It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Deliberately Getting AIDS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What makes me the angriest are the "doners". They have HIV and know what it's like. They should know better.

They really need to be bitchslapped.
Or worse... maybe legal action taken against them if it was possible.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This story is hardly new, given the Rolling Stone article was written two years ago. About.com offers this account and "The Gift" is a documentary about the phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This story is hardly new, given the Rolling Stone article was written two years ago. About.com offers this account and "The Gift" is a documentary about the phenomenon.

But it was on the news last night and the Rolling Stone story was the only source I could find on it. I think its very relevant for people to know this is going on out there especially for young people. It is described as a Gay phenomenon but it seems to me it could easily spread to the Hetro population since in their own words infecting new people is a thrill.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is exactly the problem that I highlighted in the story about a new type of STD. As AIDS has moved from a death sentence to one that is somewhat manageable with a drug cocktail, the imperative to use a condom esp. among those with frequent sex partners, has gone down entirely. And with all respect to everybody, no matter that the source posted is from an older article, the phenomenon is happing now and people should be aware of it.

Cool story Amuk

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
It is described as a Gay phenomenon but it seems to me it could easily spread to the Hetro population since in their own words infecting new people is a thrill.

Somehow, I really don't look for the seeking out of HIV partners to crossover into the hetero community. I could be wrong, but this is such an aberration that I just would be surprised if it did. However, those who are infected do develop dementia or become bitter and vindictive because of their infection and seek out partners to infect. A dentist was found guilty of infecting his patients and every now and again you hear of someone who is HIV positive of having unsafe sex with uninformed, uninfected partners.

Sex is dangerous business, and the bugs have mutated beyond the medical interventions that not so long ago, pretty much rendered STDs more of an inconvenience that anything else. Even though I have never married, I prefer long periods of abstinence between relationships to the alternatives. I find much more satisfaction in longer term committed relationships with someone I know well enough to trust and I hate condoms.

[edit on 05/2/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The simple fact is whether someone is activly "bugchasing" has hs sex with someone who has, is simply oblivous to the risk, or to reckless to care, is something you simply can not know during a one night stand. Considering that many homosexuals are ether in the closet or bisexual this problem affects us all. The thing people dont want to pay attention to is that when you have sex with someone you are also in effect having sex with every partner that person ever had. This is why I thnk the lie of "safer sex" is so dangerous. It is also why support abstinence programs. In the world we lve in sex is inherantly dangerous and getting more so every day. Thats why it is so important to teach chldren to wait for sex. In a post a while back marg6043 talked about how it was wrong that a 15 year old girl who wanted birth control couldn't get it without parental approval, and then mocked the idea that she shouldn't be having sex at all, however how many 15 year olds do you know who have the abillty or knowledge to really weigh the risks involved in sex?
Hell how many 20 year olds do you know with the maturity to weigh the risks?
Considering the chances of condom failure, the number of STD that condoms wont protect you from, and the fact that you never know if your sport #ing partner is or has been with someone like this how can we possiblly accept safer sex currculum as a way of educating our children and keepng them safe?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Everyone has AIDS!
AIDS AIDS AIDS!
AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS!
Everyone has AIDS!

And so this is the end of our story
And everyone is dead from AIDS
It took from me my best friend
My only true pal
My only bright star (he died of AIDS)

Well I'm gonna march on Washington
Lead the fight and charge the brigades
There's a hero inside of all of us
I'll make them see everyone has AIDS

My father (AIDS!)
My sister (AIDS!)
My uncle and my cousin and her best friend (AIDS AIDS AIDS!)
The gays and the straights
And the white and the spades

Everyone has AIDS!
My grandma and my dog 'ol blue (AIDS AIDS AIDS)
The pope has got it and so do you (AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS)
C'mon everybody we got quilting to do (AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS)
We gotta break down these barricades, everyone has
AIDS!

[edit on 4-2-2005 by John Nada]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join