It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tries to save his failed legacy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: network dude

8 years to make something great? Reminds me of another recent political party's efforts (or lack thereof) to get a working healthcare system in place.

But hey, Obama. Am I right?

The health care debate goes back much,much further.

Since the early 1930's until the later 1990's (for the most part) Democrats controlled both Houses and had plenty of presidents in Place as well.

Carter could have had this done in the 1970's but Kennedy (Democrat) turned on him.
Truman had control of both Houses, The Dems caved under pressure from AMA and Pharm
FDR etc etc.
LBJ Signed what today has become and bloated into Medicaid/Medicare

And let's not forget, the Democrats had no clue about what is commonly called "ObamaCare"...or AHCA

mg

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

His legacy is not the ACA. His legacy is and will always be him becoming the first black president of the United States.

That is not even true.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Really dont know how America can # up something as simple as healthcare.....every other developed country has maneged to provide healthcare and even some developing south American nations.......

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Between him Huma and the Muslim brotherhood and some others we will be finding out some very sinister stuff eventually. He supported Macron also and Mac says terrorist attacks are the new norm! Some connections seem to obvious even.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Healthcare is free in Russia. In the US the insurance companies have too much leverage. Healthcare and health insurance are completely different things.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Really dont know how America can # up something as simple as healthcare.....every other developed country has maneged to provide healthcare and even some developing south American nations.......

In a word... Lobbyists... we let them run rampant all over DC and by the time people got concerned the big companies owned congress.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

His legacy is not the ACA. His legacy is and will always be him becoming the first black president of the United States.

That is not even true.

Was he not the first black president? The ACA is only considered his "legacy" by those that wish to use it to bash him.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

First president with a black dad is more correct.

No one made him sign the aca, he could have not signed it.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you are afraid to see what I am saying, Nice.
Why not prove to me that I'm wrong.

Not necessary. Your poor arguing and constant ad hominems prove you aren't worth the effort.

then why are you still here?

I dunno. Waiting for you to recognize that you don't have to insult everyone who disagrees with you and act a bit more mature to me, maybe. But that's probably a pipe dream right?

I treat others with the same respect they offer me. Perhaps you might want to go back and see some of the comments you have made in the past while you sit on that horse up high.

You first. I haven't actually directly insulted you once in the thread. Meanwhile you don't seem to be able to get past one post without insulting my intelligence.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Ok. Still quite historical, considering our presidents have always been white males.

He signed many things during his presidency.

The focus on the ACA and saying it is his legacy came from the partisan Right that needed to find something to bash him over the head with. That is why it is only they who call it his "legacy".

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Being the first bi-racial president is also pretty momentous.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Regardless of how hard you try to whittle it down, being the first not-totally-white-dude President is kind of a big footnote in history. Everything else aside, it's still a first and a first at the biggest job in the world. The fact that you're attempting to play that down so hard is frankly both hysterical and pretty sad for you.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Easy. While Republicans are busy saying that Americans don't have a right to healthcare as a pretext to strip coverage away from people, Trump, who hasn't actually read the bill he is supporting, is trying to compare it to Australia's coverage, which is universal coverage. Clearly, anyone paying attention can see the disconnect here.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't know one working person that is for this. I know several lazy people on well fare that love it.

link   

I don't know one working person that is for this. I know several lazy people on well fare that love it.

link   

If it was Obama's fault all by his lonely, I'd agree. But there was a whole 'nother part of government sinking their claws into it as well.

The blame for the ACA failure should be shared across political isles.

Really??? I suppose you'd like to blame Bush while you're at it?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

So? Your personal anecdotes don't define the world.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ok. Still quite historical, considering our presidents have always been white males.

It is quite historical.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I think it is, but that is not what was posted.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

If it was Obama's fault all by his lonely, I'd agree. But there was a whole 'nother part of government sinking their claws into it as well.

The blame for the ACA failure should be shared across political isles.

Really??? I suppose you'd like to blame Bush while you're at it?

Bush had nothing to do with it, but the Republicans had some skin in this game.

Obama was willing to compromise with the Republicans and pulled out the single-payer option as a result of that compromise. Then when it came time to vote for the ACA, the Republicans bailed, knowing the Dems could pass it without them, and it became a political tool against Obama and the Democrats.

Real sleazy politics.
edit on 8-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join