It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:
(post by face23785 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Indeed. This seems to benefit Comey more than Trump.

Looks like Trump may finally be getting out-trolled.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It was in the Clapper and Yates hearing on live TV. so I don't have a link as I was watching live, I think it was a thread on the subject that same day at the same time here in ATS.

When he was asked he said he could not talk about it publicly.

He could not give details, when Yates was asked she denied, Also he confirm that he asked to do the unmasking, Now Yates denied that she ask to do the unmasking.

None could give any details in public.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Hmmm, so it's raise, then. Interesting play.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I watched the hearing.

That was not a question of whether he knew who leaked to the press.

That was a question centered on what members of the trump campaign team might have been unmasked etc.

I can see how you conflate the two, but that was likely open investigations into Flynn, Carter Page or Manafort..

Those guys were on IC Radar before Trump Campaign was rolling.

Carter Page for example had already admitted two years before to unwittingly giving docs to a Russian FSB agent, Flynn had all kinds of crazy going onas an x-Dir. of Military intelligence..

That wasn't clapper admitting he knew the leaker, that was clapper saying discussing who amongst trump associates was unmasked and why was a discussion for closed door classified.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I actually agree on your bullet points...

Just not necessarily on the rest of what constituted SS "protected area"...

You suppose it was the hallway to the capitol building...

I suppose it was the space between SS and Sec. Price..where this idiot reporter likely shoved his cell phone recorder across repeatedly..

I think the charge and arrest were stupid and an overreach and offensive to the concept of free press...you think it was overdue..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

Politics aside completely...

In private life or public...being on the wrong side of men like James Clapper and James Comey is not a place a President should aspire to be.

I think it was Bush senior who told incoming President Bill Clinton the advice "Don't eff with the intelligence community"..

We will see what comes next.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

So Presidents should accept incompetent IC leaders to save their own skin? That's the kind of leader you want?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

In private life or public...being on the wrong side of men like James Clapper and James Comey is not a place a President should aspire to be.

I think it was Bush senior who told incoming President Bill Clinton the advice "Don't eff with the intelligence community"..

Bush senior would be in a position to know. Given that family's history and connections, one could almost interpret that quote as friendly advice or thinly veiled threat.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

So Presidents should accept incompetent IC leaders to save their own skin? That's the kind of leader you want?

You think James Clapper was incompetent?

James Comey?

On Comey..>Richard Burr, Head of the Senate Intelligence Committee has Republican Credentials like few others..

This is what he said of Comey..

“I find him to be one of the most ethical, upright, straightforward individuals I've had the opportunity to work with,” the North Carolina Republican said of Comey. “The lion's share of FBI employees respect the former director.”

www.politico.com...

I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey’s termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the Committee. In my interactions with the Director and with the Bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our Committee. Director Comey has been more forthcoming with information than any FBI Director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intelligence committees. His dismissal, I believe, is a loss for the Bureau and the nation.”

www.latimes.com...

And for effs sake...you really going to go after James Clapper?

These men are national hero's..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Bush senior would be in a position to know. Given that family's history and connections, one could almost interpret that quote as friendly advice or thinly veiled threat.

Bush Sr. endured the Iran-Contra scandal...I believe that was the root of his advice..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Presidents should be competent leaders. The rest falls into place without all this bull#. This "leader" is utterly self-absorbed and completely out of his league.

It would be the same as if Jamie Dimon walked into an OR and started to perform surgery.
It's a bad (sick) fit. Stupid (bad) choice. He should never have been allowed to run at all. What a pathetic joke.
And every day that passes with this administration is evidence of his incompetence, his absolute idiocy, and his glaring mental illness. Those who continue to support him become qualified in those same categories. Phenomena that are absolutely self-evident.

It couldn't be more ridiculous.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

James Comey?

On Comey..>Richard Burr, Head of the Senate Intelligence Committee has Republican Credentials like few others..

“I find him to be one of the most ethical, upright, straightforward individuals I've had the opportunity to work with,” the North Carolina Republican said of Comey. “The lion's share of FBI employees respect the former director.”

www.politico.com...

I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey’s termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the Committee. In my interactions with the Director and with the Bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our Committee. Director Comey has been more forthcoming with information than any FBI Director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intelligence committees. His dismissal, I believe, is a loss for the Bureau and the nation.”

www.latimes.com...

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. I just don't think it's a good thing for Presidents to have the understanding that well whatever my IC heads do, I can't oppose them because it could cost me.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

It's a bad (sick) fit. Stupid (bad) choice. He should never have been allowed to run at all. What a pathetic joke.

Hey Buzzy...where did you learn to speak Trump? Is there an online translator you can link me to?...it would help me greatly..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Presidents should be competent leaders. The rest falls into place without all this bull#. This "leader" is utterly self-absorbed and completely out of his league.

It would be the same as if Jamie Dimon walked into an OR and started to perform surgery.
And every day that passes with this administration is evidence of his incompetence, his absolute idiocy, and his glaring mental illness. Those who continue to support him become qualified in those same categories. Phenomena that are absolutely self-evident.

It couldn't be more ridiculous.

Again I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. And this is a gross misunderstanding of leadership. No matter how good a leader you are you cannot control all the actions of the people you lead. The point remains, Presidents shouldn't be afraid to challenge their IC leaders if they do something wrong. That's not a good system to have in place.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

James Comey?

www.politico.com...

www.latimes.com...

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. I just don't think it's a good thing for Presidents to have the understanding that well whatever my IC heads do, I can't oppose them because it could cost me.

Presidents don't have to agree with their IC heads, nor follow advice...

But demanding loyalty from Directors and threatening them? Or calling the CIA idiots on Twitter etc?

Good luck with that..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Babelfish?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Hey Buzzy...where did you learn to speak Trump? Is there an online translator you can link me to?...it would help me greatly..
Oh, just from Twitter. I'm a quick study.
Fake President! Overrated! Bad (sick) guy!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Are you suggesting the CIA or FBI would do something to damage the President over something so petty? These are the people you say are national heroes?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You are buying the idea that Comey did something wrong? I was miffed with him before the election, but I got over it.

Trump thought Comey was great at first - and then Comey was honest about Trump, too.

The ONLY THING Trump cares about is that Comey didn't cover Trump's ass. And what about Sessions? Recused himself, and then just did it anyway.
I'm proud of Comey, and he will go down in history as one of the best FBI directors to ever have held office in this so-called "democracy."

PRESIDENTS ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW. It's time to PROVE THAT, once and for all. Throw the bloody book at the troll. Get him out of the public eye. He's got an IQ of about 60, and has Asperger's to boot.

new topics

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join