It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad is obamacare for our nations families financially? Really bad.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Have you looked at the new bill and the budget and tax cut proposals?

First off the new bill will never pass, second it's just as bad.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Under obamacare real people with real jobs had to decide to pay the mortgage or rent or pay for obamacare.

...unless you live in a state that accepted the subsidies. If you didn't, you were at the mercy of the insurance companies. Texas and Georgia (along with some other states) didn't accept the government subsidies and insurance is not affordable for many.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Xtrozero

the young people in my life worked for companies that really didn't pitch in that much for that health policy and also didn't pay enough for them to be able to pay for that policy and still have a roof over their head..

if they were living in another state, they probably would have qualified for medicaid, but my state didn't extend it, so they just claimed exempt just like I did...

still say that the health insurance industry got burned in the last banking failure and obamacare was an attempt to bail them out!!

I don't blame the young for doing what they see as best for themselves...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The fact is that obamacare hurt those that work to help those that don't.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ketsuko

Well when your ready for facts look up Switzerland and Germany.

Everyone complains about health care including Americans.

Except, right now I am not complaining about my health care. Our policy does a pretty good job of covering me. I have access to a neurologist, it pays for the medications I need, and I have my life back.

The only bad thing about it all is that when the ACA (Obamacare) passed, our premiums doubled and so did our deductible and the rates keep going up raggedly where before it was a reliable and regular rate of increase that could be reliably budgeted and we knew we'd eat the deductible easily and not have to pay a thing for the last three to four months of the year ... right in time to need the extra cash for Christmas.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

It also covered some who had previously existing conditions that worked who couldn't get insurance.

It's a bad system however, I readily admit that. As is this one being proposed.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

But other people do complain about Healthcare in the us. Your not the old person. Conservative people and liberals both have complained about Healthcare for decades. People being dropped with ore existing conditions, loosing their hokes when they get cancertified etc do you disagree.

Did you know 50 percent of Americanew peer reviewed drug trials may be false? This is from conflict of interest in for profit pharmaceutical companies doing there own tests and controlling patents.

The system is a mess. This new bill is a mess.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Then why did they make it so that the young healthy people didn't have to buy in? They were allowed to stay on their parents plan until 26.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: c2oden
Under obamacare real people with real jobs had to decide to pay the mortgage or rent or pay for obamacare.

...unless you live in a state that accepted the subsidies. If you didn't, you were at the mercy of the insurance companies. Texas and Georgia (along with some other states) didn't accept the government subsidies and insurance is not affordable for many.

I think you're referring to Medicaid Expansion. 32 States have "accepted" it.
Source: kff.org...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

What do you mean? Probably because of the student loan crisis.

Once you start fixing you can't stop.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Do you actually know anything about how pharmaceuticals are made and pass testing?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

What do you mean? Probably because of the student loan crisis.

Once you start fixing you can't stop.

And did you know that the federal government made itself the only lender for student loans with the passage of the ACA. Why is that and what does health insurance have to do with student loans?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yes I do. It's obscene.

It has to do with the ability to in debt a new worker.

I am not saying I buy into this stuff. But we are where we are, and the Republican plans aren't taking us out.they aren't even conservative. They can't balance a budget even.

I am not partisan so I don't simply want my team to pass their plan. I want it to work.

edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

There is no student loan crisis, but even if there was, 26 would be a poor age to pick to force people to go out and buy insurance if that's what they had in mind. The average length of time to get a four year degree is 6 years, if they started college at 19 they'd graduate at 25 and barely be starting payments on their student loans at 26.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

But now that I think about it, that was probably the plan. What better way to push tax payer funded health care and tax payer funded college than crushing students just after they graduate? Typically after graduation is when they start turning to republicans because they see just how the real world works and how the government takes what they've earned and offers little to nothing in return.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Your first error was assuming the Democrats or Obama wrote the bill and that the Republicans are writing this one.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I didn't make that assumption at all.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

My bad. It sounded like you were taking sides here,..just wanted to point out who runs the show.

It ain't the guys in the Senate working call centers like telemarketers.
edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Absolutely agree. It is painfully evident with the failure to just fully repeal the ACA.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Loved the senator who just wrote make it like it never happened.

Exactly. Start over.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join