It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists have no answers

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well TC I see the same type of fundamentalism in your words and messages as I see in those you accuse of religious fundamentalism.
The only difference is you use christianity as a weapon against them, you use their moral standard, a standard you dont apply to yourself as the benchmark.

You me randy, you are no hero, you are down here with us then, just on the other side, acting oh so self righteous, the pharisee of atheism.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Well TC I see the same type of fundamentalism in your words and messages as I see in those you accuse of religious fundamentalism.
The only difference is you use christianity as a weapon against them, you use their moral standard, a standard you dont apply to yourself as the benchmark.

You me randy, you are no hero, you are down here with us then, just on the other side, acting oh so self righteous, the pharisee of atheism.

where did i use the word fundamentalist in this thread? or in any other for that matter? i dont think i have ever used that label on these forums because i dont like that label. it has radical extremist connotations to it and i dont think anyone here is an actual fanatic. passion certainly but not mania. christianity is not the weapon. mankind is the weapon. the power to compel people to perceive or ignore, love or hate, kill or die. the willingness to exercise this power and how easily it turns good men cruel. i am not ashamed to admit that sort of character in humans unsettles me. not because i am righteous but because i see sometimes how blurred the line is between righteousness and narcissism. the belief that you know better and this gives you unquestionable authority or special consideration. sovereign power bothers me because of how often un righteous people have carried it with all the charisma and conviction of a saint. this thread however is about atheists having no answers. as far as i have observed both in this thread and outside of it, this claim is unfounded.
edit on 11-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

You dont need to use any words to be defined as something
fundamentalism
a form of a religion, especially Islam or Protestant Christianity, that upholds belief in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture.
"there was religious pluralism there at a time when the rest of Europe was torn by fundamentalism"

strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline.
plural noun: fundamentalisms
"free-market fundamentalism"

Your adherence to your beliefs or lack thereof is a fundamentalism, even worse it comes at a cost of rejecting those who dont agree with you

Now as for this thread and its claims, atheists dont have the answers I am looking for, evidently they have their own answers.
I just find it absurd that so many people cant accept other people have different opinions and move on
I dont think Randy has done anyone any favours by this thread, its just created disrespect

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I find it very amusing that everytime someone asks the OP what questions is he alluding to that atheists dont have the answer for are completely ignored.

Guess he and others already know said questions have nothing to do with atheism.

Coomba98
edit on 11-5-2017 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

You can call me delusional if it seems appropriate to you. In my personal and professional life I have never been called delusional.

Since you answered my questions by attacking me, let me ask you something else and see if you can be intellectually honest about it. Do you believe in Darwin's Theory of Evolution? Do you have any doubts about it? It is a theory, not a law, which means there is evidence tending to prove it, but there's no definitive proof that it is 100% accurate. To me there is evidence tending to prove the existence of a higher power and I trust that evidence. That evidence is personal to me.
Darwin is wrong, full stop!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: grainofsand

The old testament Christian god was a #ing monster.
But I'm sure Randy can explain how he/she/it had a good reason, although I'm still awaiting the explanation for horrific terminal childhood diseases though.

You fall in to the catogory of the billigerent atheist.

Hear it from a Professor

You think you can just tell me off
You are the one with delusions.

I know a few professors and I can tell you even they can be numpty and impractical!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

But I'm sure Randy can explain how he/she/it had a good reason, although I'm still awaiting the explanation for horrific terminal childhood diseases though.
You will be waiting forever because this is one of the key factors of why no God exists!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

You will be waiting forever because this is one of the key factors of why no God exists!

If you think the OT God is different from Jesus you are sadly mistaken
Jesus is returning and there is going to be some serious justice dispensed and he'll to pay

God created Eden, a paradise, sin brought in disease.
That's pretty obvious, but not to know it alls.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I say believe what you like but you have zero right or moral high ground to dismiss non believers as any thing other than that. To then take some invisible moral / religious high ground and demonise the person who does not believe simply makes you look ridiculous, especially to the non believers. Please, just forget we exist, follow your god, just leave the grandstanding on others out of it or do you believe you are more knowing than your god, surely not, that would make you a challenger to this god.

Spewing that we have no answers is simply childish and more childish that when people challenge you the reply is just as childish as the initial response.

You believe, good for you, I don't, just as good for me, I prefer not to believe what I see as stories with no proper foundation other than 'faith', I could be wrong, I could be right, I simply don't care...Life is test enough and for me its not a god given one.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Yeh but there is the problem, plenty of non believers spewing their venom as well

You don't believe, good for you, accept I do
We can get along if we respect, I don't see that here

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
How about we stick to the premise of the OP.

'Atheists have no answers'

What are the questions Theists say Atheists have no answers for?

Theists who ignore the premise of this thread only confirms their wrong in their assumption and that Atheists do have answers, hey randyvs, Padawan Raggedyman and the others Theists.

Talk about tap dancing!

Coomba98

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

If you think the OT God is different from Jesus you are sadly mistaken
Jesus is returning and there is going to be some serious justice dispensed and he'll to pay

God created Eden, a paradise, sin brought in disease.
That's pretty obvious, but not to know it alls.
Deluded!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
How about we stick to the premise of the OP.

'Atheists have no answers'

Theists who ignore the premise of this thread only confirms their wrong in their assumption and that Atheists do have answers, hey randyvs, Padawan Raggedyman and the others Theists.

Talk about tap dancing!

Coomba98

Oh cooms
I don't question your beliefs, that you have legitimate answers that confirm your beliefs,
feel free to believe what you want
Your comments only confirm you are a little queer

I don't question a atheists belief, I consider my a little out there logically

Don't be a clown

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Well one of us is, I hope it's me

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Unfortunately, the fruit of the Spirit is humility not arrogance Its a fine line, be careful

I know I fall way short everyday. But Hallelujah God is working on me!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

Do I need to list em all? I'd have to put it on every page.
Not do'n it ! Read the thread!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I know a few professors and I can tell you even they can be numpty and impractical!

All I see is you reposting Ravi Zacharias.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Raggedyman

Unfortunately, the fruit of the Spirit is humility not arrogance Its a fine line, be careful

I know I fall way short everyday. But Hallelujah God is working on me!

No, you have to.
Epistle of James

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I don't really see what everyone is still arguing about lol
Theists claim to have answers, I'm atheist and make no claims to have any answers, I don't even really give a toss about the apparent questions to be honest.

Rabid believers are hardly gonna change their stance, and so long as all claims of gods remain unverifiable neither are atheists.
Amusing thread though

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Godlike beings likely exist out there in the universe, humanity too could give birth to godlike beings if it survives long enough.

Such beings could create entire civilizations for amusement and have conscious humans as play things or pets, just as we do with sims.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join