It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tries to save his failed legacy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The more popular Obamacare becomes, the more of a political liability repealing it becomes. The Democrats already learned the hard way how doing things against popular will works out. If the Republicans were actually smart, they'd recognize the shifting wants of the electorate and FIX the ACA not utterly break it so they can say "I told you so" when it fails. It's not like they don't have the time to fix this bill or anything. All this time they are spending trying to repeal this bill (which we all know will 100% be in vain since the Republicans can't agree on anything) they could be fixing the bill to work better for everyone.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: network dude

So you are afraid to see what I am saying, Nice.
Why not prove to me that I'm wrong.

Not necessary. Your poor arguing and constant ad hominems prove you aren't worth the effort.

then why are you still here?

I dunno. Waiting for you to recognize that you don't have to insult everyone who disagrees with you and act a bit more mature to me, maybe. But that's probably a pipe dream right?

I treat others with the same respect they offer me. Perhaps you might want to go back and see some of the comments you have made in the past while you sit on that horse up high.

You first. I haven't actually directly insulted you once in the thread. Meanwhile you don't seem to be able to get past one post without insulting my intelligence.

not this one.

From here on out, I'll either ignore you, or be nice.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That isn't even in the same thread... You literally had to go pull up a different thread to try to justify you being an asshole to me in this thread? Talk about desperate.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Stage 1 of the ahca is fixing obamacare in several ways. Still many more fixes needed though. No need to change the name from aca to ahca.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Stage 1 of the ahca is fixing obamacare in several ways. Still many more fixes needed though. No need to change the name from aca to ahca.

How is removing the pre-existing condition clause "fixing"? That is one of the few parts of Obamacare that actually enjoys bi-partisan support and the Republicans are trying to remove it.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That isn't even in the same thread... You literally had to go pull up a different thread to try to justify you being an asshole to me in this thread? Talk about desperate.

I can remember longer than a few hours. If you keep this up, my one time deal to be nice to you or ignore you might just go away. But I'm glad my tone wasn't wasted. I do put some effort into conveying that.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I can remember longer than a few hours. If you keep this up, my one time deal to be nice to you or ignore you might just go away. But I'm glad my tone wasn't wasted. I do put some effort into conveying that.

So you admit to being petty and holding grudges? Good to know.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Are we seriously at the point in exchanges where we have to threaten to stop being nice to people because reasons?

Be nice. Don't be nice. Whatever.

Even my fourth grader has already grown out of that.

edit on 8-5-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Absolutely. In fact, I have a list. It's all the people who just piss me off.
Have a super day.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm just trying to make people happy here.
It's what I do.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Have a super day.

You confirming your pettiness has literally made my day. I can't believe someone on the internet takes things so seriously. Don't worry though. I still won't hold it against you and will continue to operate each thread like a brand new discussion like I always do.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes, but there are those of us who care more about whether it's a good deal for most of the country (speaking concerning federal-level stuff).

Popularity is the rally call of the ignorant and apathetic--there's a reason why the bandwagon logical fallacy is a thing. Popular or not, our legislators should be doing what's best for the nation as a whole--if they did that consistently (or at all), American's would catch on to what is a good and bad thing, even if it differs with their political ideology or what their best friend posted in a meme.

The Republicans didn't need to do anything in order to let the ACA fail--it was destined to do that by design (whether intentional or otherwise is up for debate). But, they certainly should not be doing what they're doing, that's for damn sure. It's just another doomed-to-fail legislation that will not last. Both sides are dicking around with our day-to-day lives to the toon of hundreds, if not thousands of our personal dollars.

The PPACA needs to be repealed, and power to govern health insurance and healthcare given back to the industry, or at worst, the states. The federal government cannot effectively, efficiently, or intelligently administer ANYTHING that affects 321-Million people.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sorry youre getting bad info. Last I checked, the pre-existing condition Clause was still in effect whether it be Obamacare or trumpcare.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Have a super day.

You confirming your pettiness has literally made my day. I can't believe someone on the internet takes things so seriously.

seriously, I don't. I enjoy poking those that so vehemently disagree with my ideals, and you seem to fit that category rather well. But as you seem to be in a fragile state, I will ignore you from here on out. You will never again wake up in cold sweats worrying about that mean old guy from Dunn. Rest easy, things will be brighter from here on out.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They are allowing states to opt out. You might as well just remove the clause or say its been removed because the high risk pools they set up to cover the opt out is going to fall VERY short of the needed money to cover them.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Yes, but there are those of us who care more about whether it's a good deal for most of the country (speaking concerning federal-level stuff).

Popularity is the rally call of the ignorant and apathetic--there's a reason why the bandwagon logical fallacy is a thing. Popular or not, our legislators should be doing what's best for the nation as a whole--if they did that consistently (or at all), American's would catch on to what is a good and bad thing, even if it differs with their political ideology or what their best friend posted in a meme.

So popularity was only important when the ACA was unpopular but now that it is swinging in the other direction its suddenly "the rally call of the ignorant and apathetic"?

The Republicans didn't need to do anything in order to let the ACA fail--it was destined to do that by design (whether intentional or otherwise is up for debate). But, they certainly should not be doing what they're doing, that's for damn sure. It's just another doomed-to-fail legislation that will not last. Both sides are dicking around with our day-to-day lives to the toon of hundreds, if not thousands of our personal dollars.

The reason the ACA was failing is because Republican states self-sabatoged teh bill and refused to expand Medicare. The states that have successfully implemented the ACA and expanded medicare all love the bill. This includes Republican states that have expanded it too.

The PPACA needs to be repealed, and power to govern health insurance and healthcare given back to the industry, or at worst, the states. The federal government cannot effectively, efficiently, or intelligently administer ANYTHING that affects 321-Million people.

If that happened, it would be a disaster FAR greater than anything we've seen before. No matter how much you hate the ACA, there is no going back to the days before it existed. The markets are too different now.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Have a super day.

You confirming your pettiness has literally made my day. I can't believe someone on the internet takes things so seriously.

seriously, I don't. I enjoy poking those that so vehemently disagree with my ideals, and you seem to fit that category rather well. But as you seem to be in a fragile state, I will ignore you from here on out. You will never again wake up in cold sweats worrying about that mean old guy from Dunn. Rest easy, things will be brighter from here on out.

Sure sure. That's why you defending being an asshole to me but quoting a post of mine from another thread, as well as spending many pages trying to defend your immaturity instead of talking about the thread topic. Also, if you think I'm triggered over your words then you are sorely mistaken. I just dismiss your points when you become hostile. But don't mistake me remarking on or talking about it as outrage. I grew out of getting upset over being called names in grade school.

At this point, I will bow out though and let you have the last word as I'm sure your immaturity demands. Adieu.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Obama tries to save his failed legacy

Obama's legacy was the election of Trump.

There is no coming back from that.

Ever day for the next four years constantly reminded of what a failure he was.

The orange guy with bad hair making the shots.

The icing on the cake House voted to repeal the ACA.

It don't get any better.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If every state was run 100% by democrats, the Affordable Care Act was still be unraveling.. Just the way it's designed.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Failed legacy? What are you smoking?
Obamacare’s popularity on the rise: Poll
Obamacare Popularity Continues to Rise
Obamacare's popularity has gone through the roof after Trump’s election
Obamacare popularity highest in nearly seven years as repeal talk mounts
Poll: ObamaCare reaches new popularity

I'll just leave this right here for everyone to remember how stupid they were for passing the bill.....
edit on 5/8/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join