It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufos, Aliens, Space Conspiracies, etc VS "The Firmament" and not getting beyond low earth orbit.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badams
a reply to: Geki09

I don't believe in any divine entity. And no it doesn't, really. Science simply adapts and advances and changes its understanding of the results it produces.

By "adapts", you mean by conveniently changes their story when it suits them? Sure.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JerseyGuy

If you MUST believe, believe only your own experiences, but even those should be questioned. I find it best to not believe, rather to hold my belief systems to supposition. To me it seems that ''belief'' is a cage, a prison that turns a person into it's slave. Not believing allows one to peruse and consider a much wider spectrum of information.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Charlyboy

I wholeheartedly agree, people are passionate about what they believe in. And yes, be it religeous, political or any form of ideation, any believe system can end badly if taken too seriously, I just see throughout history religeon has been used alot as reasoning for mass attrocities. Not just in modern history, but going back into antiquity. I'm not saying there hasn't been other reasons political etc, it just seems to dominate.

I however arm not inflexible when it comes to my personal beliefs, I just need to have more than blind faith to sway me toward something. I work in the design and medical profession, and science has and always will serve me more than religeon. However, I, do wait with anticipation to find out what happens when I pass away. However, not even science can answer that question yet!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
You should put the photo's back in your ATS files 'coz they ain't in that link there.
Im interested to see them

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Perhaps this whole flat earth, dome, firmament agenda is being promoted as disinformation.

Maybe nasa and other space agencies are hiding something and being selective about the information they release to the public, but what they are hiding isn't a dome or flat earth it's more likely they are either hiding evidence of extraterrestrials or a covert secret space program or both.

There are many researchers who have pointed fingers at NASA for hiding evidence of extraterrestrials and clendestine operations.
Along comes a sudden spike of interest and promotion of the flat earth to save the day. Flat earthers aggressively attack nasa as hoaxing everything involving space then anyone who questions NASA for hiding say ufo pictures or et artifacts get strawmaned with the FE crowd and end up looking foolish.

This is one likely way in which I see the FE being aggressively promoted as disinformation.
I also have my suspicion that it is some sort of test of social engineering to see If groups of people can be made to believe something despite all the evidence to the contrary.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

It's hardly convenient for science to change its theories. People dedicate their whole lives to proving and disproving theories. Be them theoretical or standing. Not all scientists believe the same things.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Geki09

originally posted by: Akragon

the whole firmament thing angered me because it would suggest that all these years of reading were a waste. I just wanted some feedback on the possibility of the firmament and see if anyone shared my dilemmas

Thing is... it shouldn't be a dilemma in the first place

That idea came from people who had no idea what was above their heads

people need to realize that we know more about the planet, and space... the solar system... pretty much everything as compared to people of biblical times

But i know... its "gods word" right?

Let it go... seriously

A lot of the bible is flat out wrong... There is no firmament

People didn't know what was over their heads? Seriously? Do you even know your history of ancient cultures? Tell that to the megalithic culture architects and their synchronous design with heavenly bodies.

yeah actually i do...

Like i said, they had no idea what was above their heads

The Orion Connection

Creating structures that emulate the stars doesn't equate to knowing they're light from stars

And yet you trivialize their accomplishments and achievements in your previous statement. Give ancient culture more credit like you did in your Orion thread.

The problem isn't necessarily with science. They don't need to be mutually exclusive with faith and spirituality. They can coexist. The problem stems from the handlers who weaponize it against the populace to their own ends.

You see the world's governments found out an old secret. Now they don't want to let you in on it until they can fully exploit it. They also don't want to let you know they are not fully in control. This day and age they want you to pray to the "church of goverment" and worship money and tyrants. The firmament is undeniable proof of God/superior intelligence.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Badams

Well no matter what you believe in I can guarantee you that both you and I will have the answer to that question one day

One thing we all have in common.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The firmament is undeniable proof of God/superior intelligence.

No... its not

its undeniable proof the ancient people didn't know what they were talking about.

Similar to a good portion of the OT and its many fables

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: Akragon
You should put the photo's back in your ATS files 'coz they ain't in that link there.
Im interested to see them

tragically, my account at the imageshack was lost when they transitioned to a pay only site...

Sorry... i liked that thread

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I wasn't born until 1967 however I've learned ad nauseam about the "space race" with the USSR. They were the first in space, we were the first to the moon. If they knew that we were lying, then why wouldn't they have embarrassed us on the world stage?

God's messengers? I don't know if you are joking or not.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
In the face of FLAT EARTH, it would appear there's no doubt UFO aliens visit here!

Easy answer, to you OP: Both are diversionary disinfo melodramas both most likely put out by TPTB. All the NO DOUBT ABOUT IT REAL stuff out there, that you might have an actual chance of doing something about it, why the hell would they want free thinker types out there actually focusing in on their shenanigans?!?!?!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
wonder what they found in antarctica?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
three words

separation from god

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

That image reminds me of a snow globe.
The world is just one big submerged snow globe...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
wonder what they found in antarctica?

The entrance to the round but hollow earth?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

you just spawned the army of science priest who will now torture you to death spanish inquisition style

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

What is the appeal of believing Man is so limited in his ability to achieve?

It soothes the pain of the believer's own failure to achieve anything.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: SolAquarius

you just spawned the army of science priest who will now torture you to death spanish inquisition style

Oh don't you worry I will be fine.

I just made a blood offering to the thetans of Schrodinger, Carl Sagan, and Faraday on an alter I made from lab equipment and science books.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You can prove it yourself --- Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join