It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

aaaaHaHaHa

according to sources close to James Comey

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Whoa boy! This looks like the beginning of the end! Fasten your seat belts, 'cuz this ride is turning into a quite the roller coster! Are you getting your money's worth yet?

Hard to keep up...

But Senate Intelligence Committee has already asked the Inspector General of the DOJ to look into the Comey firing.

AND this..

Senate Intelligence Committee Exploring Ways To Obtain Trump’s Comey ‘Tapes’
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now they will request the memos from the FBI of Trumps conversations with Comey..Detailing Trumps effort to squash the investigation.

All on the backs of continuing Russia investigation...Flynn Subpoenas etc.

# just went full Nixon..

I kinda suspect Trump does have WH Tapes, but that he doesn't want to share them

Maybe he will do some editing before sharing like Nixon did?

Rep. Adam Schiff, who is a ranking Democrat member of the House Intelligence Committee spoke not long after the report was published saying that "enough is enough" and added that "we need to get to the bottom of this."

Schiff also said "If necessary we should subpoena (tapes) of Comey conversation if they exist."

Sen. Lindsey Graham said that Comey should testify before his Senate panel about his discussions with Trump over Flynn.

Comey had already been invited to testify before the Senate intelligence committee Tuesday about his firing a week ago, but he declined the invitation.

"OK, well, he's got to come in and tell us why," Graham said. "We're not going to try somebody on a piece of paper."

Graham also said he would consider a special prosecutor if Comey's recounting of the meeting was accurate.

www.wcvb.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Bumping this thread.

Breaking:
New York Times reporting. As part of a paper trail in James Comeys own records of Mike Flynn investigation a memo written by James Comey has been found saying that Donald trump asked James Comey to shut down the Flynn investigation.
In a meeting in the oval office on February 14th after a regularly scheduled security briefing trump dismissed the attendees asking Mr Comey to stay behind. trump is reported to have said " Flynn has done nothing" and "Flynn is a good man, perhaps you could move on. I hope you can see your way to move on " according to sources close to James Comey. The memo has been verified as have been part of Comeys own records and notes on the Flynn investigation.

And of course the Whitehouse denies it was said.

Didn't someone say just the other day Comey kept an extensive paper trail of behavior he deemed inappropriate.

You just don't mess with the intelligence community.
Nixon
Reagan
Bush
All had their moments.
But this. Well
Still developing.
Confirmation by nbc news.

So Comey is alleging Trump attempted to obstruct justice and he, the FBI Director, did nothing? Sounds legit.

He did the only thing he could do? He documented it in case records were requested for impeachment purposes.

You can't charge or arrest a sitting President for obstructing justice.

You can impeach them though..

Hilarious though that you spin this as COMEY'S bad, not Trumps!

Um no, what he should've done if it really happened was inform the AG and the Senate/House Judiciary Committee chairs, the government ethics office, there's a whole bunch of people who should be notified if something like that happens.
edit on 16 5 17 by face23785 because: ID'd the specific committees that should've been notified if this really happened

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wheels might be coming off with this latest development.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

haha protect Flynn. Scandal two. Makes me wonder what exactly the Russians have on Trump.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Could you be more specific? Only had 1 cup of coffee and still not sifted through the fluff yet.

I would sincerely appreciate it!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Comey created a paper trail of his dealings with Trump and the Flynn investigation. An excerpt from one alleged memo says that Trump essentially asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Ok, thank you. On the same page then.

Same as everything else up to date, hoping to see some evidence. This is getting ridiculous.

I noticed you said essentially. We both know that means squat. Are the memo's somehow classified or secret or.....?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Since some people are bringing up Watergate recently, there were a lot of fake memos and documents created to try to cover their asses in Watergate. Just sayin

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Dunno yet but even House GOP is getting fed up with Trump.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Luckily there are ways to trace and track documents these days. I highly doubt he had it scribbled on a post-it note.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Dunno yet but even House GOP is getting fed up with Trump.

Good! Means he just may be doing something right.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Luckily there are ways to trace and track documents these days. I highly doubt he had it scribbled on a post-it note.

The government still uses paper for a lot of things, including memos. It's quite easy to simply type an incorrect date on a memo.

link   
I saw this tweet online today and found it hilarious. I guess at some future point the connection will come out, especially with so many other people connected.

"You believed there was a child sex ring in the basement of a pizza place with no basement but you can’t see the Trump/Russia connection."

link   

It's a fake story.

and scholarly

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Memos can be audio with a time stamp. We need to listen to the WH audio tapes of the meeting as well. Trump threatened comey with them remember?

Smells like watergate more and more...Believe me.
edit on 16-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Ok well lets follow this a second. A memo. Typically used for sharing or reminding and hand written. Based on that we could assume that he never meant to share it.

Given that the ones who produced the article are saying that their sources "saw" the memo, I'm going to assume it was meant to be shared in some form. That means copies. Whether in printed form or from a copier, there will be a record of that.

Regardless of all the could/woulds and maybe's, there is a piece of paper that exists that can prove or disprove the entire fiasco.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Memos can be audio with a time stamp. We need to listen to the WH audio tapes of the meeting as well. Trump threatened comey with them.

I believe Congress needs to open an investigation and then subpoena them then declassify them in order for the people to ever hear them. Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You're missing the point. It would be easy to type up a memo of something like this later and put a false date on it, there would be no way to prove that was done unless the hard drive or printer were forensically analyzed.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Memos can be audio with a time stamp. We need to listen to the WH audio tapes of the meeting as well. Trump threatened comey with them.

I believe Congress needs to open an investigation and then subpoena them then declassify them in order for the people to ever hear them. Correct me if I am wrong.

There will be an investigation and Trump should welcome it, if he has nothing to hide. He promised transparency remember?

new topics

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join