It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals behaving out of character/aggressive

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
my cat is a dick. he's been that way for a few years now. He's 19 now. If he blesses you with his presence, he may allow you to pet him briefly, then when he's finished with you, he will turn quickly and bite the # out of you. He and I used to be close, I was the only one he would hang around, but now, he has alienated me. I still feed him, but our relationship has devolved into mutual sneers of non-admiration. Sorry this has nothing to do with your current situation. BTW, if anyone wants a really old mean cat, let me know.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Wow, I had not considered the change in cat food! Thank you, will be buying the usual Indoor cat formula next... I will share in this thread if that makes a difference.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Good points, we have had a terrible spring and getting outdoors has been a challenge for us all. Maybe time for some fresh catnip and TOYS!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: BlueAjah

I am pretty sure my one cat is plotting to kill me.

I'm pretty sure most of them are plotting to kill us at some time or another.

To the OP: My dogs have been fairly normal...the older one (12) is content to sleep as much as possible, and Emmy, the 6 year old, is as happy as she always has been.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: schuyler

Yes and as I wrote in the op the only other time I noticed marked behavior changes was days before 911. Good to hear yours are acting normal as I do live close to New Madrid's faultline. Oh also we have had intense flooding here with raging storms, maybe?

Well, that shoots my theory on different areas and quakes. I'm up at KC, and ours are acting normal ... for them.

I'm pretty sure that a quake on the New Madrid would rattle us pretty bad up here. We felt that one quake out of Kansas. Of course, they didn't really react to that, but I'm not exactly sure a Ragdoll would react, and the other one is half-Abyssinian and is always a neurotic nut job.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So glad to hear you are close by. WEll... shoot, and you are closer to Whiteman than us soooo... perhaps it is the moon or Jupiter so close?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So glad to hear you are close by. WEll... shoot, and you are closer to Whiteman than us soooo... perhaps it is the moon or Jupiter so close?

I wouldn't feel relieved yet. We had a tornado touch down about 3 miles from here and stay on the ground for a while. It came pretty close. Kiddo and I were in the basement because it was headed in our general direction. Teddy was with us and he was not at all concerned, just happy to be with his people.

Peeps was hidden pretty well, so she did react to it.

The problem is that she is always just a generally nervous critter, so it's hard to tell if it's out of character for her right now or not. Certainly, she is not off her feed.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Yeah last week was bad, had a couple of F-0's north of us & while I completely freaked at work, at home I'd calmed down an the hairballs "seemed" oblivious.

Good points, we have had a terrible spring and getting outdoors has been a challenge for us all. Maybe time for some fresh catnip and TOYS!

Even if you have the most spoiled critters ever, usually new toys shake them out of whatever ideas for themselves they were planning on. Heheheheheh Those animal puzzles they sell? Lots are easily made out of cardboard boxes and those ridiculous fabric cubes seem to keep mine busy endlessly.

This will piss off the PITA folks, but my kids favorite toys are those Rabbit Feet on keychains. The chains make a cool noise on wooden floors and, well....BUNNY FEET!!! And NO....my dogs never swallowed them. Just drooled them up enough the cats were disgusted till they dried off.
Hahahahahaha!!!!

Let me recommend you get the plain ones.....the dyed ones make a horrible mess!!
Hey...trial & error....
YMMV

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Too many pets killing too many small animals sounds like...a problem with having too many pets.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Anyone else noticing animals behaving badly?

Yes I have a Russian Blue and she's is typically a very laid-back docile cat, but the past month or so has been acting out of character.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Checking back in.

Maybe it's the weather today, but both my cats are really jumpy today. There were some storms through here earlier, and we may have another round of bad weather later this evening.

But even the oblivious Ragdoll is jumpy right now. Not sure why.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Awesome advice, it seems to be subsiding at this point, they still seem to be "at ready" more so than normal. Just saw on the nightly news how shark sightings are unusually high in California right now, in the OP I mentioned how erratic animal behaviors can be a harbinger of trouble via the collective conscious stream, well not in those words but it is you my friend who gets me and I can pretty much let go and call a spade a spade with you. Just nice to rub elbows with you dear one. You know the center is at ease yet the peripheral seems unsettled and in a state of anticipation.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

How is the air traffic up your way? Also, I just can't stand all the bad news locally down here by Springfield, the news just keeps getting more violent by the day. Hope you and yours get some peace and this too will pass.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Qudrelth

Yes and yes, yet humans could learn a lot from the animals in that they live in the moment. That is the space which really is out of time as man knows it. I LOVE the nature gifts of knowledge dearly. Sounds as if you too take some cues from nature?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Well, its been more than a week since you posted, so, anything happen in your area that would possibly explain the behavior?

As for the behavior itself, some could simply be animals being a bit more territorial. With six cats and four dogs, that's going to happen from time to time. Even smaller numbers, you can see issues. We have two cats and one dog. Just yesterday, the one really spoiled cat smacked at the dog, because he didn't want to share "his" daddy. Sometimes, he doesn't care, but other times, he's pushy that way. Moods do vary. I think you mentioned losing pet recently? Even if it's a dog, cats can and will react to that. Dogs, likewise, will react to a cat being lost. Seen both such cases. Animals can mourn. So, that could well be a factor. I'd recommend making sure all have a "special" bed of some sort, and some toy that is theirs. They may well share, but if there aren't enough such places, and toys, fights will happen now and then. The change in pet food can be a factor as well. Some don't care, and others are very picky. Are the animals fixed? If not, one being in heat can cause issues. If they are outdoors, have to say, they are going to hunt. Cats, especially. You can't train them to do otherwise. Dogs, maybe, but not cats. An increase could simply be the result f it being Spring, and more animals being out and about. Our cats will sound as though they are fighting at times, while playing, and now and then, one does not want to play, when the other does, too. Just happens. Other times, the one that protests is bathing the other. What you describe there sounds like cats being cats.

The dogs, now, are another matter. If they are doing things they weren't previously, there is going to be a reason. Losing one, again, could be a factor. Either way, some adjustments to their habits would seem to be in order. If they won't stop chasing, then no free time, till they learn to behave. The growling seems like they are trying to establish a new pecking order. Making sure you are the alpha, and they know it, isn't a bad idea. Some special attention for them, as individuals, can't hurt, either.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join