It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tries to save his failed legacy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't see how this is an effort to save his legacy. His legacy is not the ACA. His legacy is and will always be him becoming the first black president of the United States. No one can ever take that away from him and it will always be a part of our history as a nation.

And I agree with his comments about having the courage to do the right thing for this country, despite political partisanship or posturing. What the GOP has brought to the table does not make our healthcare system better. It's a political charade to make it seem like they are actually doing what they promised, to repeal and replace the ACA.

Some of those within the GOP need to have the courage to call this for what it is. Political garbage.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Nah. I don't want to play your song and dance. If you are going to insult my intelligence then I'm not going to follow through with your red herrings. You've already fallen on your face twice trying to guess what my living situation is like. So I see no reason to do what you want me to.

Plus insulting my intelligence doesn't magically make that uncomfortable for you fact that Obamacare is popular now go away. If you had bothered to click on my sources, you'd see I didn't just choose liberal ones either.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

why is everyone talking about repeal or replace if the damn thing was so #ing good?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Did your health care cost go up? How about your taxes did they rise 22%? Has the ACA in fact effected you personally at all? Because it's had a very positive effect on me and my mother.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

why is everyone talking about repeal or replace if the damn thing was so #ing good?

First: No one, not even liberals, are arguing that Obamacare is perfect. So stop with that strawman straight in its tracks
Second: Republicans have been yelling that for 7 - 8 years now without thinking about the consequences for their rhetoric. It's probably all they know how to do at this point. They clearly had no actual plan to deal with Obamacare when they took control of government back in January anyways.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Nah. I don't want to play your song and dance. If you are going to insult my intelligence then I'm not going to follow through with your red herrings. You've already fallen on your face twice trying to guess what my living situation is like. So I see no reason to do what you want me to.

So you are afraid to see what I am saying, Nice.
Why not prove to me that I'm wrong.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Because it's a political mantra/rhetoric that the Right Wing echo chamber picked-up.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Not necessary. Your poor arguing and constant ad hominems prove you aren't worth the effort.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

First: No one, not even liberals, are arguing that Obamacare is perfect. So stop with that strawman straight in its tracks
Second: Republicans have been yelling that for 7 - 8 years now without thinking about the consequences for their rhetoric. It's probably all they know how to do at this point. They clearly had no actual plan to deal with Obamacare when they took control of government back in January anyways.

Here, if this make's it easier for you, let this sink in for a second.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I Network Dude, hereby acknowledge that the GOP sucked ass and dropped the ball with regards to the Health care issue.
Now that the "shift the blame cuz I got nothin" game is over and we all realize that at this moment, Obamacare is still in place, how about you tell us all what your price for health care under Obamacare would be. Going to the link I gave you.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Like usual liberals fail to see the greater good in a vain attempt to virtue signal for a small minority of people. A group of people who for all intents and purposes probably shouldn't even be here in the first place.

Hahahahahahaha Greater good? You aren't serious are you? You think a bunch of people saving money on taxes is more important than a minority group of people getting insurance they couldn't get before? And you think THAT is the greater good? Wow. The pre-existing conditions clause alone trumps just about every negative of Obamacare.

Obamacare isn't perfect, but what you just typed is pure lunacy.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Not necessary. Your poor arguing and constant ad hominems prove you aren't worth the effort.

then why are you still here?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I dunno. Waiting for you to recognize that you don't have to insult everyone who disagrees with you and act a bit more mature to me, maybe. But that's probably a pipe dream right?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's nice that you get awards like this and that Nobel Peach prize for being ........well, from what I can see, it was just FOR BEING. In conclusion, you aren't president anymore, and we really, really don't care what you think at this point. Go give some $400K speeches and slither off somewhere.

Then why the obsession of conservatives to continue to trash him. He's gone...get over it.

Hilliary lost.....let it go.

The campaign is over. It's pointless to keep bringing up politicians that aren't in office and probably never will be again.

or is it simply deflection from the current cluster +*+* we now enjoy?

When Obamacare is gone and I can get decent health insurance for a decent price, I'll forget all about his sorry ass, until then, suck it up buttercup.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I dunno. Waiting for you to recognize that you don't have to insult everyone who disagrees with you and act a bit more mature to me, maybe. But that's probably a pipe dream right?

I treat others with the same respect they offer me. Perhaps you might want to go back and see some of the comments you have made in the past while you sit on that horse up high.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It's nice that you get awards like this and that Nobel Peach prize for being ........well, from what I can see, it was just FOR BEING. In conclusion, you aren't president anymore, and we really, really don't care what you think at this point. Go give some $400K speeches and slither off somewhere.

Then why the obsession of conservatives to continue to trash him. He's gone...get over it.

The campaign is over. It's pointless to keep bringing up politicians that aren't in office and probably never will be again.

When Obamacare is gone and I can get decent health insurance for a decent price, I'll forget all about his sorry ass, until then, suck it up buttercup.

"Suck it up buttercup"

Do you honestly think these cliches makes you seem like a tough guy or actually clever?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

At least you realize it's screwed up and needs to be repaired.

link   

"Suck it up buttercup"

Do you honestly think these cliches makes you seem like a tough guy or actually clever?

it rhymes and I like it.

link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I have been attached to the military through this mess... but my sister... had good health care... then the ACA took away her plan and replaced it with something that has bankrupt her when her youngest has had to spend the better part of 2 years in and out of the hospital.

I do not doubt the ACA screwed many people...

I do not doubt that the replacement bill if it gets voted on will screw other people..

And in general (not you) it saddens me that people continue to spend time debating Republican or Democrat while ignoring the hooks the insurance companies have in both parties.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Did your health care cost go up? How about your taxes did they rise 22%? Has the ACA in fact effected you personally at all? Because it's had a very positive effect on me and my mother.

Yes, my cost more than doubled. You and your mother are welcome. Please be sure and thank all the middle class self employed folks who made your dreams possible.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Yes, my cost more than doubled. You and your mother are welcome. Please be sure and thank all the middle class self employed folks who made your dreams possible.

I do thank them. I say thank you to you as well. You sound like you don't want to help pay for other peoples health care. I know lots of middle class people that don't mind doing it though. I think everyone should have a choice. If you don't want to help than you shouldn't be forced to do so but those who do wish to chip in should have that option. I have no idea how a healthcare plan that would accommodate both types would be set up though.
edit on 8-5-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join