're talking about it, regardless of whether those reasons played into the actual decision to fire Comey, they most certainly will be used by his critics to challenge the official DOJ narrative.

Ironically enough, I happen to agree that the Director of the FBI shouldn't be a "showboat" or a "grandstander", and agree Comey wasn't suited to remain in the job for those as well as numerous other reasons.

But seriously Donald, pot meet kettle.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join