It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: babybunnies
I'm just stunned that no one in the media (mainstream or otherwise) seem to be talking about the ethics and morality of having Donald Trump replace the head of the FBI who he just fired (or the ethics or morals of the actual firing), when the FBI are still running an active investigation into his campaign.

This job of hiring the replacement should go to the most senior person in Government not involved with the campaign at all. In this case, that would be Paul Ryan, or it should be referred to a Senate subcommittee due to massive conflict of interest on the part of the President.

The firing of Comey should have been referred to a Senate sub committee, given the nature of the FBI investigation. Donald Trump's firing of the head of the agency that is investigating him is a massive moral and ethical dilemma. Unfortunately, the party he represents seem to have zero morals or ethics.

Had Donald Trump of referred Comey to a Senate Sub Committee, and presented his case on why he should have been fired, then they could have made that decision for him and it would have been both morally and ethically justified.

Why? HE DOESN'T NEED TO DO THAT.

All this Trump BS is about control.

They will never control him or make him do anything by bullying.

Cooperation would be the best way but no, the left wants to keep being idiots.

The Left?

His own party has no confidence in him and his advisers. The oval office is in total chaos. He can't even get his own people to cooperate. Sad, believe me.

www.rawstory.com...

Yes hes battling windmills and running in circles.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There is a commonality among both far left and far right dictators, their willingness to kill family, friends, opponents, even supporters who happen to do something he dislikes. We frown upon that in American government. Instead, our leaders must resort to abusing their office's power to get even.

If I felt that someone was going to share my BFF's secrets, I might want to do something to stop that from happening. If I were a govt official, I might want to think about how I could use that power to stop any revelations. Perhaps this is all The Donald wanted to do

"@VladimirRussia7: @realDonaldTrump Merry Christmas,my favorite billionaire!" Thanks!

tweet from 1:08 PM - 24 Dec 2014 from Palm Beach, FL

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Desert... you're smarter than that.

A tweet from 2014? That's considered evidence for collusion with a foreign government? Really? I have had conversations with Russian students at my school... am I now an accomplice? I love vodka, and there's some damn good vodka from Russia that I have bought. I liked it! Am I now beholden to Vladimir Putin? I have worked with a Doctoral candidate from Jordan... am I a terrorist?

Do you not see where the disconnect is coming from? You just implicated millions of Americans along with Donald Trump! The same implications you advance toward him are applicable to millions of innocent Americans!

Think, woman! Please!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think he has not found his tail jet but I am sure he is trying.

People needs to get off the fake news agenda.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

But, but I though it was the dossier the one that prompted the investigation.

Darn I am sure that if the investigators find Trumps family tree he may be related to Putin.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

lol my vodka of choice is Tito's, highly recommend.

Well, after declaring in Feb, "I don't know Putin", Trump either meant in the Biblical sense or he has trouble with his memory. Apparently, Trump was Vlad's BBB, best billionaire buddy, enough at the end of 2014 to give a public "thanks" to Vlad. Maybe Trump was still Vlad's BBB six months later when he announced his candidacy. Who knows.... would be interesting to find out. BBB's keep secrets. Maybe The Donald and Vlad pinkie swore some secrets, important secrets.... one way to find out.

Heck, maybe Vlad was drunk on Russian vodka when he sent the tweet. Trump doesn't drink....tweets like he does.... but he did reply to Vlad.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I don't 'know' that Russian girl I talked to, either.

I can't walk through Walmart, literally, without being approached by someone who 'knows' me. 4 out of 5 times, I don't know their freakin' name! I don't tell them to go away... I talk to them, trying desperately to get some clue in the conversation as to who the Hades they are.

"I don't know Putin" does not mean he doesn't know who Putin is, does not mean he has never spoken to Putin, does not mean he would not speak to Putin. It means he does not have an ongoing relationship (sigh... guess I need to point out that 'relationship' does not mean sexual relations in this warped hate-Trump environment) with Putin.

Earth to desert... come in, desert!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I find it hilarious when they pretend they don't know that's all he meant. The levels of ignorance one has to feign to keep this Russian collusion thing going are staggering.
edit on 14 5 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I used to think it was funny, too... but lately I have come to realize it's about as funny as a car crash. The damage done by these desperate mental gymnastics to the country in terms of mutual trust, mutual respect, respect for the rule of law, and peaceful coexistence is nothing short of horrific.

We are living in historic times...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What’s disgusting is the blatant hypocrisy of the Trump supporters and the GOP who would have conniption fits if Obama fired Comey when he was investigating Hillary.

There would have been calls for impeachment and there would likely be an impeachment

Your hypocrisy is exposed

edit on 14-5-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What’s disgusting is the blatant hypocrisy of the Trump supporters and the GOP who would have conniption fits if Obama fired Comey when he was investigating Hillary.

There would have been calls for impeachment and there would likely be an impeachment

False. The reason most of us aren't upset is because most of us understand the firing had zero impact on the investigation at all. The acting Director confirmed this when asked that by Congress the other day. It doesn't require any partisan leanings at all, it merely requires you acknowledge Comey wasn't single-handedly doing the investigation.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well, I'll tell you, things have me worried about this country. The Donald's lies and chaotic pronouncements and actions make him look like the biggest pusher of modern Russian propaganda techniques. If he intends to let the Fox into the WH to manage govt communications, well, we are in the area of authoritarian controlled news. Remember Pravda?

Roger Ailes 40 years ago wanted a GOP TV

"Today television news is watched more often than people read newspapers, than people listen to the radio, than people read or gather any other form of communication," the memo read. "The reason: People are lazy. With television you just sit—watch—listen. The thinking is done for you."

The memo, created in 1970, was titled "A Plan for Putting the GOP on TV News."

The other things that smacks of authoritarian govt control is this

Shadow y tech firm that helped Trump win could be paid to build ‘Minority Report’ crime prediction database

The original article on which the above is based on is an excellent read, but this link is a good summary.

As I've said for awhile now, Americans already weakened themselves over the years to the point where we really didn't need much help from Russia to succumb to any Russian state influence. The idea is to look at, to get to the bottom of, exactly the extant of Russian meddling in our elections, how they infiltrated themselves into our election psyche and campaign system. Comey's firing has the smell of obstruction.

James Clapper is not a happy man. From this morning

"I think in many ways our institutions are under assault both externally -- and that's the big news here is the Russian interference in our election system -- and I think as well our institutions are under assault internally," Clapper said on CNN's "State of the Union."

CNN link

Both externally and internally. That is chilling.

ETA oops, left off most chilling part of Clapper quote

Pressed by anchor Jake Tapper if he meant US institutions were under assault internally from the President, Clapper responded, "Exactly."

From the President.
edit on 14-5-2017 by desert because: ETA

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure what your point is here. Are you trying to say the fact some Americans would prefer to receive their news from a conservative-leaning source rather than the plethora of liberal-leaning sources is some evidence Russia is controlling the country?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

The reason most of us aren't upset is because most of us understand the firing had zero impact on the investigation at all.

That isn't exactly accurate though. Even if the media is impacted by presenting a fair and honest account of what is happening or otherwise the impact is still real. Lending confusion to a topic already drenched from the quagmire puts doubt and suspicion into any reasonably critical thinking individual.

The acting Director confirmed this when asked that by Congress the other day. It doesn't require any partisan leanings at all, it merely requires you acknowledge Comey wasn't single-handedly doing the investigation.

That's true. But conducting an investigation of this nature is much like developing systems applications...you don't NEED the lead developer to continue with the project, but likely he/she will have to start from a seriously compromised position. This is no different. Anyone worth their salt coming into this investigation cold would have an inherent need to wipe the slate and begin their own investigation to know what's real from what's fantasy or contrived.

Or....are you somehow suggesting that the entire thing should be dropped?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

No. Look, Spicer came over from the RNC (he was their communications director); I have no problem with that. What I am saying is that it is unwise to set up a defacto political party news source, Fox News, coming from the WH. Pravda was the newspaper of the Communist Party and the Soviet Union. It is not good to have a political party news source be the official record of govt communications with citizens. Fox News was set up with the intention of being GOP TV.

Americans should be getting information, points of view, from a variety of sources, not just from/of one political slant. Sadly, the days when one would read publications from across the political spectrum are long past.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Here again, what lies? Trump speaks plainly. Does everyone who speaks plainly lie? That's a pretty huge blanket assertion!

The last time I was approached by a charity at an intersection, I told them I didn't have any money. I did; I had $20 to buy some medicine for my wife. OMG! I'm a liar for life! How dare I not hold up traffic trying to explain my financial situation in detail so as not to be rude to someone!

It's good to hold people to a standard, but that standard must be reasonable! No one, I suspect not even Jesus Himself, could pass the scrutiny you choose to place Trump under. That is wholly and absolutely unreasonable, and actually frightening to the population. You, yourself, could not hope to stand up to that scrutiny in all probability, yet you apply it to others. That is the textbook definition of hypocrisy.

Roger Ailes is not President.

James Clapper is not a Saint.

If there is any evidence to indicate Trump colludes with the Russians, please present it! Official testimony has been given that there is no evidence of such collusion, but after several months not one shred of reliable evidence has been presented that there was collusion. Not. One. Shred.

At this point, that horse has been beaten to death, mashed into dog food, fed to the dogs, and the dogs have been beaten to death. I will have to see absolute, irrefutable proof like a videotaped admission verified by an army of video technicians to be unedited before I would believe it. Enough with the Russia claims!

You lose all credibility with me by even mentioning them.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

The reason most of us aren't upset is because most of us understand the firing had zero impact on the investigation at all.

That isn't exactly accurate though. Even if the media is impacted by presenting a fair and honest account of what is happening or otherwise the impact is still real. Lending confusion to a topic already drenched from the quagmire puts doubt and suspicion into any reasonably critical thinking individual.

The acting Director confirmed this when asked that by Congress the other day. It doesn't require any partisan leanings at all, it merely requires you acknowledge Comey wasn't single-handedly doing the investigation.

That's true. But conducting an investigation of this nature is much like developing systems applications...you don't NEED the lead developer to continue with the project, but likely he/she will have to start from a seriously compromised position. This is no different. Anyone worth their salt coming into this investigation cold would have an inherent need to wipe the slate and begin their own investigation to know what's real from what's fantasy or contrived.

Or....are you somehow suggesting that the entire thing should be dropped?

That's not a very good analogy. Comey wasn't the lead agent, or really involved in the investigation (project) at all. It simply won't effect it. A better analogy would be the owner of the company changed. The project would continue unabated unless the new owner simply hated the project and thought it wouldn't make the company money and decided to cancel it, which isn't an option for the incoming Director.

Not to mention there are House and Senate investigations ongoing as well. The concern just isn't warranted. Firing Comey won't enable Trump to cover up anything.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

No. Look, Spicer came over from the RNC (he was their communications director); I have no problem with that. What I am saying is that it is unwise to set up a defacto political party news source, Fox News, coming from the WH. Pravda was the newspaper of the Communist Party and the Soviet Union. It is not good to have a political party news source be the official record of govt communications with citizens. Fox News was set up with the intention of being GOP TV.

Americans should be getting information, points of view, from a variety of sources, not just from/of one political slant. Sadly, the days when one would read publications from across the political spectrum are long past.

Your concerns might be reasonable if they revoked press passes from everyone except Fox.

NYT literally apologized for being so slanted towards Clinton during the election. De facto party news source?

People can choose to get their news from a variety of sources. You can read Fox's article on a subject, then read CNN's, and the truth usually is somewhere in between. It usually requires doing a little research on your own. Most simply don't choose to or don't have the time.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I apologize for not being clearer about Trump replacing at least one current staff with FOX personnel. Here's one source for story.

Trump may dump Spicer, considering Fox host as spokesperson: report

So it goes beyond who gets press access. This is about the idea of putting in a defacto political party news outfit into the WH. Pravda on the Potomac. OTOH it may only reflect The Donald's need for entertainment/media "ratings", and he hasn't thought through putting FOX in the WH.

Sigh... yes, choose to or don't have time, not even for listening via radio. My late fil listened to only one source (FOX) and went to his grave a couple years ago believing Obama was a Kenyan Marxist Muslim. God, I miss William F. Buckley, Jr.!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

False. The reason most of us aren't upset is because most of us understand the firing had zero impact on the investigation at all. The acting Director confirmed this when asked that by Congress the other day. It doesn't require any partisan leanings at all, it merely requires you acknowledge Comey wasn't single-handedly doing the investigation.

It doesn't matter whether the firing has any impact what matters is Trump's intent.

People who defend Trump would be going crazy if Obama did what he did, that's a fact, and you and everybody else knows it.

new topics

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join