It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Xcathdra

a reply to: Indigo5

So is Obama unamerican when he banned media from covering his meeting with Muslim American leaders at the White House?

Did he invite Al-Jazeera to the meeting while banning American Reporters?

Otherwise WTF are you talking about??

Trump is sick in the head...

What part of me saying Obama refused media access for when he met with Muslim American leaders confused you? Your the one who called Trump un american for banning the press. I am using your standard and applying it to Obama.

Having meetings that are closed to the press does happen..

Having meetings that are closed to American Press while not allowing American Press in?

Are you unable to differentiate?

no but apparently you are since American press was banned.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So is Obama unamerican when he banned media from covering his meeting with Muslim American leaders at the White House?

What part of me saying Obama refused media access for when he met with Muslim American leaders confused you? Your the one who called Trump un american for banning the press. I am using your standard and applying it to Obama.

Having meetings that are closed to American Press while not allowing American Press in?

You seem intent on lying.

Only photographers were allowed in. American and Russian. The official photographers.

townhall.com...

Just stop your lying.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: face23785

Except for the fact the term is 4 years... Max of 8.

Trying to use semantics is not gonna fly on this one. FDR was the last President to serve 3 terms and to date no VP has done what you are suggesting. Its the exception rather than the rule and for good reason.

This doesn't change the fact that you can serve up to 10 years as president, which is all I said. It's not semantics. Numbers don't lie, they don't change when you want them to. You can indeed serve up to 10 years as President. Nothing you say will change that fact.

Again, the topic was Trump.

Can Trump end up serving 10 years as president?

Yes if we want to play games, actually he could. He could finish out this term and not seek re-election, and instead run as the VP on another ticket. That president could then resign after 2 years, and Trump would finish his term for a total of 6 years, and still be eligible to run again and if he wins, serve that 4 year term for a total of 10. In the case of a Bush or Obama or other 2-term president, once they are elected to their 2nd term, if they haven't served a partial term after taking over as VP, yes their maximum is 8. But a 1st term President could still possibly serve 10 years, however unlikely doesn't change that.

link   

No Trey Gowdy is a member of the House Intel Committee and was discussing issuing a subpoena after her refusal to voluntarily testify in front of the Senate.

Like i said though feel free to tell Try Gowdy he is talking # since you apparently know more than he does about what he says.

link   

originally posted by: peck420

Oh, you mean the Russians publish their official photographer's work through their official state run news? Say it ain't so!!!!

All Russian News is State Run..
It was the Russian TASS News Agency that took and published pictures of the meeting.

If I follow you...Trump would have allowed in American Media as long as it was Government Run?

He prefers Propaganda outlets...but no free press allowed?

It wasn't a Russian Press vs. American Press thing...it was the Free Press part that moved him to not allow them.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Maaaybe ...
... a lot of you are are pretty much 'au fait'
with the arcane movements of The President of the USA

People outside of the 'States are enthralled by it all
Seriously

As if we were living House of Cards in real time ..
in real life

*ohh my god : the madman has just fired the boss of the fbi !*

You bet'cha that's making headline news

the beeb & the graun are the most 'accesible' to yurpeens
lzay oens don't click on links

Turmoil in Washington

James Comey fired / reactions .. rolling feed

link   

originally posted by: peck420

Oh, you mean the Russians publish their official photographer's work through their official state run news? Say it ain't so!!!!

All Russian News is State Run..
It was the Russian TASS News Agency that took and published pictures of the meeting.

If I follow you...Trump would have allowed in American Media as long as it was Government Run?

He prefers Propaganda outlets...but no free press allowed?

It wasn't a Russian Press vs. American Press thing...it was the Free Press part that moved him to not allow them.

Still going on with your lies?
NO press was allowed in - only official photographers from the Whitehouse and the Russian team.

Why do you persist with the BS when it's so easy to find out you are purposely trying to mislead people?

link   

Read here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

your so desperate to malign Trump you ignore facts...

sad.
edit on 10-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No Trey Gowdy is a member of the House Intel Committee and was discussing issuing a subpoena after her refusal to voluntarily testify in front of the Senate.

Like i said though feel free to tell Try Gowdy he is talking # since you apparently know more than he does about what he says.

I know who Trey Gowdy is..

He is the a-hole that looks like a Harry Potter Villain..

And he said something...Like people like him always do..

How on earth can you still be confused between a hack-politican like trey gowdy talking about who should be issued a subpoena and ACTUAL subpoenas being issued..

Amazing you cant tell the difference..

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Perhaps he's going to sign an executive order declaring that it's a permanent position. And then Vlad can move some stuff into the East Wing
And what are the possibilities of this happening?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Gowdy wants Rice subpoenaed before the committee he sits on. What part of that is confusing you?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You seem intent on lying.

Only photographers were allowed in. American and Russian. The official photographers.

townhall.com...

Just stop your lying.

I'm confused. Your link confirms that only TASS photographers and the official WH photographer were allowed in.

No other media outlets were allowed in? Only those approved by the State of Russia or the Official State-approved WH photographer?

Am I missing something? Photographers are a vital part of the press.
edit on 10-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

What the law doesn't in clear terms say is that AUSAs may also subpoena on the GJ behalf if they allow. Full investigations can happen without the GJ fully aware.

Only reason I mention it is to help narrow the list down from where the leak came from, in this case, possibly the DoJ.

link   

Perhaps he's going to sign an executive order declaring that it's a permanent position. And then Vlad can move some stuff into the East Wing

Zero, since that can't be changed by an executive order.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Gowdy wants Rice subpoenaed before the committee he sits on. What part of that is confusing you?

Gowdy also wants a lot of weird things...so?

WTF does that have to do with the Supeona's that have been issued both by the Senate Intelligence Committee and a FBI Grand Jury for Flynn and Flynn associates..

One is stuff that comes out of Trey Gowdy's ever moving mouth...

The other is actually happening..

Please tell me you understand the difference?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: RickinVa

and once again, given the context of the conversation from 4 pages ago it dealt with Trump trying to use an EO to extend his term.

Like I said, semantics.

In this case its 8 years and thats it.

It wasn't just semantics because of this:

No the US President's terms are 4 years - max of 2 terms (8 years). The VP and term in office after assuming the Presidency is restricted based on when he came into that position.

Either way the term is 4 years, not 5 so im not sure where you are getting 10 years from.

You would not have been talking about 5 year terms if you understood what I was saying. Not to mention, as I just demonstrated, Trump could indeed serve 10 years since he hasn't started his 2nd term yet. So are you gonna be an adult and just admit you were wrong? Or do we keep playing these games?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No I understood what you were saying and was correcting you.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Xcathdra

What the law doesn't in clear terms say is that AUSAs may also subpoena on the GJ behalf if they allow. Full investigations can happen without the GJ fully aware.

Only reason I mention it is to help narrow the list down from where the leak came from, in this case, possibly the DoJ.

Fair point...

link   

No I understood what you were saying and was correcting you.

You didn't correct anything. Trump can serve 10 years. You were wrong. Sorry.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

Zero, since that can't be changed by an executive order.
Exactly. The original poster was postulating that could happen, when of course it can't.

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join