It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Comey's farewell letter: 'I'm not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed'

Former FBI director James Comey, who was fired Tuesday by President Donald Trump, sent a farewell letter Wednesday to the bureau's staff and his friends.

In the letter, obtained by ABC News, Comey concedes that the commander in chief has the right to do as he sees fit. "I have long believed that a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all," he writes.

Comey also seems to be at peace about the surprise dismissal, writing, "I'm not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed. I hope you won't either. It is done, and I will be fine, although I will miss you and the mission deeply."

Below, the letter in its entirety:

To all:

I have long believed that a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all. I'm not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed. I hope you won't either. It is done, and I will be fine, although I will miss you and the mission deeply.

I have said to you before that, in times of turbulence, the American people should see the FBI as a rock of competence, honesty, and independence. What makes leaving the FBI hard is the nature and quality of its people, who together make it that rock for America.

It is very hard to leave a group of people who are committed only to doing the right thing. My hope is that you will continue to live our values and the mission of protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution. If you do that, you too will be sad when you leave, and the American people will be safer.

Working with you has been one of the great joys of my life. Thank you for that gift.

Jim Comey

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Has Hillary Clinton chimed in yet? I have not seen anything so far.

I am really curious to see if she will stick with the script that has been distributed for the Dems.
I think it would be hard for her considering she has consistently criticized Comey.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I am really curious to see if she will stick with the script that has been distributed for the Dems.
I think it would be hard for her considering she has consistently criticized Comey.

As someone mentioned she may not say anything. The end result of all of this could be a re-opened Clinton investigation. If that happens, she'd be well advised to not say anything.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It looks like her last Tweet was on May 7th and it dealt with the French Presidential elections. Other than that I have not seen nor heard from her. I truely believe they are waiting to see who the replacement is and whether or not Hillary will still be protected.

I expect the FBI #2, Andrew McCabe, to be out of a job when a new director is named / confirmed. That was Clintons other insurance policy, so to speak.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It seems like it is certain they will reopen the investigation. The wording of Rosenstein's letter makes it inevitable.
I can see why Comey had to go in order to do that.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It seems like it is certain they will reopen the investigation. The wording of Rosenstein's letter makes it inevitable.

Possibly... I know the Inspector General review of Comey / Lynches actions are still being investigated so all of that might hinge on the results of the IG.

It would make things easier in terms of reopening that and other scandals if the IG concludes Comey / Lynch acted improperly.
edit on 10-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Possibly... I know the Inspector General review of Comey / Lynches actions ares still being investigated so all of that might hinge on the results of the IG.

It would make things easier in terms of reopening that and other scandals if the IG concludes Comey / Lynch acted improperly.

Frankly I don't see how the IG can come to any other conclusion. IGs in the military are usually pretty straight shooters. If the Justice Department's is truly impartial, it's an easy call in my opinion. Comey had to go either way.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I agree the only way to open up the cases against those that think they are untouchable in politics is with a new FBI director so those that are still faithful to Obama that belong to the Obama swamp be very careful that they will be the next to be fired.

The Democrats are wasting tax payers dollar going after Trump and Russia because like that they think they can stop any other investigation that goes against the corruption that ran rampant under Obama.

They are having a melt down and calling Trump Nixon, they are a disgrace and have become the biggest joke in politics in this nation.

They are nothing but a joke disgraceful joke.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The next phase is starting -

Jonathan Weisman‏Verified account @jonathanweisman 54m54 minutes ago

The president, Mr. Comey told associates, was “outside the realm of normal,” even “crazy.”

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I would be halfway tempted to support Trump if I didn't think the whole thing (The Trump win and so forth) is/was/remains a carefully planned sham to try and make people believe they actually have a choice.

None of this means anything. Comey is just another disposable bureaucrat who will not lose anything. They love to bring new people in every now and then to keep people confused.

This whole thing just stinks? Are they serious with the Trump and Russia story? Of course not. Not even a year ago the media was full of pictures of Obama in Cuba humping Castro's leg. All I heard about that from liberals was how great it was that an American president was finally ending those "outdated old ideas" about how one of the worst communist dictators in history actually is an enemy of freedom.

Of the many times when Russia has been instrumental in causing chaos in this country, the media chooses now as the time to care? Please. I smell tuna!
edit on 10-5-2017 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Nah, the old hag is crapping on her "depend" under pants, thinking what they will find if the new FBI director starts to dig deep on her corruption and her money laundering foundation.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Sen Rand Paul's take on this. Two reporters told him they have multiple sources that believe he was surveilled as well under the Obama admin.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Now that Comey is gone we may find out a lot more about what the Obama administration was doing on the America people and the targeting of certain political figures.

The cover up of Hillary and her gang will come up too.

These people right now are probably full of Prozac and anti depressants and looking for a Russia to take them in when they start running away from the US.To avoid prosecution.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Wookiep

Now that Comey is gone we may find out a lot more about what the Obama administration was doing on the America people and the targeting of certain political figures.

The cover up of Hillary and her gang will come up too.

These people right now are probably full of Prozac and anti depressants and looking for a Russia to take them in when they start running away from the US.To avoid prosecution.

Yes that's why the left has lost what little sanity they had the past 24+ hours as they realize bulwark of defence against accountability has crumbled.

Comeys firing is going to ripple through not just past administration but also congress as testimony showed a time line that congress gang of eight was not doing its job of oversight. Let's not forget McCains part in this either.

Next several months are going to be interesting.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

She's in the woods at a campfire girls symposium.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The next phase is starting -

Jonathan Weisman‏Verified account @jonathanweisman 54m54 minutes ago

The president, Mr. Comey told associates, was “outside the realm of normal,” even “crazy.”

Who is Jonathan Weisman and how does he play into this?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well he's sure acting like he's hiding something.

If he's got nothing to hide.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
uh oh....By Trump firing Comey and trying to intimidate the FBI is just having the opposite effect and bringing even more heat down on those clowns.

Giuliani as new FBI director...how's that sound?

Like a bad joke.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yeah..didn't that end with Obama at a 36% approval rate and a 56% disapproval rate resulting in Obama screaming at a tv while his dis-loyal staff ran to WaPo and the Times telling tales out of school.
I remember too. It was exactly like this situation.

You had me going for a second before I realized it was satire.
The coming days should be interesting.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

They don't even hold trump to the standards they held Obama to.

Guess they know he'd never measure up.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join