It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with Isaac Newton's work on Hermetic principles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have been searching for the past hour and I cant seem to find his work on hermetic principles.

I have recently started my journey in the Hermetic principles and am very lost on how to begin with what seems to be an infinite source of information.

For me Newton was "one" of the greatest mind to have ever lived and I thought maybe reading what he had to say about it all might help me or point me in a direction. I feel there is a thousand doors infront of me and am not sure which one to open first.

Thank you if you can provide me with what I seek.

I posted on this forums since I am confident that those who dwell around here have the information I am looking for.

Does not have to be English, Latin is also ok.
edit on 72017Mondaypm531Mon, 08 May 2017 19:33:58 -0500America/Chicagov33 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 72017Mondaypm531Mon, 08 May 2017 19:34:22 -0500America/Chicagov34 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 72017Mondaypm531Mon, 08 May 2017 19:36:22 -0500America/Chicagov36 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Keynes Manuscript 27 in the Cambridge library is the best place to start. The linked site also has many more Keynes manuscripts that can be viewed.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll be very impressed if you understand any of it

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you, I was hoping a Franc Maçon would show up to guide me the right way.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

No problem, that is the manuscript where the well known lapis philosophorum image is taken from.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

there's this quite recent
en.wikipedia.org...

and some newton stuff
www.newtonproject.ox.ac.uk...

he was only an apprentice in alchemy
better off going straight to Basil or Johanne Tholde
Ripley, Charnock etc if that's where your heading

edit on 8-5-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

I was under the impression that he was well advanced into the magnum opus. Thank you for letting me know.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What ia the oldest source material known containing the information in the Kybalion?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
What ia the oldest source material known containing the information in the Kybalion?

John Crapper invented the toilet?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

I dont understand your logic or humour

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Honestly the Keynes manuscript is probably the worst place you could start. There’s almost zero point in studying the ancient manuscripts until you’ve attained a degree of mastery and understanding already. If you’re brave and want a true system of initiation into the hermetic sciences, read Initiation Into Hermetics by Fran’s Barron. After you finish that, he has two other books on further knowledge and advanced teachings. However, most people on the internet will simply tell you that his teaching don’t work because they don’t understand them and are unable to make them work for them. You probably will not have much success with only Barron’s books unless you possess an exceptional innate aptitude for the Hermetic sciences. I HIGHLY recommend reading all of H.P. Blavatsky’s books as well. Her books (Isis Unveiled, The Secret Doctrine, and The Voice of the Silence are the three you really need to read, and in that order. The Secret Doctrine is the big one. It IS the true key to completely understanding and penetrating The Hermetic Sciences) are of exceptional quality and content. Yogi Ramacharaka also has two great books that could be of help, Raja Yoga and Advanced Course in Yogi Philosophy and Oriental Occultism. Don’t misunderstand this. The Hermetic Doctrine IS the secret occult teachings that have been taught all over the world since time immemorial. According to H.P. Blavatsky, India is the last country in the world that still has true Adepts still living today who possess the true secret keys and the complete system of knowledge. Freemasonry used to hold the keys, but the ancient initiates who founded it left and took the secrets with them when it became corrupt because they did not want the sacred power and knowledge to be abused. If these books are not enough, the Agatha Pradipika is another excellent book. Swami Vivekananda and Alice A. Bailey also have great books on the subject. You should also check out C.W. Leadbeater and Manly Palmer Hall. Also, if you’re interested in Medieval European Hermetics, Eliphas Levi and Paracelsus are your best bets. Europe never possessed nearly as great of Initiates as the Egyptians, the Chaldeans, and the ancient Yogis and Vedic peoples.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wow Spiritusautemlux you just blew my mind. Thank you

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiritusautemlux

Nice writeup!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
On the other hand, if you get tired of reading mouldy old tomes that do not speak to the modern condition of man and merely reflect the limited understanding and science of the times when they were written, you can find here a complete, mathematical exposition, totally original (never published elsewhere) of the "Ancient Wisdom" or "Perennial Philosophy" that connects with modern concepts. In fact, you can find there evidence for transcendental intelligence, provided you have the intelligence needed to grasp it.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I've been starting to read some hermetics, that and chaos magic are of interest to me right now and are easy to marry into science, Im just getting into Franz Bardon initiation into Hermetics it is easy to read and you can pick it up in free pdf. It comes in two parts, theory/practical with the practical in a step by step guide... I'm on the theory myself.
'when the student is ready, the teacher will appear'
Cheers
edit on 2-9-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I know you want to check out Newtons hermetic stuff

have you already read the Kybalion ?

also check out some John Dee and the Heirglyphic Monad

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

I've been starting to read some hermetics, that and chaos magic are of interest to me right now and are easy to marry into science, Im just getting into Franz Bardon initiation into Hermetics it is easy to read and you can pick it up in free pdf. It comes in two parts, theory/practical with the practical in a step by step guide... I'm on the theory myself.
'when the student is ready, the teacher will appear'
Cheers

the teacher only exists because of the student

the principle of polarity

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

The Emerald Tablets

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

top topics

join