It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tries to save his failed legacy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: network dude

If left alone, the ACA was failing and destined to implode.

Can you please elaborate on why it is/was failing and is destined to implode?

Sure.

Humana's exit from 2018 Obamacare market sets states and insurers scrambling

"It is in a death spiral."

www.cnbc.com...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Indigo5

Obama tries to save his failed legacy

How has his legacy failed?

Seems to me the GOP have failed to repair, repeal or replace Obamacare...

Nor have they proposed anything that anyone on either side of the aisle can defend as an improvement?

Pres. Obama has repeatedly said if the GOP can come up with something better he will support it?

As it stands, they can't come up with anything the public or their fellow conservatives support?

Hell the Senate GOP said they were scrapping the entire bill the house theatrically passed and starting over.

If left alone it would be doing much better than it is now. The GOP have legislatively attacked and bled the bill since the day it was passed.

If actually bi-partisanly tweaked and modified, as it was intended to be as a prototype, it would likely be a success.

I care not if something is called Trumpcare or Obamacare, whether the GOP take credit or not..

The fact remains that the ACA/Obamacare is still the first and best solution to a very real healthcare cost crisis in the United States.

If after 8 years the GOP can't even come up with a prototype that their own "repeal and replace!" party likes better than Obamacare...then that is testament to Obamacare..not a failure of it.

Listen carefully....By the time the Senate gets done with the "start-over" on the house "political theater" bill...
It will either fail immediately...Or it will look like Obamacare's twin sister only slightly modified in the ways that the GOP should have modified Obamacare to begin with.

Absent single payer, Obamacare v.2 (tweaked and improving the damage the GOP did to it) is as good as healthcare can be in this country.

They can call that Trumpcare if that works for them...It will be hilarious when reporters start to review the bill and find all the cut-and-paste from the ACA.

edit on 9-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

If left alone

Democrats would have been out of office in the very next elections. Democrats prevented the more expensive parts from taking effect in an effort to not lose elections. So let's not pretend like Republicans were the only ones who fought the ACA.

It was DOA, it just had some muscle spasms for a while.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If left alone

Democrats would have been out of office in the very next elections. Democrats prevented the more expensive parts from taking effect in an effort to not lose elections. So let's not pretend like Republicans were the only ones who fought the ACA.

Nope...Obamacare is indisputably "better" than what we had before..

Whether it is "best" is about to be discovered...The GOP can improve Obamacare, Come up with their own plan...whatever...

But all they have proposed is making the costs much WORSE while covering LESS...

Obamacare vs. Pre-Obamacare clear trends and projections.

And this is after 8 years of legal attacks and bleeding funding...

IF THE GOP CAN DO BETTER.....DO IT...

BUT...what they have proposed is a complete #-show...

Fingers crossed they get it right...

Cuz they OWN healthcare now...Unified Government...Healthcare is theirs.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Before all this Obamacare nonsense came about I didn't have insurance and it was $20 to go see the doc with no insurance. Afterwards I was paying for healthcare each month, and now because I had insurance it was $60 per visit...that was paid out of my pocket on top of the monthly fee for the privilege of paying $40 more to see the doc. On top of that I was never going to see a benefit from it unless I lost a limb or some other drastic event, otherwise everything was out of pocket, EVERYTHING.

Flash forward to today, and I'm lucky enough that my work covers the cost of healthcare at the tune of over $2K per month per employee, and while I now only pay $10 to go to the doc and $150 for emergency room (im thankful for that one, kids like to do stupid things), and I have a out of pocket cap of $5k for the family and $2.5k per person, it still doesn't really cover anything. So the company is paying in $24k a year per employee (roughly) and I'm paying when I go to the doc $10 + whatever I may need....where the hell is that $24k a year going? I'd rather have that in my pocket or invested into some kind of emergency fund that I could dip into when needed, and accrue interest when I don't.

Someone is making a ton of money off of this, and that is BS. They get $24k and I have to spend another $5k before they start paying out, thats $29K before they do anything. Yes yes, I realize that they pay for somethings like when I only pay $10 to the doc he is getting money from them as well. But out of the $24k, they are paying out under $1k a year for me. Guess I should start going to the doc everytime my nose runs.

I guess I typed out all that to say I agree its garbage.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The only people who think Obama's legacy is a failure, are Trump supporters, who are in an ever shrinking minority. No matter what happens, Obama and his supporters will ALWAYS be able to say, hey, at least Obama is not a traitor, as it becomes increasingly clear that Trump probably is. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

Worst. President. Ever.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If left alone

Nope...Obamacare is indisputably "better" than what we had before..

Whether it is "best" is about to be discovered...The GOP can improve Obamacare, Come up with their own plan...whatever...

But all they have proposed is making the costs much WORSE while covering LESS...

Obamacare vs. Pre-Obamacare clear trends and projections.

And this is after 8 years of legal attacks and bleeding funding...

IF THE GOP CAN DO BETTER.....DO IT...

BUT...what they have proposed is a complete #-show...

Fingers crossed they get it right...

Cuz they OWN healthcare now...Unified Government...Healthcare is theirs.

LOL....youre actually using CBO's projected numbers to make your statement? These wouldn't happen to be the same figures they made and numbers they used based on Super Economist Gruber would they? You know...the guy in the videos I posted....the one that talks about how he duped CBO into believing his forecast and they based their numbers on...

LOL! Oh this is priceless.....

Egg....meet face....

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Can you please elaborate on why it is/was failing and is destined to implode?

I'm not going to have to quote the whole internet for you am I?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

The only people who think Obama's legacy is a failure, are Trump supporters, who are in an ever shrinking minority. No matter what happens, Obama and his supporters will ALWAYS be able to say, hey, at least Obama is not a traitor, as it becomes increasingly clear that Trump probably is. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

Worst. President. Ever.

Guessing you don't keep up with the news much...No Russian connection can be found according to all intelligence agencies involved in the investigation....but don't let reality stop you from believing....Obama should just start a religion already....all you have to do is believe!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Did your health care cost go up? How about your taxes did they rise 22%? Has the ACA in fact effected you personally at all? Because it's had a very positive effect on me and my mother.

Yes, my cost more than doubled. You and your mother are welcome. Please be sure and thank all the middle class self employed folks who made your dreams possible.

I do thank them. I say thank you to you as well. You sound like you don't want to help pay for other peoples health care. I know lots of middle class people that don't mind doing it though. I think everyone should have a choice. If you don't want to help than you shouldn't be forced to do so but those who do wish to chip in should have that option. I have no idea how a healthcare plan that would accommodate both types would be set up though.

Your position is refreshing to hear and I am glad for you and your family. The issue is a bunch of people who were barely scraping buy were slammed out of being able to afford healthcare in their normal day to day needs. Instead of a small copay now they have to go thousands of dollars before the Insurance kicks in on top of paying way more for the insurance. On paper the promises looked good like when Daddy Bush said "read my lips no new taxes" looked until the truth sunk in a few months after that election. POTUS Obama said "you get to keep your Dr and Healthcare" and unless you were on Tri-care, like a bunch of my buddies who retired from the Military, you likely were getting the wrong end of this deal...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Apparently you don't actually listen to the news, huh? In reality, there's nothing BUT Russian connections to Trump, his associates/advisers/son-in-law. Think what you want, of course. I certainly couldn't care less. I wonder though, when Trump's behind bars as a traitor, will you still be sucking on him? If Hillary, or Obama had done even a shadow of the crap Trump's accused of, you, your militia buddies, and all the guys at your 'social club' would be going absolutely nuts. Your hatred of Hillary, and the 'lame liberals', has blinded you to Trump's anti-American, clearly unqualified occupation of the White House. His presidency is shameful for all American - even the 'poorly educated' who Trump has bamboozled.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Prove your point, Trump met with Russians today at the White House.

If you work hard and smart you just might be able to get an anti Russian president in 2020.
edit on 5/10/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

In reality, there's nothing BUT Russian connections to Trump...

Name one.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Vote Obama, because judging people by the color of their skin is the opposite of racism in modern America.

Finally, we live in a post-racial world where we are bringing back segregation and giving special privileges to the "colored people", because darnit, they aren't good enough to do it on their own.

We need to lower SAT requirements for minorities, because they are stupid!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Your statements are too general in nature..

ObamaCare is BETTER: For chronically ill individuals who did not have health insurance before the ACA.. and/or poorer Americans.

ObamaCare is WORSE: For Middle and Upper-Middle Income, non-sick individuals and families.

There are a host of other intangibles that only detailed polling could ascertain. Such as how many people lost their doctor, local hospital, and choice of health insurance options, over the past 4 years.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Apparently you don't actually listen to the news, huh? In reality, there's nothing BUT Russian connections to Trump, his associates/advisers/son-in-law. Think what you want, of course. I certainly couldn't care less. I wonder though, when Trump's behind bars as a traitor, will you still be sucking on him? If Hillary, or Obama had done even a shadow of the crap Trump's accused of, you, your militia buddies, and all the guys at your 'social club' would be going absolutely nuts. Your hatred of Hillary, and the 'lame liberals', has blinded you to Trump's anti-American, clearly unqualified occupation of the White House. His presidency is shameful for all American - even the 'poorly educated' who Trump has bamboozled.

Oh brother....so your argument is they know people in Russia...ok...cool. So did every other presidential administration since I was born. How do you suppose we are able to be diplomatic? Do they send telegrams or smoke signals?

Like I said....read up on the news...not a single intelligence agency that has investigated can find any collusion with Trump...they even said so under oath.

When Trump is behind bars I will come back and say I was wrong. Will you do the same when nothing happens and nothing is found? Or will you just move on to the next libtards excuse for whining and wanting your government handouts back?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Why try to save a failed coup of America? He almost destroyed our economy, they almost destroyed social intelligence, they wanted to cause a race war...all for their goal of a false Utopian progressive agenda where they ruled the livestock.

Here ya go!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join