It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you like sushi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is got to be one of the finest collections of the "I love sushi dreamville".

I'll just post the link.

I myself make makizushi, based on the Yamaguchi-ken family style in Japan. Of course, since I'm here, why not.

howdaily.com...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I could eat sashimi every day, I have a list of go to restaurants for each of the cities I visit.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
love the stuff. my treat to self is hitting a decent sushi bar about 3 times a month. Finding a decent sushi bar now, that can be difficult.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Love sushi/sashimi, but I did quit eating octopus recently.
Decided to bump them up to sentient status. Can't eat a critical thinker and not feel a little uneasy.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Love sushi/sashimi, but I did quit eating octopus recently.
Decided to bump them up to sentient status. Can't eat a critical thinker and not feel a little uneasy.

I love sushi, but I gave up eating octopus and cuttlefish years ago. For the same reasons too, I've seen these animals engage in very intelligent activity.

But good sushi with wasabi, soy sauce, *drools*

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm more into sushi than sashimi. Preferably with pickled ginger-non aspartame-getting harder and harder to find. Glad to see others not eating octopi.

Inari(sushi/rice ball) is one of my favorites.
edit on 8-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: ETA

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf
The smarter they are, the better they taste

I am a big fan of those combo rolls, with like 5 things in them. All I know about sushi is how good it taste. If it comes from the sea, I want to eat it. Shrimp, eel, fish, urchin, roe, prawn, octopus, squid. I had one that said it was jellyfish once, but it really just looked like roe to me.

Luckily my town has a lot of sushi joints. Even most of those cheap low cost Chinese buffets serve a limited selection of Sushi. There is a stretch of North Dale Mabry Highway that has about 5 or six sushi joints within a one mile stretch. I think I could do a count in this city, and there would probably be just as many sushi places as McDonalds. Its a coastal town after all.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I like mackerel sushi "saba"

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The only raw fish I eat is cured raw fish. I like salt codfish. I ate a smelt right out of the stream once, live and whole. That didn't go so well. I ate a live oyster one time, that did not go well. We have harnessed fire for a reason.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Unagi sushi and off course the mackerel, but I am no purist if the restaurant can do tempura (usually they tend not to) then I am in heaven pass the Saki please .
Lil off topic but for visitors to Japan especially Fukuoka area have to eat at a Yatai basically street food, if for nothing but the interesting exchange of conversations with the master and customers..
Kampai!!!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Why yes, yes I love sushi.
My favourite place is Genki, they do amazing tempura octopus tentacles...
they have the fattest tuna (on one roll they sear the tuna so the fat soaks into the rice)

And they also sometimes have local line fish available.
Happy food is tasty food, and this place only chooses the happiest seafood

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Unagi sushi and off course the mackerel, but I am no purist if the restaurant can do tempura (usually they tend not to) then I am in heaven pass the Saki please .
Lil off topic but for visitors to Japan especially Fukuoka area have to eat at a Yatai basically street food, if for nothing but the interesting exchange of conversations with the master and customers..
Kampai!!!

As you know, the Yatai are heavily regulated and many have been in and on the streets there for years. They (health department) don't mess around. I should take some pictures next time I'm in Fukuoka, which is quite often, only a couple hours away by train.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

So thats why I love octopus so much - going to eat even more of it now.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The smarter they are, the better they taste

This is why we don't eat people... :/

I bet Dalmatian sushi would be awesome, yeah?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: the owlbear

So thats why I love octopus so much - going to eat even more of it now.

I love how the humanity in people comes out, when others express their own living standards...

*ugh ugh, me eat intelligent things even moar now, ugh ugh, me human, yum yum, hue hue*

no wonder I avoid humans.. and yeah, take that as you can avoid me... probably want to eat me, because I think the sentiments expressed almost make me ill.

yay you.

edit on 8/5/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
This is got to be one of the finest collections of the "I love sushi dreamville".

I'll just post the link.

I myself make makizushi, based on the Yamaguchi-ken family style in Japan. Of course, since I'm here, why not.

howdaily.com...

Ummm...thanks for the link...as I was eating a plateful of these the other day...I remarked..."I could live off of these they're so good"..."I could eat these every day"...

But then that Lasagna last night was da bomb...

I filled a bunch of bags with skinned and sectioned chicken legs and liberally soaked them with my fave marinades...then I stuck them all in the freezer right next to the pork chunks with soy...pepper and pineapple...Not to mention the Icelandic cod I bought for a seafood chowder...Yummo...It's going to be a tasty week here at the YouSir ranch...

YouSir

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Spider879
Kampai!!!

As you know, the Yatai are heavily regulated and many have been in and on the streets there for years. They (health department) don't mess around. I should take some pictures next time I'm in Fukuoka, which is quite often, only a couple hours away by train.

Small world. I'm near Fukuoka too. There are a couple exceptions but mostly I don't like sushi. Some of my Japanese friends don't like it either. But it's one of those things you can still eat with others and pretend to like without gagging or suffering too much.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What? Who doesn't eat human meat

If dogs were not so susceptible to worms, I would probably eat dog. Do you eat pork?? They are considered at least as smart, or smarter than many dogs on average. Pork is the meat I eat least of.

I am going out tonight to eat octopus, to make up the difference.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think we'v all tried the little smiley-face rice thingies wrapped in black/dark green seaweed. Yea, they are good. The raw fish thing.... not so much, at least for my taste. Asians seem to eat anything that moves, and sometimes stuff that don't. 'no offence' Chinese.... is too much MSG. Mexican's a safe bet.. just go easy on the tortillas.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
You ever go down on a woman and think, "damn, that ain't right!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join