It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad is obamacare for our nations families financially? Really bad.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
My hope is that trumpcare will be better or at least as good as what I have now through the ACA. Just please please don't raise my mothers health costs.

The bill House Republicans just voted for and passed (which was done so hastily many Republicans are on record for not having read it and the CBO hasn't released an updated budget projection for it either) will make you and your mother MUCH worse off than under Obamacare. You'll could either be paying much more for her care or she'll have no care whatsoever depending on the state you live in.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: PistolPete
a reply to: carewemust

Obamacare is a joke. It was a money grab for insurance companies.

One thing I know Donald Trump understands is the massive pile of money that businesses sit under with health insurance fees and as someone that has negotiated contracts with employers it's the main thing keeping wages and full-time employment down.

Universal would cure a lot of that. Respect to you for examining the situation. Stars all over.

Obamacare was not a money grab for insurance companies. I worked for one and saw the big red money amount on the bottom line.

Almost all insurance companies lost money on it and had to make it up by increasing premiums and deductibles for everyone else.

Any idea of the profits they posted last quarter?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Well all I have to say is I told you so. You better hope the GOP has something better that won't cause you to choose between medical care and food on the table or a roof over your head.

Better is subjective based on what you value as important. If the private individual has to pay double and the richest members of our society get all the ACA taxes rescinded then if that is your metric the new GOP bill is GREAT!

Exactly right. "BETTER" is subjective. The people who will once again be able to choose what benefits they want, or don't want, will appreciate this freedom that the AHCA allows, assuming they're in a state that opt-out of forcing everyone buy a Rolls Royce health plan.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

One thing I know Donald Trump understands is the massive pile of money that businesses sit under with health insurance fees and as someone that has negotiated contracts with employers it's the main thing keeping wages and full-time employment down.

Universal would cure a lot of that. Respect to you for examining the situation. Stars all over.

Obamacare was not a money grab for insurance companies. I worked for one and saw the big red money amount on the bottom line.

Almost all insurance companies lost money on it and had to make it up by increasing premiums and deductibles for everyone else.

Health Care Services Corporation (HCSC) owns Blue Cross of Illinois, Montana, Texas, and New Mexico. The company does not participate in the extremely lucrative Medicaid Administration end of ObamaCare. It only does ObamaCare Individual and Group health insurance. HCSC lost $1.5 Billion in 2016, and is considering just doing Group/Employer health insurance for 2018.

Source: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Have you read the mew bill? It's a 400-600 billion give away to insurance companies. Go ahead and tow the party line, it's not even a conservative bill.

I don't consider studies funded by cause groups on either side of the issue by the way.
edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Have you read the mew bill? It's a 400-600 billion give away to insurance companies. Go ahead and tow the party line, it's not even a conservative bill.

Yes I have. And the amendments too. You're right..it is not very "conservative". But it is far more conservative than the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare).

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

No its not really. It's exactly the same thing. They just tried to free up features that people complained about, and then realized the reason they were put in place.....

It's a terrible bill and every bit as bad if not worse than Obamacare.

Because once the people that voted for Trump get pissed it will be a shoe in for the dems. And they will when they lose coverage.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

One of the most immediate negative effects of the AHCA will be the CHAOS that ensues when each state is allowed to pick and choose which protections of ObamaCare to keep and which to opt out of.

That was a horrible late-addition to the bill, IMO.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

That and it doesn't adress the insurance and pharmaceutical lobby power, and corruption in drug trial research.

Neither of these bills have any solutions just kicking the can.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think we need more insights into the problem, and not the solution.

Which is good, since it seems everyone knows what the 'problem' is and not even a squirt of piss on any solutions.
Its too bad politicians in office have as much clue as ' ats politicians'
edit on 8-5-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
My hope is that trumpcare will be better or at least as good as what I have now through the ACA. Just please please don't raise my mothers health costs.

The bill House Republicans just voted for and passed (which was done so hastily many Republicans are on record for not having read it and the CBO hasn't released an updated budget projection for it either) will make you and your mother MUCH worse off than under Obamacare. You'll could either be paying much more for her care or she'll have no care whatsoever depending on the state you live in.

It's a good thing the senate will make some drastic changes to the bill and send it back to the house. All that has been done as of now is step one of many. Or you could be an alarmist and tell everyone the sky is falling. You choose.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Why should I be relying on the Senate to fix a bill the House didn't have the responsibility to pass responsibly the first time? Furthermore, you realize these changes you are counting on from the Senate will make the two bills not aligned (especially since the Senate is a bit more moderate than the House)? This means there will be have to be a third round of negotiations from the two sides of Congress making the bill palatable for both sides.

I don't expect this bill to survive in its current form (hell I don't even believe the Republicans will succeed in passing a bill at al) but Dems are already starting to hang this noose around the House Republicans' necks. As it should be because they are defending this bill like it is the patriotic thing to do. Lying through their teeth and all.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

2 Solutions.

The Government could initiate Universal HealthCare for all citizens and re-direct existing funds for it.

or

Put severe price controls in place for Hospitals, Drug Companies, Doctors.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I think the Swiss approach is sensible. Nonprofit competing insurance companies. Everyone has to buy insurance. We do one way or thr other anyhow.
edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Obamacare (ACA) was just the left's way of pushing single payer. They knew it was a disaster, which is why they didn't allow anyone to see what was in it before they passed it. Then they nitpick stats out from ACA saying things like we insured another 20 million people, but don't mention the millions they screwed. The problem is only the idiots not paying for ACA believe all this nonsense that single payer will be great. I just wish I could get one of those credit cards the left believes in, where I can use it until it quits working and then the debt magically goes away.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Obamacare (ACA) was just the left's way of pushing single payer. They knew it was a disaster, which is why they didn't allow anyone to see what was in it before they passed it. Then they nitpick stats out from ACA saying things like we insured another 20 million people, but don't mention the millions they screwed. The problem is only the idiots not paying for ACA believe all this nonsense that single payer will be great. I just wish I could get one of those credit cards the left believes in, where I can use it until it quits working and then the debt magically goes away.

The left? You mean all of Congress. Last time I checked everyone loves taxes and printing money out of thin air.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Obamacare (ACA) was just the left's way of pushing single payer.

Um... No... The ACA was a compromise with Republicans because the Democrats knew they weren't getting single payer. The ACA was originally Romneycare in Massachusetts. A conservative plan.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Um... No... The ACA was a compromise with Republicans because the Democrats knew they weren't getting single payer. The ACA was originally Romneycare in Massachusetts. A conservative plan.

compromise with the Republicans? no. not one Republican voted for it.

Romneycare? what might work at a state level won't necessarily work nationally. Mass is a very left/democrat state; no way it's a 'conservative' plan. the conservative solution to the health care situation is reduce government controls and allow more (insurance company) competition.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

compromise with the Republicans? no. not one Republican voted for it.

Romneycare? what might work at a state level won't necessarily work nationally. Mass is a very left/democrat state; no way it's a 'conservative' plan. the conservative solution to the health care situation is reduce government controls and allow more (insurance company) competition.

I am a conservative and that doesn't address the conflict of interest in drug trials or treating rather curing ailments. It's also doesn't address price gouging with patents.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Not there any more but they were operating on over a million dollar loss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join