It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's lack of class

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Bush Jr. was a Presient. Anything he said would be instant news. He kept his mouth shut out of respect. It's actually one of his better qualities.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Or it could just be MSM has an agenda and currently that agenda is anything that is negative against Trump...Maybe that's why they continue to bring up Obama....They are soo stupid they can't even see that it is exactly the person who they keep mentioning who brought about this change...Obama is the reason people voted for Trump...

Dems are just so out of touch they can't even see they are the ones who need a change...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: GuidedKill

Before he ran for office what kind of pull did Trump have? At least the same Obama has now if not less. That didn't stop the media from regularly asking about and publishing his political views. Why? Because he was a relevant individual of notoriety. Those facts alone are reason enough for most people to care regardless of the fact that he didn't really have an ability to effect change.

One YUGGEEE difference....Trump was starting his new job where his opinions were going to eventually effect policy...Obama was just fired from his job and literally has ZERO chance of making policy but yet still talks about the good ole says when he was employed and what he would have done if he still had the job...

I think I'll voice my complaints and listen to the current employee. Not some scorned ex employee who hangs around out back of the building and is in danger of being served a trespass warning for loitering.

Wrong. The media has been publishing Trump's political opinions since the 90's. This wasn't the first time he considered running for President either. But even just recently he was at the forefront of the birther movement, and this was before he announced his candidacy for Presidency too. Try again.

Wrong how??

So Trump isn't president??

Obama is still the President and is making policy??

Oh wait....this is the fantasy Dems are still stuck in....my bad. You almost even had me seeing an alternate reality.

I'm saying it is wrong that the media started picking up Trump's political opinions right before he accepted the job of the Presidency or as he was running for the job. It predated April 2015. Maybe if you took time out to read and understand my words instead of rushing to being a sarcastic ass you'd have understood that without me having to explain it to you. It's pretty clear in my wording.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Exactly. And Obama still equals ratings. By the time Bush left everyone was fed up with him and nobody really cared what he had to say. Clinton left in disgrace and I'm sure he was more than happy to have the spotlight off of him. Daddy Bush only served one term so who cares what he had to say. Reagan was already feeling the effects of his disease by the time he left office so keeping him off television was for the best.

Face it. Obama is the first president in a while who still remains relevant after his turn in office. He still means money for the networks. So they're going to try to do everything they can to get him to open up about the current political landscape. You may think it classless but I bet if any of the last few presidents left on such good terms they to would have been more than happy to express their views on the new administration.

Sure, but he's only relevant to those who still can stomach his face. Believe it or not, lots of folks feel the same about him that you described the others. (almost half of the voting public I believe)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Before he ran for office what kind of pull did Trump have? At least the same Obama has now if not less. That didn't stop the media from regularly asking about and publishing his political views. Why? Because he was a relevant individual of notoriety. Those facts alone are reason enough for most people to care regardless of the fact that he didn't really have an ability to effect change.

One YUGGEEE difference....Trump was starting his new job where his opinions were going to eventually effect policy...Obama was just fired from his job and literally has ZERO chance of making policy but yet still talks about the good ole says when he was employed and what he would have done if he still had the job...

I think I'll voice my complaints and listen to the current employee. Not some scorned ex employee who hangs around out back of the building and is in danger of being served a trespass warning for loitering.

Wrong. The media has been publishing Trump's political opinions since the 90's. This wasn't the first time he considered running for President either. But even just recently he was at the forefront of the birther movement, and this was before he announced his candidacy for Presidency too. Try again.

Wrong how??

So Trump isn't president??

Obama is still the President and is making policy??

Oh wait....this is the fantasy Dems are still stuck in....my bad. You almost even had me seeing an alternate reality.

I'm saying it is wrong that the media started picking up Trump's political opinions right before he accepted the job of the Presidency or as he was running for the job. It predated April 2015. Maybe if you took time out to read and understand my words instead of rushing to being a sarcastic ass you'd have understood that without me having to explain it to you. It's pretty clear in my wording.

You mean when the media laughed at the sheer mentioning of Trump being president?? Remember it was a huge joke that Trump would be president, no one was taking his political opinions seriously....

Come to think of it that's exactly how we should be looking at Obama's opinions now. As one big joke...a bunch of words with no real meaning or ability to effect any change...Basically like Trump before he actually got the GOP nomination....We can just mention him between stories and laugh at what he says...You know like a clown or comedian..

edit on 9-5-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
He's preparing the way for his wife to run for president in I would guess 8 years time.

It will happen. Clinton is done. A female black president is pretty much a good bet.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
He's preparing the way for his wife to run for president in I would guess 8 years time.

It will happen. Clinton is done. A female black president is pretty much a good bet.

What they are hoping is for some good ole white guilt and feminism to make Michelle president....

Black Female is the only two things that make her qualified in the Left's eyes....Sad that's the best quality they can run on...Aunt Tom...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It would be a JOY if that is how you behaved instead of whining about everything Obama says instead.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It would be a JOY if that is how you behaved instead of whining about everything Obama says instead.

Actually I thought it was more of a joke when Obama was in office....Kind of like our enemies thought Obama was a joke....

Better to laugh than cry I always say....

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I feel Obama left with plenty of class even after he left office people are still calling him crazy things bush never endured despite chenny profiting immensely from a war in the middle east....Thats a whole other issue though.. Anyways Obama is just like any reasonable concerned citizen about the actions and comments our president made. And he gave him 100 to prove himself the

one thing I can say trump has done well is lock up a bunch of pedophiles which gives me hope that he can do at least that for the country... Of course while fattening the wallets of his friends as is the nature of that position because you dont get there By accident

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You realize you just hired a failed business con artist to run your country with the only credentials being that he was born rich... You so realize she does have 2 ivy league school degrees I mean what you got against that do you even know what it takes to do that??? So just leave your racist little sentiments at the door because we the people just dropped the bar to the floor

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DMAC32

You realize you just hired a failed business con artist to run your country with the only credentials being that he was born rich... You so realize she does have 2 ivy league school degrees I mean what you got against that do you even know what it takes to do that??? So just leave your racist little sentiments at the door because we the people just dropped the bar to the floor

Ah, the "if you don't like Michelle, you must be racists" card.

Well played sir. Never saw it coming.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

He left office with over a 50% approval rating. That's pretty good in this day and age when it's pretty much assured that one half of the country will hate you just because you have a D or an R next to your name. On top of that he had a higher approval rating than any of the candidates.

Obama has come out of his time in office fairing much better than probably any president going back to at least the 50s. That alone is a major accomplishment.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Why should this bother you?

He's free to be as politically active as he wishes.

The guy you need to be worrying about is the guy currently in the WH.

If we are talking lack of class. The current PotUS wouldn't even shake hands with Merkle when they were surrounded by the press. What's up with that?

I'm aware that they did shake hands. Just not for the photo op.
edit on 9-5-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Obama has come out of his time in office fairing much better than probably any president going back to at least the 50s. That alone is a major accomplishment.

Yup, to only have half of the country think you are an idiot is quite the accomplishment.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think I will go to the OFA site, (Obama's Formidable Army) and try to become a paid producer for that NGO...
so as to supplement my retirement income ~ & not because I secretly support BHO or his agendas....

OFA will be needing at least a few senior citizens in his retinue...to give an appearance of acceptance/appeal to a broad spectrum of followers from all walks-of-life

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Why should this bother you?

He's free to be as politically active as he wishes.

The guy you need to be worrying about is the guy currently in the WH.

If we are talking lack of class. The current PotUS wouldn't even shake hands with Merkle when they were surrounded by the press. What's up with that?

Again, this isn't about your friend Donald, it's about how Obama didn't have as much class as Bush Jr. did when leaving office. It's in the OP. If you really want to start a discussion about how much you don't like Donald Trump, you can start a thread of your own.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

I think I will go to the OFA site, (Obama's Formidable Army) and try to become a paid producer for that NGO...
so as to supplement my retirement income ~ & not because I secretly support BHO or his agendas....

OFA will be needing at least a few senior citizens in his retinue...to give an appearance of acceptance/appeal to a broad spectrum of followers from all walks-of-life

so like a prostitute without the sex obligation? interesting.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

To be fair it was closer to 60%. And less than 40% disapproved.

In comparison, Bush left office with about half that.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

To be fair it was closer to 60%. And less than 40% disapproved.

In comparison, Bush left office with about half that.

yes, but he left well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join