It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US General: "It's fun to shoot some people"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Well ... he likes his job. He actually likes his job. How
many of us actually like our work? Anyone here sitting
in a cube at work pushing paper wanna' say they like it?

That's exactly what my husband said, I have to agree with you. My husband said "that is what they train Marines for" to go, fight and kill the enemy, and if you enjoy it while doing the killing well better for you as long as is the enemy.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Gosh, ATS is really full of a lot sadists and Nazis. Ah well, you give a little, you get a little. Please remember that my Nazi friiends.

Let's make something abundantly clear here within ATS, Indigo_Child, stereotypical name calling and inuendos are not welcome and shunned. You spout them as if you KNOW them very well.
My best objective advice to you, is that you need to get a grip on this, before it causes you some undo and unneeded stress.
Bear in mind this, k? Cause in my book, you have been Formally Warned.

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

From the ATS Terms and Conditions of Use....

seekerof

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Let's make something abundantly clear here within ATS, Indigo_Child, stereotypical name calling and inuendos are not welcome and shunned. You spout them as if you KNOW them very well.
My best objective advice to you, is that you need to get a grip on this, before it causes you some undo and unneeded stress.
Bear in mind this. seekerof

Where is the name calling? Can you say who I called a "name" and the fact that so many people who endorse the "enjoyment of killing" are not Nazis, how? Sorry, I can't really be politically correct about that. If say you enjoy killing others, you are the biggest disgrace to god's created world. It's a fact, mate. This is what Jesus said "those who live by the sword; will die by the sword"

As I said in another thread, if you love killing so much and hate each other so much, go out onto a battlefield with swords, maces and bows and duke it out. Leave us civilized and intelligent people out of it.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by nukunuku

Cant wait for the US government to turn these people against their own citizens, the same ones that think killing people is fun. You can all go and kill each other, since you have no respect for life anyway.

I am offended at this remark to the point of reporting you. You basically just told me to kill myself. Id say thats about as much of an attack as there can be. Your opinion is hatefull with the sole intent to insult somebody.

If you think killing people is fun than you have every right to be offended.
Best to grab your gun and start shooting, youll feel a lot better

(im missing the middle finger smiley about now)

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
well then,
if shooting people is fun,
what can you say for bombing people?
is that even more fun?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Cant wait for the US government to turn these people against their own citizens, the same ones that think killing people is fun. You can all go and kill each other, since you have no respect for life anyway.

I am offended at this remark to the point of reporting you. You basically just told me to kill myself. Id say thats about as much of an attack as there can be. Your opinion is hatefull with the sole intent to insult somebody.

Now you are taunting as well as insulting. I will refrain from making statements about you and your countrymen as It is against the rules of these boards and I am able to control myself.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Let's make something abundantly clear here within ATS, Indigo_Child, stereotypical name calling and inuendos are not welcome and shunned.

Ive seen Mods do it Seekerof! So whats the deal? If your in a position of power, and someone has the audacity to question your omnipotence then the rules dont apply? Ahhh, its typical!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The problem is that people will feel offended by comment and that is OK, now I will give you my reaction to the news against my husbands.

I felt surprised about such comment and kind of upset that a general will said something like that in public.

While my husband an ex Marine laughed at it and said "well that is why they train Marines for to kill the enemy" and as I look at him and the way he analyzed the news, I kind of had to agree with him.

If you are a soldiers you will understand the meaning of the general's comment.

If you are a civilian, Christian, against killing or the war your will interpret completely different.

And yes is people that will find satisfaction on killing others enemy or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Now you are taunting as well as insulting. I will refrain from making statements about you and your countrymen as It is against the rules of these boards and I am able to control myself.

Oh dont make this into me vs america, i was talking about people justifying murder in the name of their governments, i really dont care where you come from, but i see what you stand for.
Over and out of this topic

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This was not the most diplomatic or politically correct way he could have spoken, but in the final analysis, I can't really find anything wrong with his statement. Note he said that it's fun to shoot the enemy, not that they shoot people for fun. There's a big difference. I'm sure anyone in a combat situation would get a thrill from disabling enemies that are shooting at them.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is actually very eye opening for me. I expected such remarks as I have read from a few...especially some that are always talking God's love this and God that.....but there are a few that I didn't expect and then there are a couple that it's down right scary that they are walking the streets as civilians.......we have killers among us that enjoy it..."maybe" miss" it? Being a fair person, he probably didn't mean it the way it came out. lets hope so anyway. A General should be able to manage speaking to the public without spitting out such crap though....you'd think anyway. It seems many of you forget that when there is any war, both sides feel they are fighting for what is right (with the exception of the Nazi's, but I'm sure they even thought it was right, I don't know how though) I'm sorry, but it is my opinion that to enjoy killing another human being for no reason other than the fact that your government has told you too....should single that there is some type of serious problem within yourself. I know many, many men that have fought, friends and family. They have killed....but they hated it, it bothers them. They deal with it. To actually take pleasure in ending a human life.....that's very, very scary to me. I find this whole thread, or most of it anyway, Sad and very telling of the times we live in.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The problem is that people will feel offended by comment and that is OK, now I will give you my reaction to the news against my husbands.

I felt surprised about such comment and kind of upset that a general will said something like that in public.

While my husband an ex Marine laughed at it and said "well that is why they train Marines for to kill the enemy" and as I look at him and the way he analyzed the news, I kind of had to agree with him.

If you are a soldiers you will understand the meaning of the general's comment.

If you are a civilian, Christian, against killing or the war your will interpret completely different.

And yes is people that will find satisfaction on killing others enemy or not.

And what kind of mindset do you breed when you devalue the value of life to an object of desire and obsession. Then, when you go out to war in a nation, how blurred does the divide between a civilian and an enemy becomes. I am not surprised your husband laughed at it. It further elucidates for me that the American soldier is a neo-nazi.

All the general said was "killing people is fun" I heard the same from a US solider who killed civilians. Who are those "people" none other than Iraqis who are fighting for their freedom. Perhaps this explains why so many thousands of innocent Iraqi are dying. Theres a bunch of neo-Nazis out there.

Just wait till they come back home and protect you too. As another poster just said earlier. I have heard so many disgusting things on ATS, but this has to the be most dispicable and vile thing I have heard on ATS to date - "it's fun to kill people"

It seems like being in the army has become an excuse for low life scums with no respect for life to feed their hatred and become heroes while doing it. Oh, another no-brainer, many criminals are drafted into the army and a lot of homeless and desperate people. A disgrace to mankind and a disgrace to god.

A person only kills to protect himself. A solider kills to protect his country. It is a duty and it is ugly. Who is the soldier protecting his country from? Iraqi's fighting for their freedom?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
ok,

"its fun to shoot some people" is a statement, that belong in a computer gaming world. third person shooter games are supposed to be made for that pleasure. you can kill alot of people, and enjoy it, and not harm a soul.

but when it come to real people and real bullets, things get complicated.
do you know, who also said:"its fun to shoot some people!"?
serbian chetnicks, para-military formations, that shot, killed, slaughtered thousands of croat and bosnian people in the yugoslav civil war.
and they commited some monstrous acts of violence upon the population.
and they also "enjoyed killing".
so what is the diffrence here?
i cannot see it.

but hey,
what is a soldier supposed to do, right?
he should love and enjoy his job.
after all, its just another day at the office.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

Says the guy with 'aryan' writen on his avatar and who wants to censor newssources that he doesn't like.

You actually don't have any excuse for this ignorance, so I can only assume it was out of stupidity.

No, stupid, it was just to draw attention to the irony.

Further, since when was suggesting censorship akin to Nazism?

Do you know anything about nazism, at all?

Perhaps the warn has got you in bad mood

No, my being warned for calling a bigoted prick a bigoted prick has nothign to do with it. You call everyone you disagree with a nazi, you villify everyone you don't agree with. Its ironic, because thats a nazi tactic, nazi.

Leave us civilized and intelligent people out of it.

And when the 'uncivilized unintelligent people' are finished fighting, what do you think they are going to do? Go home? They are going to come for the 'civilized, intelligent' people.

A person only kills to protect himself. A solider kills to protect his country. It is a duty and it is ugly. Who is the soldier protecting his country from?

Thats right, hussein was a good friend of the US, wasn't trying to reconstitute his illegal weapons program, wasn't funding terrorists, wasn't allowing them to operate in his country, and terrorists never attacked the US. Amazing. Do you know what will happen when there are no more people who are willing to fight in the army? Do you know? You will have to fend for yourself, you will be the target, and your naive ideas as to what constitutes a threat is going to result in you fighting them on your turf. I guess if they catch you and torture you you can be satisfied in that they are 'nazis', or you can console yourself with the thought that they are only going thru a logical reaction against american imperialism.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Indigo, I am against the war, the administration and the killing of Innocent, but I am not against the killing of the enemy that will cause harm to me and my family.

Now the problem is the separation of the Innocent from the enemy and when my country is invading another country this distinction between friend and foe becomes obscure.

Yes in all wars we had people in both sides that will kill for fun but that is in their twisted nature.

My father killed enemy and as a Christian man he until this day has to deal with that fact, and he is already 71 years old.

My husband also agree the statement was unappropriated after the laughter, he also feel that perhaps that was not what he wanted to said.

And also my husband is very grateful that in 22 years in the services he never had to shoot anybody, even when he was trained and ready to do.

Indigo sometimes you have to find the rationale on some of this post and threads. Being to strong on your views is OK, but using the right words is better, just like the General used of words was not the best one, sometimes people misinterpret your post.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

as posted by Indigo_Child
Where is the name calling?

Here:

ATS is really full of a lot sadists and Nazis...

and here:

...remember that my Nazi friiends.

Your word game technicalities grow wearisome.
Comprehend the Terms and Conditions of this site and save me the hassle of reading your contestations and continued word games.

Nygdan. please refrain from using "stupid", or the like. it falls under tha samething that I am addressing Indigo_Child on.

Thank you both for your future compliances.

seekerof

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

No, stupid, it was just to draw attention to the irony.

You, mean a moot point? Seeing as you should know that the word "Aryan" means noble and was explained in two topics you participated in. Nygdan when did you become a troll?

Further, since when was suggesting censorship akin to Nazism?

Do you know anything about nazism, at all?

So, censorship is Nazism? Umm, okay, whatever you say.

You call everyone you disagree with a nazi, you villify everyone you don't agree with. Its ironic, because thats a nazi tactic, nazi.

Are you losing brain cells as you type? Loads of people disagree with me, even you do(especially you actually) when was the last time I personally called you nazi?

Leave us civilized and intelligent people out of it.

And when the 'uncivilized unintelligent people' are finished fighting, what do you think they are going to do? Go home? They are going to come for the 'civilized, intelligent' people.

... It seems you are. No, what will happen, they will either slaughter each other or tire of war and begin to respect the sanctity of life.

Thats right, hussein was a good friend of the US

He was.

wasn't trying to reconstitute his illegal weapons program

They found no weapons program.

wasn't funding terrorists, wasn't allowing them to operate in his country, and terrorists never attacked the US.

Iraq had nothing to do with the attacks on 9/11. However, you are going to prove it for me, aren't you?

Amazing. Do you know what will happen when there are no more people who are willing to fight in the army?

Who said anything about not having an army?

I am sorry, but if there's a language I can speak, that will help you understand better?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm leaving this thread. As I stated above, it has opened my eyes and I will never view some that has posted here the same. I'm not a child and I understand that we must protect ourselves and that there are times when killing is an absolute must. I would kill to protect my self, my family, or if I had to.....but to enjoy it..never! If one of my sons were in the position of having to kill, I would rather them come home and have to go through the counseling, the nightmares....then have no problems with it, and think it was fun to take human life. And for all you very religious people out there....is the enemy not also your Gods children? You think your God chooses which side is right with our wars down here? I'm sure some of you do, you know your god's mind so well and what he thinks....You don't have to respond as I won't see it....

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I always see all the talk about the "islamics" beating their women all the time so wondered what the stats were for "Domestic Violence" in, for instance, the USA.

www.aidv-usa.com...

www.submission.org...

Maybe the good General would enjoy shooting a few of his fellow Good ol' Boys for slapping their wives around.

Hell, he wouldn't even have to leave the country to do so.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
isnt it neat that in America we dont have a right to Free Speech anymore?
like this General; he says something than everyone jumps on him telling him he has NO RIGHT to have opinions

well
its nice to see most people support ripping that useless old constitution up
we dont need it anymore
we can say exactly what you want us too now

just tell us how to think
and we will think exactly that way

((note the sarcasm))

anyways
if you say "he had no right to say that"
think agian
because its called the FREEDOM of SPEECH
live with it

i wonder;
do all the bleeding hearts have a right to Whine?
maybe thats somewhere in there too....

bad thread
bad controversy
bad everything

I stand by freedom of speech

anyways who gives a sh%* if some dude says something the media blows out of proportion
it happens everyday to someone else
and if you wanna play that game go ahead
but its stupid

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join