It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's lack of class

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Listen VERY closely:
Taxes are written into the Constitution. The government has the right to tax the populace as per the Constitution. You can be against taxes all day, but it certainly isn't a libertarian position. It's a crazy position.

Oh really?
www.lp.org...

Thus we think that government forcing people to pay taxes is inherently wrong.

Libertarians advocate for voluntary exchange, where people are free to make their own choices about what to do with their lives, their time, their bodies, their livelihood, and their dollars.

If Americans want to give money to the government for one reason or another, they should be free to do so. If Americans prefer to spend their money on other things, then they should be free to do that also.

That's from their official party website and platform. I'm not sure what orifice you pulled your assessment that opposing taxation isn't a Libertarian position from, but you might want to change your course before you crash and burn on this one.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

To be fair I've actively petitioned against the Mud Pit. I think it flies in the face of everything ATS stands for. But it is what it is and management has made it abundantly clear that it's not going to change.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wow that is sad that libertarians have forgotten that even classic Liberals like Thomas Jefferson supports taxes. And this is why I don't call myself that anymore. You might as well just call yourselves anarchists. Because that is what you want.

Well in any case, I adhere to the Constitution and until you change the Constitution then you Libertarians are up #'s creek. Taxes are fair game.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Irishhaf

After 8 years most of my family feels like they are just waking up from 8 years of being roofied..

Sorry to hear that. The last 4 years of O's admin. I made enough to retire at 50.

It pays to pay attention...sorry you missed it.

Yep, invest heavy when the market is in the toilet, then when a republican gets in office and the market explodes, you make money. Good on you.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
this is about to get good. Ima grab some popcorn.

Can I join?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

After 8 years most of my family feels like they are just waking up from 8 years of being roofied..

Sorry to hear that. The last 4 years of O's admin. I made enough to retire at 50.

It pays to pay attention...sorry you missed it.

A huge portion of the problem was his ACA... which said my parents health care was not good enough so it disappeared... then they said oh you make to much in retirement so your health care cost is going up.. then my mother got ill.

My sisters health care provided by her job... again ACA said this is not good enough... it goes away and gets replaced by an inferior plan that cost twice as much... oh and she makes to much so no assistance for a single mother of 2. Her youngest has to go in and out of the hospital through no fault of her own after a guy we thought was friend gets handsy with her and she has a list of issues she is working through right now because of it.

For the ACA farce alone I hope the guy rots in the 7th layer of H#$$ when he dies... this is just two examples in 1 family, god alone knows how many others ran into similar problems.

I am honestly glad it worked for you... but many people lost jobs from his attack on the coal/oil industry, other lost health coverage that would have been useful when things went sideways... he compromised when he should not have... and what is worse he did not need to.

Not to mention (this is my much more selfish reason for disliking him) his having them kick the can down the road with interest rates... shady as F*&^... Cost a lot of people that had already set money aside to take it in the keester without lube.

ETA: just to be clear me and my father have done everything we can to cover my sisters bills as she handles the hospital even with thousands of dollars in assistance from us she is bankrupt ... so yea I cant stand the previous guy.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
OH woe is ATS the front page is dominated with alt-right lunacy every day - and there's a core group of 4-5 people that circle-jerk comment on every one. Lets all get back to reptilians - at least it was not (quite) as predictable.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wow that is sad that libertarians have forgotten that even classic Liberals like Thomas Jefferson supports taxes. And this is why I don't call myself that anymore. You might as well just call yourselves anarchists. Because that is what you want.

1. I'm not a libertarian. I'm registered GOP in the state of Alaska so I can vote in the GOP primaries, but if they ever open the primaries, I'll return to the Alaska Independence Party. I'm not an anarchist. I understand taxes being taken to fund a very discrete list of services. That said, I am 100% opposed to tax dollars being used for anything beyond the essential government functions. That means I am against tax payer funded welfare programs, redistributive policy, and the like. Roads, police, education, etc I am OK with... although I support elimination of all unions in the public sector as their presence is anathema to value and very much a conflict of interest.

2. Of course people within the government support taxes, including the SCOTUS... those taxes pay their bills, fund their programs to repay their Kept Voters, and artifically create reasons for their existence and emplyment in the government.

3. Most taxes fall under a single umbrella of defense by the tax takers: the so-called mythical "Social Contract." Libertarians don't believe such a contract exists nor do they apply any legal binding to it. If you don't believe in the social contract, you simply have no reason to support taxation. (this is a topic I wholeheartedly agree with the Libertarians on. I think the social contract concept is horsecrap and serves only to limit freedom and create false "equalities" that punish the successful while babying the failures.)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I would bet on him being the U.N. General Secretary. Being an ineffectual puppet of the real powers has proven to suit him well and he ticks the diversity box as well.

link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
a reply to: smurfy

No one claimed Bush was a genius....but he had manners....

Can't say that much for Obama....He is an disrespectful idiot....

I can't think of when G.W. was mannerly, I can think of when he was disrespecful though....that was most of the time, like the time he did his made up skit on WMD'S over din dins after the thousands of American troops and Iraqis died..are still dying, a right old bastard he turned out to be.

link   

originally posted by: Speedtek
OH woe is ATS the front page is dominated with alt-right lunacy every day - and there's a core group of 4-5 people that circle-jerk comment on every one. Lets all get back to reptilians - at least it was not (quite) as predictable.

Said the guy who has made 3 threads in his ATS career.

Hint, a wise man once said, "be the change you want to see".
edit on 9-5-2017 by network dude because: beer

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I can't think of when G.W. was mannerly, I can think of when he was disrespecful though....that was most of the time, like the time he did his made up skit on WMD'S over din dins after the thousands of American troops and Iraqis died..are still dying, a right old bastard he turned out to be.

Did he open his pie hole about how much Obama sucked when he left office? nope. Hence the thread point.
(I kept it basic to have wiggle room)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

If their old plans got replaced that means the didnt meat the minimum required services to be provided. That means they were literally junk plans that would have screwed your family in times of need.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek

Said the guy who has made 3 threads in his ATS career.

Hint, a wise man once said, "be the change you want to see".

Indeed. So. Be the change you want to see.

As long as we're signing up, I choose team Speedtek.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Did he open his pie hole about how much Obama sucked when he left office? nope. Hence the thread point.
(I kept it basic to have wiggle room)

I guess I missed it but I don't see in the article where Obama said that Trump sucks? All I saw was that Obama was worried about ACA and the people under it.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
We all think that bitter classless fiend, Obama, is a classy guy! Because sanity.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

you feelin all beat up now?

yeah?
Obama and his family were the epitome of class.
Your commentary, on the other hand? Your commentary: A truly ugly, ill-informed, desperate, bitter, and flailing sort of thing.

You've had months now, dude. Get with the program. Your guy got team captain, and now it turns out he sucks.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

yawn.

that all you got?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

...and what exactly was it that Obama taught him in one day??? Seriously?

Especially since in 8 years he hadn't figured it out... Obama teaching? Phhhttt.

(post by Tekaran removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join