It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tries to save his failed legacy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think it is, but that is not what was posted.

True. But what you are doing is splitting hairs on it for no reason. Whether you call him black or bi-racial the point was made that that was a historic occasion that goes to define his legacy. Splitting hairs over his skin color is missing the forest for the trees.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I was replying to another members post that was not true.
I did not attempt to "whittle" anything down.
I did not "play anything down so hard" either.

good day

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Ok. Still quite historical, considering our presidents have always been white males.

It is quite historical.

Indeed.

When people look back in the history books, it will be that achievement that will stick the most. The ACA is and will be a sidenote.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You're splitting hairs in an effort to make it less than what it is. Backtracking now doesn't change that.

Toodles.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

lol
now the truth here is "splitting hairs"

you people are a riot

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Backtracking now doesn't change that.

I did not. My post was factually correct.
Your post was not.

adios brah

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

lol

you people are a riot

Dude seriously... Are you deliberately being this obtuse? Because I know you can't be this stupid.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Because I know you can't be this stupid.

You have no Idea.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Backtracking now doesn't change that.

I did not. My post was factually correct.
Your post was not.

adios brah

Saying my post is not factually correct doesn't make it true brah. Point of fact, everything in my post is 100% correct.

First not totally white guy to be President? Factually a big deal, whether it triggers you or not.
It's a first? Fact, whether it triggers you or not.
First at the biggest job in the world? Fact, whether it triggers you or not.

The rest are my opinions, much as most of what you've said are your opinions. My opinions are no more factually correct or incorrect than anybody else's, including yours. Mine are just less triggered than yours.

Using phrases to indicate one is ceasing communication (such as "good day") but then continuing communication is a pretty poor attempt at "winning" a discussion? Fact, even when you continue to do it after attempting to dismiss the other guy's arguments as factually inaccurate when they're demonstrably true.

Cheers brah.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

lol

you people are a riot

Dude seriously... Are you deliberately being this obtuse? Because I know you can't be this stupid.

That obtuse?

That racist?

That upset that Obama wasn't actually the Antichrist and that some people will look favorably upon his term?

Take your pick.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Obama is gone.

It's the end of an Error.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Please be kind enough to post where I backtracked?
Please be kind enough to post where I added any opinion?

I did not
you did

There is no winning with facts

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well I didn't want to use the R word cause I had a feeling he may have been baiting that response with the way he was acting. So I just left it vague and let him fill in his own answers.

But regardless of the reasoning his point is just a silly semantics argument being used to obviously try to deflect from the valid point that Obama's legacy is partially defined by him being the first non-white President. Pointing out that he is really bi-racial doesn't magically make Obama's achievement there any less momentous.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yep ,check out the news, his mission has been successful.

He set out to, and succeeded at creating chaos by removing the ww2 era law against propagandizing the citizens.

He may have set in motion the end of the world really.

With the US being a example for other countries, he has made an instability that will echo across the globe.

No one can be informed and the corruption will multiply since the news is now overloaded and the energy won't be worth the trouble, which I suspect was the counter to the information age, short of ending the internet.

"Just make news obsolete noise, then we can do what we want."

The high health insurance rates scam is the least of our problems now.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I don't see how this is an effort to save his legacy. His legacy is not the ACA. His legacy is and will always be him becoming the first black president of the United States. No one can ever take that away from him and it will always be a part of our history as a nation.

Ya and he just screwed up any chances of an African American to be President for a long time imo

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You keep saying bye and keep talking to me. You must get all the ladies with mixed signals like that brah.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Pretty much, which is why it's going down the road it is. I'm not great fan of Barry, but it's always entertaining when some folks are so upset by him they have to go lengths such as these to try and detract from him. Personally I think he did and said enough silly things that we don't need to spend a whole lot of time debating about how black he is.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Failed legacy? What are you smoking?
Obamacare’s popularity on the rise: Poll
Obamacare Popularity Continues to Rise
Obamacare's popularity has gone through the roof after Trump’s election
Obamacare popularity highest in nearly seven years as repeal talk mounts
Poll: ObamaCare reaches new popularity

Ah, the oft-used, but never logical, bandwagon fallacy.

America is full of apathetic, ignorant people concerning things like the PPACA and other legislation. Just because it's popularity is on the rise doesn't prove anything, other than the collective memory of the American people is highly suspect.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Pretty much, which is why it's going down the road it is. I'm not great fan of Barry, but it's always entertaining when some folks are so upset by him they have to go lengths such as these to try and detract from him. Personally I think he did and said enough silly things that we don't need to spend a whole lot of time debating about how black he is.

What's funny is that people think I've become an Obama-drone just because I defend him so much from partisan hyperbole. If given the opportunity, I have plenty of complaints about Obama's Presidency and I've even stated before that if I were to grade him I'd give him a B- or a B. Not the cream of the crop, but also not the worst. Not even that bad to be honest.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join