It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Gas Stations.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
When I buy gas, and I'v been doing so in South Carolina, I just want to buy gas. Really it's very simple, I give you money, you give me gas. Not a foreign concept. Really, I promise !

I don't want to give you my Social media passwords, I don't want puppies, or a carwash, or Girl Scout cookies. I don't want to give to womans breast cancer, or a coupon for picnic supplies. I do not want tickets to a Las Vegas show, or to press one for English. I don't want lottery tickets or to listen to blaring elevator music. I just want to buy gas..... you know, like GAS, auto fuel.

Is that too much to ask ? 'cause I want to know.... enquiring minds want to know, and likely ever other poor sot behind me in line. Here's how I expect it to work..... I leave my house, get on the road, stop at the station, put in my Chase Bank card into the slot, enter my pin, select the grade and pump............................................................oh but HELL NO, they won't have any part of that.

Here's where the Golden Rule applies, I have the gold to spend how I want. You piss me off, I will Never use you again. And that is despite loyal patronage for 11 years........ Again ..... hell no !

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I kind of feel you on this.

I have a corporate fuel card for work. Some gas stations don't accept it. Some don't let me pay/ pump if I'm not a rewards member or whatever. Some want my zip code and will not accept it = card rejected.

I can only visit a limited number of gas stations who will let me gas up.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's South Carolina...

That's well below the no shoe wearing line.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

get one of them fancy electric cars.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
...and why do they break off the little lever that lets the gas run without holding the handle?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
It's South Carolina...

That's well below the no shoe wearing line. But above the no shirt line (fla). In SC Lots of stations have BBQ at or next to them.+ Always liked the pump and pay which if you are using cash saves you a trip inside the station. Fewer of those stations now.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It then ask if you would like a receipt and you press yes. However it is out of paper and you have to go inside to get the receipt. I just walk to the front of the line and get it. Not waiting in line, that is why I paid at the pump. Like they try to figure out more ways to pizz you off.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Agreed.
I even have it happen at the grocery store.
If you want to put a donation box at the cash register, feel free, but why do you have to have the cashier impose on the customers.... "Do you want to donate a dollar to (insert favored charity here)?

I do donate to charity. Sometimes I get tired of being asked to donate when I am trying to just get butter and eggs on a Saturday morning.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: alsee
...and why do they break off the little lever that lets the gas run without holding the handle?

no problem, just take your gas cap and wedge it in there to keep the handle depressed and the gas flowing.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Advertising is completely out of control. I hate it when I'm pumping gas and they have the screens with ads running.

The prompts irritate the crap out of me too. I want to put my card in, pop in my zip code or PIN and start pumping.

Wondering what the next advertising annoyance will be.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

........Ok.... I'm ok now..

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I live in SC. I just put my CC in and go. Never had this problem.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I can identify with this Rant and I'm near Austin TX and this applies to HEB stations among others. I'm retired so I seldom have to be somewhere in a hurry. I just go in pay cash and pump and go back and get my change. If the pump starts in I just start pushing no for a dozen times or so and ignore it. At least here the levers lock to pump but in some places the fire department has convinced the authorities to order them removed or disabled due to fire hazards. Once in a while I still see the idiot with the pump in hand and a smoke in his mouth filling her up. It's time to leave then. My best,

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: alsee

Because the settings on the pumps. the customer was getting a penny or two more gas and oh no we cant have that can we?

I live in SC. I was born here. SC sucks.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Wow I hope your reality is not my future for the semi rural SW England coast!
I pump the fuel and pay cash with only the basic pleasantries of human interaction.
I can even use a place where the old guy pumps it for me and only takes cash lol

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Agreed.
I even have it happen at the grocery store.
If you want to put a donation box at the cash register, feel free, but why do you have to have the cashier impose on the customers.... "Do you want to donate a dollar to (insert favored charity here)?

I do donate to charity. Sometimes I get tired of being asked to donate when I am trying to just get butter and eggs on a Saturday morning.

Oh my god!! That's one that really grinds my gears. It is so passive aggressive ..

I have actually had a few cashiers give "the look" to the shopper behind me when I decline..

Look, I have done a lot of community service in my life. Most of it not court ordered..(I kid).

They say "would you like to donate to our local X."

But they mean is"give me your money or you will validate my preexisting notion that you are indeed an uncaring self centered piece of walking sentient trash."

I feel like saying "hey, you pretentious master of doosh
baggery, I donated three
bags of cans to the local food drive last week. I came in for some lunch meat and bread..I'm not exactly living the high life myself..how about you take your sneer and pucker up buttercup..how much blood did you donate last year,and what percentage of this five bucks you are guilt tripping me into giving actually makes it to the needy.."

GRAahhhhgg!!!

/composes himself..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I hate gas stations. I wish I had my own little well where I could get my gas from. I got hacked a few months ago for $400

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LaWnOrDeR92

Call me daft but how do you get hacked at a gas station?

new topics

top topics

join