It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old UFO Magazines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the correct place for this but here goes...

In the picture above are some UFO related magazines I recently discovered I still possess, whilst going through my collection of Marvel/DC comics. I may find that I have more, as I dig further into the layers of time in my storage cupboard. There is also one entitled 'The Unopened Files' which is the first issue of a spin-off publication. I kind of lost the will [and the money] to carry on purchasing these magazines.

They date from the mid 1990s and miight be of use to someone who is interested or doing research into that time period. The magazines also cover historic case files as well as contemporary. If anyone has any info on where I could pass these on or put them into use, I would be grateful.

Thank you.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Check with the UFO Museum in Roswell, N.M. they have a large library of UFO related materials and I'm sure they would love to have what you have. Phone: 800-822-3545, other phone 575-525-9495, fax 575-625-1907. Address 114 N. Main, Roswell, ME 88203.

(This info may be redundant. My computer is not showing the three message posts that have already come in regard to this thread.)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Thank you...I am in the UK, so maybe I could contact them by email.
I'm only seeing one reply myself, so far.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Surely, someone from your part of the earth will come along to relieve you of them.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hi, there is this new website called e-bay.. give it a shot there with international postage option. Might get Enough money to buy a sinclair c5..
edit on 8-5-2017 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, maybe contact this member:

IsaacKoi

One of, if not THE best on ATS

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Hi, there is this new website called e-bay.. give it a shot there with international postage option. Might get Enough money to buy a sinclair c5..

Haha...yes, I did think of this and will definitely look into it. I have a ton of American comics to get rid of as well because my wife has finally had enough of them taking up precious cupboard space, so eBay is probably a good option...whereas, a Sinclair c5 would not be.

edit on 9-5-2017 by fromtheskydown because: bad grammar

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well, maybe contact this member:

IsaacKoi

One of, if not THE best on ATS

Thank you for the info.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

i would keep them, or read them again before getting rid, you never know the now relevant material that is now in them, not to mention all the cool things you may have forgotten.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

i would keep them, or read them again before getting rid, you never know the now relevant material that is now in them, not to mention all the cool things you may have forgotten.

This did cross my mind as well. I checked on eBay and the magazines are going for around the £5.99 mark and I may have around ten of them, so maybe a re-read and then see if anyone on eBay wants them. More excitingly, copies of one of my Batman comics from 1966 are selling around the £200 - £300 mark. I need to get digging in that cupboard as I have lots of comics from the 1960s and 1970s.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Speaking of old school magazines, anyone remember "Fate" magazine? I used to read them voraciously.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Speaking of old school magazines, anyone remember "Fate" magazine? I used to read them voraciously.

I remember them on the magazine stands when I was young although I have never purchased a copy. Is it still going?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

I remember them on the magazine stands when I was young although I have never purchased a copy. Is it still going?
I think it is. However, they went mostly digital with it. You can still get them by mail, but they're primarily digital. Fate magazine changed a lot when it went from pocket size to standard size and glossy pages.

top topics

join