It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's lack of class

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
On the day of the final votes, we heard then President Obama say this:

"The presidency and the vice presidency is bigger than any of us," Obama said in the Rose Garden of the White House, flanked by Vice President Biden. “We are all rooting for his success in uniting and leading the country.” Obama's remarks came less than half an hour after Hillary Clinton's public concession speech in New York, in which she called on the nation to approach Trump's administration with an "open mind." Obama congratulated Clinton on her campaign, calling her a role model to daughters across the country and predicting she and former President Bill Clinton will continue to do "great work." The president added that he was heartened by Trump’s remarks early Wednesday morning, in which he called for the country to come together. Obama and Trump are set to meet at the White House on Thursday. "It is no secret that the president-elect and I have some pretty significant differences,” Obama said. But he reminded Americans that the same was true about him and then-President George W. Bush in 2008, and he praised the previous administration for making that transition a smooth one.

thehill.com...

But, after Trumps firs 100 days, things seem to have changed with Obama's attitude.

After dropping out of sight for a pair of glamorous island getaways, Obama is emerging for a series of paid and unpaid speeches, drawing sharp contrasts with Trump even as he avoids saying the new president's name. He's wielding his influence overseas, offering his support for some of the international political candidates who are clamoring for his endorsement. His aides are engaging in real-time political combat with Trump, including revealing Monday that Obama personally warned his successor against tapping embattled Michael Flynn as his national security adviser.

hosted.ap.org...

and now we have the Organization For Action

After a long period of withdrawal from the public eye, Organizing for Action, the political group that grew out of Barack Obama's first presidential campaign, is ramping back up for the Trump era with a focus on defending the Affordable Care Act and training grassroots organizers, officials tell NBC News. Had Hillary Clinton won the presidency, OFA was likely headed for a wind-down. But with Trump in the White House, the relaunched OFA will claim a spot in the increasingly crowded marketplace of groups looking to fight the new president's agenda. OFA has hired 14 field organizers in states home to key senators as part of its campaign to defend Obama's signature healthcare law. To run that campaign, the group hired Saumya Narechania -- the former national field director at Enroll America, which worked to sign people up for Obamacare -- and a deputy campaign manager.

www.nbcnews.com...

So the peaceful transition of power and "We are all rooting for you" was just lip service. It's what he was supposed to say at the time. Like a good little puppet.

The big question is, how far will this go and how far will the Democrats go to sabotage the presidency? We keep hearing how Washington is now us vs them. The Republicans blocked everything Obama tried, so now the Dems are going to do the same with Trump. And with the previous president driving the bus, who knows how far they will go and based on the underhanded tactics revealed with the Russian hacking, I think there is a fairly good indication that rules and laws are just a speed bump for this crowd.

Think back, If GWB had done this to Obama..........but no, at least he had class when he left.

+27 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Obama has as much class as a taco fart in an elevator filled with nuns.

+7 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
His time is up. He can now sit down and shut up. We voted in Trump to undo the damage that Obama had done. Obama is now just a regular citizen and should have absolutely no say in if Obamacare comes or goes.

Hmmmm, what was it the democrats were saying? Oh yeah, bye bye, bye!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
As if this very attack was done with style or class... It was not.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
phfffft!

He's inherently classy because He masquerades as a "Black Man".

+19 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Obama's lack of class? HAHAHAHAHAHA! How this phrase can even be uttered in the age of Donald Trump is beyond me.

+7 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Maybe, but George Bush (love or hate him) set the bar pretty high for how an ex-president should act. Obama should have enough class to follow his lead and show the current president the same respect that was shown to him. Even while Obama used Bush as his whipping post for 8 years.
edit on 9-5-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

HAHAHAHAHA Good job defending the idiocy in this thread! Donald Trump takes the taco in the lack of class department. To even TRY to drag Obama's name through the mud here is just ridiculous. Obama took time out of his day to teach Trump how to President and Trump repaid him by accusing him (without ANY evidence whatsoever) of wiretapping him during the election.

You guys are being delusional here and have zero room to talk about who has class and who doesn't.

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Obama's lack of class? HAHAHAHAHAHA! How this phrase can even be uttered in the age of Donald Trump is beyond me.

Seems to me people just need something to whine about. Trump, a man with very little class himself, won the election so they have to continue to bitch and moan about Obama or Hillary.

It's hard to change one's way when they have become obsessive.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
To the conservatives credit, I recall the bulk of them had either entirely turned on Bush by the time his tenure ended, or they at least had a sense of shame about him and seemed to prefer not to even talk about him anymore.

This shameless act Obama and His undying minion brigade have been doing, as if He shouldn't have 100% of the disgrace Bush too deserved, is highly troubling about the sanity of our society.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

And Obama just got outclassed by Bush! Damn, now that's bad.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This shameless act Obama and His undying minion brigade have been doing, as if He shouldn't have 100% of the disgrace Bush too deserved, is highly troubling about the sanity of our society.

What, exactly, have Obama and his minions been doing?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHA Good job defending the idiocy in this thread! Donald Trump takes the taco in the lack of class department. To even TRY to drag Obama's name through the mud here is just ridiculous. Obama took time out of his day to teach Trump how to President and Trump repaid him by accusing him (without ANY evidence whatsoever) of wiretapping him during the election.

You guys are being delusional here and have zero room to talk about who has class and who doesn't.

Where did I defend anything specific in this thread? Where did I say Trump has more class then Obama? All I said was that Obama should show the same respect that was shown to him. Bush took time out of his day to show Obama how to president too and Obama continued to blame him for everything over his entire presidency. Where is the class in that respect?

I think ex-presidents should just keep their mouths shut. Retire, go make money doing whatever, write a book, but for god sake stay out of the current presidents crap it makes you look like a whiny bitc*. People were begging George Bush to respond to Obama's attacks and he refused to do it. That's classy.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Seems to me people just need something to whine about. Trump, a man with very little class himself, won the election so they have to continue to bitch and moan about Obama or Hillary.

It's hard to change one's way when they have become obsessive.

You think the Bush bashing ended the day he left office? Hell no, I should know I was one of the ringleaders while being every bit as much anti-Obama already then (because He was but an extension of Bush).

Your deflective logic is silly, as its not like the Trump conservatives have much to whine about as of yet. It's the liberal hordes that have proven to be the biggest sore loser whiney cry babies in US history (which if I were you I'd be so embarrassed by it I'd part way with the Democrat's over it its such a disgrace), with Obama effectively ringleading the charge no less.

And it all stems from this Ultimate Shameless Warrior wrastling routine you guys have been running amok with.

Obama is an even bigger disgrace than Bush ever was, before even counting in this metric here, and you have the mindlessness to trump it up as whining?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Trump is classless too.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Obama DID show Trump respect. Did you not hear about how Obama took time out of his day (for four hours!) after they met in the WH to show Trump how the transition process worked? Trump was WOWed by the whole thing. To pretend like Obama didn't try to extend an olive branch to idiot Trump is history revisionism.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think the OP laid it out pretty well. From reading the OP I believe he is talking about the class in leaving the office not occupying the office.. This is a post about how Obama is acting now that he has no power and is a private citizen. Mr. Bush showed how a class act keeps their mouth shut and lets the current administration run their own show....

I believe what the OP is pointing out is how Obama and his crew and even his supporters can't just shut the hell up and leave the job with a little dignity. Mr. Obama said he was going to leave quietly like Mr. Bush did however that has not been the case. He has already made more statements in the first 100 days of President Trumps administration then Bush did about Obama in the entire 8 years he was in office..

Obama is acting like a petulant child. Like a woman scorned. Like a #ty renter who got evicted for not paying his bills but because of his self entitlement syndrome they tear out the electrical and break all the windows. You know basically a dead beat....basically what he has always been.....

edit on 9-5-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yes. Because a classless private citizen is SOOOO much worse than a classless President. You people are unbelievably hypocritical...
edit on 9-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

As did Bush to Obama, Clinton to Bush, Bush to Clinton etc, etc, etc. The point is he should keep out of affairs all together now just like Bush did for him. Even after being begged to comment on Obama blaming him or comment on Obama policies, the man stayed out of it. All presidents should do the same.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You think the Bush bashing ended the day he left office? Hell no, I should know I was one of the ringleaders while being every bit as much anti-Obama already then (because He was but an extension of Bush).

I did not say anything about Bush. But I understand your point. Yes, people bashed Bush even after he left office and I didn't agree with it. Now people are bitching about Obama or Hillary. I don't agree with that either.

Like I said, some people are naturally whiny and like to complain. They need something to bitch about. Apparently you are one of those people, considering what you posted.

Your deflective logic is silly, as its not like the Trump conservatives have much to whine about as of yet.

Was it not you that brought up Bush in response to my post? I did not mention Bush, so it would seem you brought the deflection.

It's the liberal hordes that have proven to be the biggest sore loser whiney cry babies in US history (which if I were you I'd be so embarrassed by it I'd part way with the Democrat's over it its such a disgrace), with Obama effectively ringleading the charge no less.

See. Bitch and moan about liberals...democrats, etc. Don't know why I would be embarrassed. I'm not a liberal and I'm not a Democrat.

And it all stems from this Ultimate Shameless Warrior wrastling routine you guys have been running amok with.

That doesn't make sense, but ok. We're used to that by now, as we are used to you lumping people together.

Obama is an even bigger disgrace than Bush ever was, before even counting in this metric here, and you have the mindlessness to trump it up as whining?

Ya, people are whining. Obama goes back doing what he was doing before he entered office, a community organizer, and you guys are bitching and complaining.

As I said, obsessive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join