It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US General: "It's fun to shoot some people"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
God uses people to pass his judgments; Lt. Gen. James Mattis just executes the judgments.

then god must use bin Laden to execute his judgements as well. Either god is a two-timing SOB or someone is lying.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by General Zapata]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Your right, bin laden has enabled America to attack Islamist terrorists.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I served under Gen. Mattis in both Afghanistan (Task Force Dagger) and Iraq, 1st MarDiv, and I agree 100%. Sometimes it is just fun, especially when they deserve it.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Proof that any cold-blooded sociopath can find his way into the American society, get a huge income and live happy! Too bad there's not too many people in America who get this lucky by respecting other people's lives...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TalibanKillah
I served under Gen. Mattis in both Afghanistan (Task Force Dagger) and Iraq, 1st MarDiv, and I agree 100%. Sometimes it is just fun, especially when they deserve it.

Someone please answer me this,

Would the average Iraqi father qualify to have a little fun killing people too? You know, the Iraqi father that decided to take up arms after he lost his wife and 2 daughters during the intial 'shock and awe' campaign.

Would his case scenario allow justification in shooting some people because its fun?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The Marine Corps said Lt Gen James Mattis had been "counselled" concerning his remarks, made during a panel discussion in California.

Source

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I can tell you from my own experience that killing the enemy can be thrilling and even fun. I don't think there's any shame in that, especially for those whose entire lives have been dedicated to national defense. I don't know what alternative reality people must inhabit that they cannot even fathom this universal reality. When you train to kill and when your life depends on killing, to accomplish that task gives an adrenaline rush that is hard to describe. This is not to say that there is not a down side, but when your "ax" is a firearm, an artillery piece, or airborne weapons platform, killing is what you do and you'd better do it well.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis said during a panel discussion. "You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

got no manhood?
and if you say "it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them",
then you have "manhood"?
then you are a real MAN?

give me a BREAK!

two thumbs down for this so called "general"!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Thats it.. what a giveaway!!

The US doesnt go to war for geo-political reasons, or even to secure oil.. noo it goes to was coz "its fun to shhot some people".

Wev'e all known this was the real reason deep down inside.. but now we have the proof!

This attitude might also explain the 4th or whaterver ammendment guaranteeing the right to bear arms. Hey its not imporatnt to have a gun its important to enjoy yourself and shoot some people.

Like i said what a giveaway..

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I can tell you from my own experience that killing the enemy can be thrilling and even fun. I don't think there's any shame in that, especially for those whose entire lives have been dedicated to national defense. I don't know what alternative reality people must inhabit that they cannot even fathom this universal reality. When you train to kill and when your life depends on killing, to accomplish that task gives an adrenaline rush that is hard to describe. This is not to say that there is not a down side, but when your "ax" is a firearm, an artillery piece, or airborne weapons platform, killing is what you do and you'd better do it well.

Semper Fi there Grady....................No regrets either...........

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hes a Marine. He is supposed to feel that way. Like it or not soldiers kill. Its thier job, and for a carreer soldier its not just what they do its who they are.

For those of yo wtih a problem I leave yo with this quote

" you know what a soldier is son? He's the guy who makes it possible for you to hate war."

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Gosh, ATS is really full of a lot sadists and Nazis. Ah well, you give a little, you get a little. Please remember that my Nazi friiends.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Would the average Iraqi father qualify to have a little fun killing people too?

I'm sure he would have fun also. "Ah, i got another one of those yankee imperialist bastards, god be praised I'll snuff another one of those murderous tools" Who gives a damn if he does?

The guy said 'its fun to kill some people', he enjoys killing these terrorists and insurgent. Good for him. We need nasty little son's of bitches like that. You think bin ladin or Mullah Omar are cringing every time they must kill a westerner? Send your rabid dogs after their rabid dogs

Would his case scenario allow justification in shooting some people because its fun?

Justification? Of course not, no one is going to justify this war, hell not even this guy, as being something that should be done because its fun. It should be done for a sperate set of reasons. Why the hell is the guy not allowed to enjoy it?

Please remember that my Nazi friiends.

Says the guy with 'aryan' writen on his avatar and who wants to censor newssources that he doesn't like.

You know who George Patton is right? He's one of the guys who rooted out the nazis from Europe. Guess what, he effing loved killing fighting and being a nasty little beast over there. Rabid dog to rabid dog. If you don't follow that rule, then you are the one who will have to fight their rabid dogs, remorsefully and guiltily killing them.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If it wasn't for guys like Lt Gen James Mattis most of us would be under communist rule right now. Soldiers put their lives on the line for our freedoms. I would suggest giving them some slack because they might be killed defending your freedoms.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

If it wasn't for guys like Lt Gen James Mattis most of us would be under communist rule right now. Soldiers put their lives on the line for our freedoms. I would suggest giving them some slack because they might be killed defending your freedoms.

This isn't something I do often, well even ever before.

"You have voted cryptorsa1001 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Says the guy with 'aryan' writen on his avatar and who wants to censor newssources that he doesn't like.

You actually don't have any excuse for this ignorance, so I can only assume it was out of stupidity. As the term "Aryan" means noble and originates from a very spiritual civilization and has been explained in two different topics, of which you were a participant.

Further, since when was suggesting censorship akin to Nazism? Perhaps the warn has got you in bad mood.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"REAL MAN" doesnt need a gun, just guts and a set of bare knuckles, at least thats what ive been told.
Cant wait for the US government to turn these people against their own citizens, the same ones that think killing people is fun. You can all go and kill each other, since you have no respect for life anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Soldiers put their lives on the line for our freedoms.

People who become soldiers need to eat, right? With exceptions of course, I would say the main reason most soldiers sign up is to get paid, at least all the soldiers i know did anyway. None of them have ever said to me they were fighting to preserve freedom, probably because i dont carry a video camera or microphone and work for a government regulated news agency though i guess.

Can any of you actually explain to me what freedom means these days?

[edit on 4-2-2005 by MERC]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

This isn't something I do often, well even ever before.

"You have voted cryptorsa1001 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

You know what Dr. Horacid, it's your right to give that award out to whomever you want, but I'm not sure that the statement made by cryptorsa1001 was worth a trashbag full of my lawn clippings and my dog's droppings. Let me break it down to you a little something like this. None of us here in the U.S. would have ever been under communist rule. You know how I know this? You see, there's these long cylyndrical thingies with nuclear warheads on the end of them, they're called ICBMs. Somebody would have pushed the button way before we ever came under communist rule.

As far as General Rambo goes, I think a GENERAL should have a little more control over himself, especially in front of the media.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

Cant wait for the US government to turn these people against their own citizens, the same ones that think killing people is fun. You can all go and kill each other, since you have no respect for life anyway.

I am offended at this remark to the point of reporting you. You basically just told me to kill myself. Id say thats about as much of an attack as there can be. Your opinion is hatefull with the sole intent to insult somebody.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join