It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you like sushi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Mmmm, sushi.

I love salmon roe, so does the kiddo. He is really fond of how it pops in his mouth.

I also love salmon skin hand rolls.

I am also really fond of yellowtail.

And if we're talking roll ... mmm, scallop roll, spicy or mild.

Husband likes the oily fishes, but they're a lot fishier tasting than I tend to like.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You are what you eat - I'd rather eat octopus than look at your avatar

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Damn you. Now i won't eat octopus any more.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Nope

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Im a sucker for tekka makki, tuna rolls and spicy tuna. And tuna tetaki.

Have a bunch of great sushi places arpynd me and i live 5 blocks from los angeles oldest japanese community on sawtell. But alas i am too poor for sushi these days. Used to eat it twice a week when i was a baller. Now its more like once every few months and just a roll or two.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Im a sucker for tekka makki, tuna rolls and spicy tuna. And tuna tetaki.

Have a bunch of great sushi places arpynd me and i live 5 blocks from los angeles oldest japanese community on sawtell. But alas i am too poor for sushi these days. Used to eat it twice a week when i was a baller. Now its more like once every few months and just a roll or two.

Sad to hear that. But you know if you have a rice cooker and buy the stuff you can make all sorts of makizushi. You know I lived in Pacific Palisades and was a contractor in the greater Los Angeles area, I'm curious where about are you.
edit on 0500000033182017-05-12T02:18:33-05:00183305am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
hell yes

had some tonight

unagi and uni ftw!!!!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Bundy and santa Monica area.

Theres a place literally on my corner half a block away that always has good bluefin.

I tried making my own sushi rolls but it came out like a burst fish burrito. I added too much rice and split the nori.

I fish avidly and usually catch my share of yellow tail when theyre in the bay. I do sashimi pretty good then.

Alas im moving to Australia in a few months and the little town im moving to has no sushi. Will be moving up to Cairns next year though and theres probably sushi up there.
edit on 12-5-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Oh i wish i could be at your place for all that yummy

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yellowtail is fantastic,also for bbq.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I used to say "Bloody effing hell, I ain't a gonna eat raw fish!". Then I lived with a girl who had lived in Japan for four years.

It started with California rolls and no fish, basically. Then, after a bottle of sake I tried it and loved. Nowadays I eat crazier stuff than she does.

Thank you, as I'll be picking some up on the morrow now that you have suggested it. I so love wasabi.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

I could eat Sushi every single day of my life and seven times on a Sunday,it is Godly good after all

If you are ever in Mpumalanga,in Nelspruit,go to Mediterranean in the Ilanga Mall for your sushi fix.Their seafood is always fresh and done Really well.We went there for my B day recently with some of our kids and friends,we all had Sushi for starters and for mains i had the trout.Fantastic restaurant for seafood, one wouldn't expect it in Nelspruit of all places bur they are Cape Town Waterfront quality all the way.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just took a few people to Sushisamba where they do a Japanese/South American fusion menu, the tiradito and ceviche are killer.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This just inspired me, swap out the wasabi for jerk sauce, no!! I ain't no sushi chef, and I my get yelled at, but I think I could convince one of my peeps who is a sushi chef to do a test..if l can get that done I'll report back, this will sure to cost me a bottle of something good plus a dressing down
Fingers x

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Speaking of innovative, while I was there they had raw Hamachi served on crispy tacos that were dressed with miso and scallion with a small bit of ancho chili sauce on the side that was more like a foam. Stupid good.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Thanks for the tip, I usually stay away from seafood as soon as I've crossed the Oranje river into the North...
If you're ever in Stellenbosch, please visit Genki, it will change your life (for the better of course),

They have soft-shelled tempura crab at the moment... wow...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Thanks well if i'm ever in Stellenbosch again i surely will
I used to work in Stellenbosch many years ago,actually,at Coetzenburg pharmacy,back in the days when Mr. Alant was still alive and the owner. No Nelspruit actually has much better seafood than you may think,i was surprised myself but there's Mediterranean and John Dory's in the Riverside Mall,killer sushi there too,and prawns and seafood.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Spider879

Speaking of innovative, while I was there they had raw Hamachi served on crispy tacos that were dressed with miso and scallion with a small bit of ancho chili sauce on the side that was more like a foam. Stupid good.

Damn!! That soubds realky good.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
mmm, unagi sushi with sweet sauce

top topics

<< 1   >>

join