It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What North Koreans Think Of America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Maybe they all live underground? That would explain why it's dark at night on satellite map.

That's the kind of incisive analyses we have grown to expect on ATS.

It was sarcasm. Relax.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Maybe they all live underground? That would explain why it's dark at night on satellite map.

That's the kind of incisive analyses we have grown to expect on ATS.

It was sarcasm. Relax.

Nevertheless, it's the kind of conclusion I have grown to expect on ATS. From chemtrails to fake moon landings, from the flat earth to aliens, one ought never to be surprised at what ATS can come up with as serious conclusions. It's difficult to detect sarcasm in the midst of all that unless you know the person posting.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You need to read the post I was replying to but I get your point. Besides ATS is a consipracy theory site. So of course we expect those kinds of threads and posts.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That's quite probably the case.

Little to no news gets out, and the news that does most times has, shall we say, dubious provenience.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But we have North Koreans who escaped. Do they know the whole story? Tell the whole story?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Fascinating. Everyone should give this video a watch.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Everyone should watch VICE videos too.
The Tea Girl waving at the end just breaks my heart every time:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Hmmmm have your ever read the book World War Z? It's a book about the Zombie Apocalypse and there was this part where the North Koreans went underground to seal themselves of from the chaos.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Hmmmm have your ever read the book World War Z? It's a book about the Zombie Apocalypse and there was this part where the North Koreans went underground to seal themselves of from the chaos.

Hey that sounds like a good book to read. Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Hmmmm have your ever read the book World War Z? It's a book about the Zombie Apocalypse and there was this part where the North Koreans went underground to seal themselves off from the chaos.

There we go! Thanks for the affirmation!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ofnoaccount
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Interesting video. It is too bad that the government itself is involved in mass lying and brain-washing of people. There is no honor in that.

This happens in other places as well all the time. For example I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness, in the United States, and teachers, and classmates alike would pick on me for things they were taught about us, usually from their religious clergy, or I don't know, just people lying.

Over the course of several decades I've heard so many lies about us, I just am used to it now. Some of it is really ridiculous though, like we have secret meetings in basements where people are brain-washed. Are not allowed to drink alcohol, have parties, watch movies, drink caffeine, get medical care, don't believe in Jesus, are a dangerous cult, hate other people, have a made-up Bible, should be banned because of the stance on war.

The list is so long. What is interesting is that some of the most staunch haters of us, when they actually get the information competely change, and many even become Jehovah's Witnesses.

I remember one day at school, I was around 13 at the time, the last year of Junior High, and this really tall (compared to me member of the crips came up to me surrounded by his click. Grabbed my shirt and said to everyone, 'hey guys guess what I saw this twat going door to door talking about Jehovah and asking for money.'

He let me go and they were all laughing, one girl dropped to the floor and started laughing hysterically. I looked to him and said, "do you know who Jehovah is?" He replied, 'yeah, you're Jehovah. You Jehovah.' So I pulled my Bible out of my backpack opened to Psalm 83:18, and in front of everyone there gathered around, and a couple of teachers were watching too. One, my math teacher had chided me a couple of weeks earlier for not pledging allegiance to the flag and for being a Jehovah's Witness. Took me in front of the class and made fun of me for about 5 or 10 minutes. It seemed like longer. For not celebrating Christmas, claiming we didn't believe in Jesus, and other ridiculous things. And after they had all laughed at me, and the teacher had her fun mocking me, had me sit down. And I read it to him. And they all kinda got quiet..."That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth."

I said, 'I'm not Jehovah, but I'm a Jehovah's Witness. You see Jehovah is God's name. And we are called Jehovah's Witnesses because Jehovah said he would have witnesses for his name to the people,' and I read Isaiah 43:10, 11. The bell rang (meaning there was 5 minutes to get to class) and everyone kinda sauntered off.

That afternoon on the school-bus the gang member (his name was Chris) sat next to me and said, "hey where's your brother? He embarrassed me today in front of everyone, when I find him I'm gonna beat his ***).' (I have a twin brother, and they always get us confused.

I said, 'hey Chris, that was me.' Apologized if I offended or embarrased him. Said I was just trying to let him know who Jehovah was. He looked down at me and said, 'you're not afraid of me?' 'No,' I replied. 'Hey, you know what man, you're cool.' He said, and started to ask me a lot of questions. Over the next couple of years he started to study the Bible with me, and afterwards always stood up for me in front of everyone who tried to belittle me for my faith.

Interestingly enough another kid was listening, who was a die-hard Catholic and believed in the Trinity. And he had been taught that we didn't believe in Jesus and had our own made-up Bible. And he told me he was going to bring his King James Version of the Bible and show me how wrong we were. I was happy. He brought it, and I showed him Jehovah's name in the KJV, and then shared with him how the publishers of the Bible had removed Jehovah's name and replaced it with the titles LORD and GOD, and whenever you find them in all caps like that they were really replacing the tetragramaton, or YHVH, or JHVH (Jehovah) with words that were titles and that was really a bad translation. And explained why they remove God's name, so that their false Trinity doctrine would be accepted, because when people realize that God has a real name, and it isn't Jesus, well...I shared with him from his own Bible that Jesus is God's son and not God, and that Jehovah is God and the Father of Jesus and they are two separate person's and that Jehovah created Jesus as the first work of his and only direct creation, he thus being the "only-begotten' of Jehovah, as Jehovah used his son, Jesus to create all other things.

He became a Jehovah's Witness. Another friend of mine at school became one as well because of what he was shown at Isaiah 43:10, 11 that Jehovah would call a people by his name, and they would be his witnesses. He said there was no way that a false god would have the power to create a people and name them thousands of years ago.

Year's later I was at an assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses with my wife when I heard someone call my name. And turned and it was a Russian classmate of mine that was there during that time. I hadn't seen him in maybe 20 years. I was surprised to see him there. He asked about my twin, introduced me to his wife, and I introduced him to mine. And I never knew he was interested in the truth. But he told me that the talks we would have at lunch (he would sit at the same lunch table with us and play chess with us) we had these talks with my other friend, they left a very deep impression on him. And after he graduated he looked out Jehovah's Witnesses and asked for a study and became one soon after. He said it was because of our fine conduct, and because of the logic and the power with which we shared our knowledge with people.

He said, 'in Russia we hated you people, because there were so many lies spread by the government about you. We really thought you were a cult, and brain-washed people. But now I know the truth.' And we hugged, and he said, 'today you are my brother!'

I have many many many other stories like this, personally. Even still every day it seems God uses me to help open the eyes of another person who either never heard of Jehovah, or has only heard half-truths and lies about us.

And I reason with them...why do your religious leaders have to lie about us? Isn't that what the Devil does? Does God need to lie? Rather, we tell the truth and they know we do. And since they don't have the truth they HAVE to lie to mislead the people. And that makes them, just like the religious leaders in Jesus' day, sons of the Devil.

Instead of believing everything you hear, it is always good to go to the person/s themselves to find out whether or not what is being said about them is true or not. Even Jesus didn't respond to all the falsehoods and lies told about him. But he said, "wisdom is proved righteous by its works." He let his conduct and what he did prove whether what the liars said about him was so or not.

That's all well and good. Though, I've got a lot of family members who've worked in hospitals. They all have at least one story of a Jehovah's witness refusing treatment for a sick or dying child because 'if they'rr meant to live god will make it happen'. I just can't get behind a religion that would condone allowing a child to die because it's 'God's Will'.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
It could also be argued that we know nothing about North Korea, too.
Couldn't it?

I mean we get most of our info on them from the media and governments that have lied to us for decades.

I'm not gonna claim it's a hidden utopia, but I don't think it's the detestable dystopia it's made out to be either.

There are a lot of N Korean defectors, and the story they tell is not pretty. Now, they are defectors, so they don't have the best opinions of N Korea, but if it was such a great place, shouldn't N Korea be showcasing it to give themselves a better reputation? I know there are a lot of America haters on ATS, but I highly doubt they would rather live in N Korea than the USA.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Who knows?

I certainly don't. How do you confirm anything coming out of the Hermit Kingdom??

I'll grant you, many of the stories hang together very well. So, likely, there is more than a little truth to 'em... But independent verification is tough.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I heard that a lot of those "defectors" are actually South Koreans trying to sway opinion.

But your point is valid, I'd rather live in The States.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Who knows?

I certainly don't. How do you confirm anything coming out of the Hermit Kingdom??

I'll grant you, many of the stories hang together very well. So, likely, there is more than a little truth to 'em... But independent verification is tough.

That makes a good conspiracy theory actually.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: trisvonbis

Two things stand out

1. It's in english, why?

2. Why would eating cats (what one entry says about bush) be a bad thing in a country where they supposedly eat cats?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
...You mean when they're not forced to chant "death to America!", what do they think about America behind closed doors? Good question!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: trisvonbis

Two things stand out

1. It's in english, why?

2. Why would eating cats (what one entry says about bush) be a bad thing in a country where they supposedly eat cats?

Except it's because they are basically starving to death, the only overweight one in the whole community Betty is the leader, hell even their military looks emaciated and they get more food than the civ population

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
It could also be argued that we know nothing about North Korea, too.
Couldn't it?

I mean we get most of our info on them from the media and governments that have lied to us for decades.

I'm not gonna claim it's a hidden utopia, but I don't think it's the detestable dystopia it's made out to be either.

Aside from the death camps, lack of food in the stores, deifying the leader, and if you don't you could be executed, rationing of food, control of all media including internet which the population isn't allowed to have....etc etc

There are numerous documentaries and hidden cams showing all of this.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The point was that being called a cat eater would only be offensive to someone from a country where it isn't a custom. It makes the blog sound fake regardless of who gets what to eat in NK.
edit on 10-5-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join