It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US General: "It's fun to shoot some people"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by General Zapata

We need a coalition of the willing against the US army.

There is one: Its called Terrorism. And any nation or entity who is part of it will fall.

Thats odd...considering that the US has engaged in more state-sponsored terrorism than al-qaida can ever dream of. Political assassinations, overthrowing of democratically elected officials to be replaced with US-friendly dictators, massacres, the US has tried just about everything.

Remember the 1959 CIA coup in Iran? the leader was toppled to be replaced by the Shah.

Remember the US's overthrow of the Iraqi government, replacing it with Saddam Hussein's Ba'ath party?

Remember the Contras in Nicaragua, whom the US helped to commit terrible atrocities?

Remember the Bay of Pigs invasion?

Remember the US-led coup against Allende, in which the hated and murderous dictator Pinochet was installed?

Remember the 100,000+ killed in Iraq since the start of this war of imperialism?

should I continue?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Someone who likes and finds fun shooting and/or killing people. Do we not lock these people up, or in the US give them the death penalty?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I don't think you guys are taking this the right way. When he says shooting is a hoot hes just saying in the heat of the moment with the adrenaline kicking it's fun. And I must say when you find bullets whizzing by your head it's very funny when they miss you - some poeple find themselves laughing hysterically when this happens. You laugh for a moment than duck your arse. You go through all the emotions fear and all that very rapidly. It's a normal reaction to super adrenalin and knowing you were that close to buying the farm but didn't and don't have time to reflect on it at the moment. Some people laugh others don't. Just the makeup of your personality but it certainly doesn't make you crazy or trigger happy to kill people. The General was taken out of context. They are discussing 'bad guys,' not civilian folk but those who ARE the target and who we are at war with. Just equate what he is saying to fighting Nazi's it's the same thing when the person is your opponent he is your opponent. The 'people' he referred to is the enemy. I can see how this could be easily taken out of context by non-military personnell. Reminds me of Patton how his big mouth kept gettin him in trouble.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I like how people are psychoanalyzing a guy based on a few sentences. Where'd you all get your degrees?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
hey eso you're a lousy shot. I got barns you probably couldn't hit lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
hey eso you're a lousy shot. I got barns you probably couldn't hit lol.

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the people who are questioning whether this guy is sane to command

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Its from how we train soldiers. We break them down, and encourage voilent thoughts. Make it a part of theyre lives, it makes them better soldiers, so they say. Plus, with realistic military gaming and such, it breaks down the shock of killing a person when they actually do it, and theyre mind regresses to the thoughts of shooting them in the military games and such, and they found that fun, sothey findthe real thing fun

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The comment was inappropriate.
He is a trained military man, and a officer of his stature should have known better, and indications are, that he probably now knows this.

It reminds me of the case of keeping things behind closed doors that need to stay there. No one wants to hear about someone else's sex life (except perverts) and bedroom events, and as a soldier, a trained killing machine with sprinkles of compassion and mercy, his comments should have been left behind 'closed doors.'

Almost makes me wonder if he was a Marine?

seekerof

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
How to drive a human insane:

Train a human to be an efficent, successful killing machine. Make that his/her focus and center of existence for an extended period of time. Intergrate that human into a small unit of similar humans with the same focus and train them to function as a team.

Then tell him/her, "Oh, but even though you excel at your job, you are not supposed to get any enjoyment from it. In fact, soldier, the better you are at your job (killing the enemy), the worse we want you to feel about it."

Uh huh.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
yeah I know eso just making a joke about your target shooting picture. Maybe you should try 9mm it might help your accuracy.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Now thats the mean sort of sonuvabitch you want to send out that. He likes the #, gets into it.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There could be a number of reasons he said that... All we can do is speculate. He may have been putting on a beefy front to try to spook some countries into thinking we've lost it or that we aren’t afraid to duke it out close in with other countries... pounding our chest if you will.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
I like how people are psychoanalyzing a guy
based on a few sentences. Where'd you all
get your degrees?

Psychology Major here! University of Texas

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What he said may have been inappropriate, but that is the kind of person we need in command.

You can't negoiate with these people.

I hate to say it, but it is us or them. They established this already. I don't care how PC my next statment will be, but I'd rather go after them before they can get to me.

Wake up people, life isn't about Nickelodian and Pop Tarts. It's cruel, mean and nasty.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
A little reminder that there is such as thing as right wing political correctness.

"nooo don't joke about the military..........!!!"

From the first Gulf war.

Bill Hicks:

Anyone....DUMB ENOUGH to want to be in the military should be allowed in. End of ******* story. That should be the only requirement, I don't care how many pushups you can do. Put on a helmet, go wait in that foxhole, we'll tell you when we need you to kill somebody.

Y'know what I mean, I'm so sick...I've watched these ******* Congressional hearings with all these military guys and these pundits, "oh the esprit de corps will be affected and we are such a moral-"

Excuse me, Aren't y'all ******* HIRED KILLERS? SHUT UP. You are thugs and when we need you to go blow the **** out of a nation of little brown people we'll let you know, until then....

Where'd the ******* military get all these morals? "WE ARE THE MILITARY." Is that a village of children and kids? where's the napalm?! KABOOM. I don't want any gay people hanging around me while I'm killing kids, I just don't want to see it"

Don't tell me this is the military that protects our freedom? Hey Ladies and Gentlemen there ain't no one out there who's a ******* threat to us. They don't exist. Ooh--I'm talking now only of countries we don't arm first. Alright, if you want to split hairs you got a point. "Bill what about the nations we sell arms to and then blow the **** out of?"

Ok they might be scary for about a day, we give them the old weapons, we use the new ones on them. ******* IRAQ found that out, huh?

You have the scud? We have the Patriot, the SCUD TIMES TWO YOU *****.
Just keep selling them the ****, fighting the next ones, they'll have muskets, pop-shhh..

"America won a war with this!"

Yeah 100 years ago, we got new **** now. SSSSSssshh... "what's that?"

Its musket repellent... I can kill you by looking at you...

[edit on 3-2-2005 by kegs]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Please tell us who the them is. The General is at war with what he is told to be at war with they are then 'the enemy'. But you would rather get them before they get us. Who is them? The dirt poor Afghan people?

times up sorry gave too much on that one.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by vincere7]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You got about 5 minutes before I erase this post

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
God uses people to pass his judgments; Lt. Gen. James Mattis just executes the judgments.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
kegs, great post bill hicks comments on the army are the most truthful there are, also they are the most humerous.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
"Them" are they who are willing to kill the peaceful over an ideology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join