It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another murder with a tie to social media.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

A Temple man was charged Monday with first-degree murder in the shooting of two brothers at a Muhlenberg Township home. Mario Morancy, 26, of the 4800 block of Kutztown Road, shot Justin Montpeirous to death following an argument Sunday at a house at 1024 Jean Ave., and wounded Montpeirous' brother, Jeremy, who ran into a neighboring home to hide, according to documents filed at District Judge Dean Patton's office. Morancy shot the pair after he was beaten by several men and the assault was posted on Snapchat, Muhlenberg Township police said.

This happened about a mile from my home. My two children both have friends that live in the block in which the shooting occurred. According to the people that live on the block, those involved are rappers and the argument originally was over 'Beat Time' or studio time that one rapper claimed to deserve over others.
After the one saw that the brothers had posted his beating on Snapchat, he was enraged over the disrespect shown to him.

Morancy also was charged with third-degree murder, criminal homicide, two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of aggravated assault, burglary and criminal trespass. He was arraigned Monday before Patton, who ordered that he be held in Berks County Prison without bond.

Morancy shot the pair around 4:45 p.m. after he was beaten in the basement of the Jean Avenue house and the video of the assault was posted on Snapchat, police said.

He retrieved a shotgun from his SUV and shot Justin Montpeirous on the lawn of a house across the street at 1025 Jean Ave., police said. Morancy followed Jeremy into that house and shot him as he hid in a closet, according to court papers.

Morancy told police he shot the pair in a fit of rage and blacked out during the shooting. After the shooting, Morancy drove off and called Berks County 9-1-1 from his home to surrender. Authorities arrested him without incident at his home, according to Berks County District Attorney John T. Adams.

A township police officer administered CPR to Justin Montpeirous until an ambulance arrived, He died in the emergency room of Reading Hospital, according to court papers.

Jeremy Montpeirous was admitted to the hospital's intensive-care unit after surgery, according to police.

Reading Eagle

It is a shame that people have to resort to violence over singing.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm guessing this is in the United States based on the use of the 911 system. Of course this is pretty petty and I hate that the fellow lost his life, and I feel sorry for the guy who watched his brother die. To reiterate, the two brothers beat a guy over studio time and then posted that beating on facebook. The victim came back with a gun and shot them both, injuring one and killing the other brother.

So much stupid here and maybe it's a bit to soon to make this point, but if the guy was carrying his weapon with him during the beating he could have shot and killed both of them and there would be litttle cause to shame him. The teaching moment here is, never be without your firearm.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
posted that beating on facebook.

Snapchat. Not Facebook.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I'm guessing this is in the United States based on the use of the 911 system. Of course this is pretty petty and I hate that the fellow lost his life, and I feel sorry for the guy who watched his brother die. To reiterate, the two brothers beat a guy over studio time and then posted that beating on facebook. The victim came back with a gun and shot them both, injuring one and killing the other brother.

So much stupid here and maybe it's a bit to soon to make this point, but if the guy was carrying his weapon with him during the beating he could have shot and killed both of them and there would be litttle cause to shame him. The teaching moment here is, never be without your firearm.

Yes, it is in the US, Eastern Pennsylvania to be more precise.
His pride was hurt when many of his friends saw him being beaten by a pair of teenagers, and pride is a strong force.
It is all very petty, and I am guessing that he might come to realize this some time, if he lives long enough.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Won't be long before lawyers are able to argue it's the social media's fault for not having their own policing.

I'm dead serious and not trying to make a joke, we will have social media police, internet video cops, it's needed now as the amount of data and leads from online will quickly limit the normal functionality of a regular police officer.

These types of crime need to be dealt with and publicly because that's the only way it will be stamped out. People are only doing this because of the " fame " they can get from the whole issue.

I honestly think a new law needs to be enacted, that basically makes those who watch, guilty of watching without rendering assistance via verbal pleas of help, and should be fined accordingly.

Jail time if they are watching and someone dies while they watched and could have brought the issue to authorities.

With the ushering in of Augmented reality, this issue will only get worse, people will form cyber gangs and if you think it's bad now, wait till they have to do something on a " live stream " to be inducted into the gang or even rank up.

It's one thing to get pissed off and have a loss of emotional control and hurt someone, it's not right but it happens, but to record it or live stream such an action, is to be premeditated and sick.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Who cares? People get murdered every day. This isn't even a good one because there was no hooker and nobody lost an eye.

There are 30,000 murders each year. There are only 365 days per year. You know what they say if it bleeds it leads. People love to slow down and rubber neck a car accident.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Who cares?

Aren't you that person that accused me of having no morals in another thread?

To answer your question, I am guessing that the parents of the dead and wounded care. I suppose that the neighbors care that a murder occurred in their neighborhood.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
sounds like they deserved it

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

There are 30,000 murders each year.

I had to check.
According to the FBI,

Among some of the other statistics contained in Crime in the United States, 2015: The estimated number of murders in the nation was 15,696.

And just for S and G,

There are only 365 days per year.

For the Gregorian calendar the average length of the calendar year (the mean year) across the complete leap cycle of 400 years is 365.2425 days.

Source

Nit picking?
Yes.
But I seem to have no morals.

edit on b000000312017-05-09T09:14:37-05:0009America/ChicagoTue, 09 May 2017 09:14:37 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
sounds like they deserved it

I guess he will have a chance to argue that to the jury, but I wouldn't bet on an acquittal.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Morancy told police he shot the pair in a fit of rage and blacked out during the shooting. After the shooting, Morancy drove off and called Berks County 9-1-1 from his home to surrender.

Not much of a blackout it he remembers a short time later and calls in to police. I don't think that's going to get him far as a defense.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Morancy told police he shot the pair in a fit of rage and blacked out during the shooting. After the shooting, Morancy drove off and called Berks County 9-1-1 from his home to surrender.

Not much of a blackout it he remembers a short time later and calls in to police. I don't think that's going to get him far as a defense.

Yes, he should have called his lawyer before he called the police.... or at least used his 5th Amendment rights.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Who cares?

Aren't you that person that accused me of having no morals in another thread?

To answer your question, I am guessing that the parents of the dead and wounded care. I suppose that the neighbors care that a murder occurred in their neighborhood.

Yes, you have no morals.

I guess I just get sick and tired of sensationalizing murder for profit. My point had nothing to do with the parents you are referring to.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yes, you have no morals.

Wow.
You are a diehard.
You don't know me, but you double down on your statement that I have no morals.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I had to check.
According to the FBI,

Among some of the other statistics contained in Crime in the United States, 2015: The estimated number of murders in the nation was 15,696.

Not defending 'who cares' but FBI statistics are misleading, understating the actual number of murders because they don't include untried or unconvicted cases, law enforcement, or murders committed overseas by US military. And thats like this whole other can of murderworms.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I had to check.
According to the FBI,

Not defending 'who cares' but FBI statistics are misleading, understating the actual number of murders because they don't include untried or unconvicted cases, law enforcement, or murders committed overseas by US military. And thats like this whole other can of murderworms.

You have a valid point.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: intrptr

I had to check.
According to the FBI,

You have a valid point.

So do you. 'Murder Rap' is a coined term. They have and will continue to emulate their gangsta-thug mentors, Tupac, Biggy Smalls, east vs. west coast gang rivalry... etc.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The UCR takes its data from arrests and determinations made by law enforcement (ie when police determine a homicide has occurred). So no, the UCR doesn't make a special determination or category for untried or unconvicted cases, because it doesn't discount those cases. If a murder is reported, it gets counted regardless of whether the trial returns a conviction or not.

It also doesn't count justifiable homicide by law enforcement or anybody else but does count unlawful killings in the murder statistics.

To best depict total crime and to provide the most meaningful data to police administrators, the UCR Program collects data on known offenses and persons arrested by law enforcement agencies. The UCR Program does not record or collect statistics on the findings of a court, coroner, jury, or the decision of a prosecutor.

Justifiable homicide—Certain willful killings must be reported as justifiable or excusable. In the UCR Program, justifiable homicide is defined as and limited to: The killing of a felon by a peace officer in the line of duty. The killing of a felon, during the commission of a felony, by a private citizen. Because these killings are determined through law enforcement investigation to be justifiable, they are tabulated separately from murder and nonnegligent manslaughter.

The UCR isn't perfect, but it's not attempting to downplay the number of murders that occur. If what you said were true, the numbers would be all over the map due to how long homicide investigations can take and, more commonly, capital case trials and LWOP trials can take. The UCR doesn't count a murder that occurred in 2007 as having occurred in 2010 because somebody finally got convicted for it.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Honor has been restored, and three idiots removed from society. This entire story actually has not bothered me. Interesting. If they are rapping and fighting, then they were also likely in the drug trade. People should do some more nice country tunes. As a guy who grew up on pac, wu-tang, biggy, bone thugs and NWA, I can honestly say I am done with this consumer brainwashing crime idolizing garbage.

Now some whole Christian rap, or country I can approve of. Or metal, or orchestra. Just no more brainwashing. It is so old.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

They don't say "pride goeth before the fall" for nothing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join