It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Genes, Religous implications ?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think we have already discussed this madness. Animals are not naturally homosexual. Animals except for humans have sex to procreat. Anyone that says else has an agenda. If a male dog humps another male dog, it is a show of dominence. Oh and yes, homosexuality is a choice. When a man lies with another man, he made a concious choice to do so. He was not driven by an outside force to do so. Show me one documented case where a person has a good loving home with a caring loving father and mother where the father spends time with his son and the mother as well and they turn out gay. Something is missing in a homosexuals life. Do you think that when a young teenage boy feels homosexual feelings that he stays silent because of fears of ridicule alone? No, he feels inside that something is not right. I can only imagine the turmoil that goes on inside the mind of an adolescent homosexual. By the time adulthood hits he has fought himself so much that a large portion of the homosexual community commits suicide.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The idea of gay genes is quite proposterous if you ask me.

Granted science might be saying something else, I cant see how gay genes are even a possibility.

I thought that being gay came from having a messed up childhood and/or a parent that was distant and or did not provide enought love and guidance during crucial years.

Gay genes are just another concoction like every other disease that has been identified within the past 10 years.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Many of the answers on this tread are simply ridiculous. Yes some people have strange childhoods which might make them confused about their sexuality but I think the majority are born that way.

It's no different than being born a certain color or sex. There's no doubting if you are black or white at birth. The reason you can't know whether the baby is gay is because kids aren't sexual! You learn about the birds and the bees during adolescence. This is the moment when gay people realize that they have different sexual preferences.

It's no different than if your mom is 5'3" and your dad is 5'10" yet they have a boy who turns out to be 6'4" after puberty is all said and done. The natural reaction is "wow how did you get to be so tall when neither of your parents are??" Then your mother speaks up telling you that your great grandfather was 6'5". It's somewhere in the genetic lineage! The reason you can't do that with gays might be scientific or might be cultural. If your mother's father was 6'5" that may be well known. But that he was gay might not be. Afterall, we are living in a much more open society now and 100 yrs ago the vast majority of gays kept quiet.

There is no one "gay gene." Just like there is no one "cancer gene." Common sense tells you the human genome is more complex than that.

If you truely believe in God you should make the quatum leap and know that everything is natural because God is everything. How can it not be? God created and IS everything. Sure gays are a "minority" but that doesn't make it unnatural. Blacks are a minorty in the USA... so are they unnatural?

I'm shocked that so many people believe in such utter nonsense!

new topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join