It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Moon stop moving during Full Solar Eclipse?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Is that Moon in front of Earth photo from DSCOVR, then? I have never seen one before.

All this science stuff and hard sums has made my brain hurt.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: FlatEarthVegan

The Moon appearing to stop is due to the speed of the objects relative to each other ie the Sun, Moon & Earth that's what causes it.

As for how objects look in picture that depends a lot on focal length the format of the film used or now the size of the digital sensor and the distance of the objects from each other.

Here is a quick example.

So what do you think moved the Statue or the church

I've always liked this example as well. The cans have not been moved relative to each other. Only the camera has moved, and focal lengths changed:

Source: thebasicsofphotography.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Spoke with a colleague this week who believes that you can only get a full solar eclipse if the moon is full. If the moon is only 50% full on that day, you can only get a 50% solar eclipse.

I don't think that's true, but what's the best way to dispute his belief, the next time I bump into Mike. He rode 700 miles with a tour-group to see the August eclipse, and fancies himself as an eclipse expert now. :-)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Spoke with a colleague this week who believes that you can only get a full solar eclipse if the moon is full.

Think about that for a second.
Have you ever watched a full Moon rise? Where was the Sun when that happened?

Actually, a second is too long to have to think about it.
edit on 9/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
despite the fact that the OP has managed to get itself banned from ATS

lets return to the core of the OP delusion :

" the moon stops during an eclipse "

now lets think about this - an endeavour the OP and others seem to have forsaken

the eclipse is only visible from a narrow ribbon of the earths surface - but aproxamatly 40 percent of the globe can still see the sun and moon above them [ with no eclipse ]

and neither stop or even appear to stop at any point

so think about this - how does an object stop for only a fraction of the people observing it ?????

that is all - the utter insanity of the OP broken down

i will end with " discuss " - just for the hilarity of any attempted counter argument

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
the moon is traveling around 2,288 miles per hour as it revolves around the earth.
the earth is traveling around 70,000 mph as it travels around the sun.
the sun is traveling around 450,000 mph as it travels around the center of the galaxy.

if the moon just ceased movement for even a few minutes, it would probably be gone forever???

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeirdScience
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
I asked you if there was any scientific literature that discusses the fact that the moon appears to stand still for two minutes.

It doesn't appear to stand still. It appears to move even during totality, as can be seen by comparing images from the start of totality to images near the end of totality.
h.dropcanvas.com...
edit on 28-9-2017 by SpaceXIsReal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join