It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Of course there's still an open case.
Three separate cases.
Congress, the Senate and the FBI.
They're not going away.
Trump thinks he can control the flow of information and stop this but these agencies operate differently.
They won't be bullied.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And now has come out that 30 plus sources said Trump was furious that Comey had not dropped the Russian Investigation, that Rod Rosenstein whose letter President Trump cited...never recommended removing Comey and Rosenstein threatened to resign over this being publicly pinned on him.

This was all about squashing the Russia investigation...Trump has been raging about it for weeks..

McCabe is about to Testify...

This is a cover-up any which way you look at it...

The right wing can rage about it...but the reporting and sourcing is overwhelming...Aides, friends, insiders by the dozens explaining Trumps unending rage at Comey and the Russian investigation..

This is going to go south...

Article 1 of the articles of impeachment of Nixon was "Obstruction of Justice"..

If it is proven that Trump fired Comey due to his investigation into Russian-Trump campaign collusion, then even the GOP in congress will be forced to act or suffer tremendous losses in 2018 and 2020.

Have at it boys...flame and rage...but reality cares not...Subpoenas and hearings continue and are expanding because of this move by Trump..

edit on 11-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Chaffetz requests DOJ IG expands probe to include Comey firing

www.politico.com...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I will be interested in McCabe's testimony that kicks off in a few minutes...

McCabe will either moderate his tone with the aim of staying and moving the investigation forward...or he will be blunt in light of Trumps recent moves, essentially challenging Trump to go full Nixon and risking his own termination or having resources fully stripped from the investigation.

Either way, Democrats are going to be asking McCabe some direct questions and Trump's head might explode with some of the answers...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: face23785

Perhaps he's going to sign an executive order declaring that it's a permanent position. And then Vlad can move some stuff into the East Wing
And what are the possibilities of this happening?

Ask trump. He thinks Andrew Jackson weighed in on the civil war.
He thinks he can do lots of things he can't do.

Like stop this investigation.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: face23785

No I understood what you were saying and was correcting you.

You didn't correct anything. Trump can serve 10 years. You were wrong. Sorry.

Trumps not going to finish out this term so that's a moot point.
You spent two pages trolling the thread with off topic posts.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

If all that pans out as you predict then we are looking at Pence running the show? Ugh...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Then why don't you guys hold trump to higher standards?

Because he'd fail.
Just like he's doing.
He can't measure up.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Also - what time is the hearing with McCabe supposed to start? So busy at work these days it's hard to keep up on these threads...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

If all that pans out as you predict then we are looking at Pence running the show? Ugh...

Correct...Pence is more conservative than Trump, more competent and less controversial..
If Trump is removed from office it will actually be worse for progressives..Conservative Policy will get passed quicker and with less controversy.

All that said...Country first...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Also - what time is the hearing with McCabe supposed to start? So busy at work these days it's hard to keep up on these threads...

Just started..

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I don't think Trumps ego would let him resign... for him not to finish the term he would have to be impeached successfully and removed from office...

For that to happen it really depends on what evidence comes out (admittedly I'm not to keen on what would constitute 'obstructing justice') or how it could be proven that Comey being fired was an attempt to derail the investigation. I know optics wise it points to that but I'm talking actual evidence needed for an impeachable offense...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Can you imagine who Pence would nominate to the supreme court if some of the justices end up retiring soon? Do progressives really want that?

Strategically it seems it would be politically neutering to keep Trump there as more of his inner circle are chipped away at, but obviously if he broke the law I think justice should be served...

I'm skeptical though as a rule with all politicians and their motives so who knows what will happen.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Mark Warner opening Senate hearing now.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

He needs a time machine then. To go back to when Thing 1 and Thing 2 (Eric and Little Don) were boasting about all the Russian money flowing into their company.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yeah says trumps puppets. There are a lot people who know for a fact the request for resources ( man power and funding) was made last week. Comey was ramping up the investigation.
The Whitehouse denied it happened and then shut up about it because too many people came forth to say he had made the request.
Seems trump can't get everyone to lie for him.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Strategically...I am not sure how many in DC play the long game or if terms, elections and campaigns afford strategy that goes beyond 2018 or 2020..

The first two years of a Presidents term is when things get done..The last two years is campaign season.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Yes. I just edited my post.
You are correct.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Starting to sound like Nixon's weekend trying to get someone to fire Cox.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First pitch to McCabe...

Have you ever heard Director Comey give assurances to the President that he was not the subject of an investigation?

A: Sir, I can not comment on any conversation the Director might have had with the President.

Moving on to General Stewart.

This looks like McCabe is going to duck the near term controversy...I am off to work and will have to check back to see if McCabe actually opts to throw punches vs. duck.

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join