It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Mayor Adds Diet Drinks to His Soda Tax ‘To Tackle White Privilege’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

The flip side of this coin is psychology.

That 50% of the murders is for a reason. And its not justifying it or excusing it...its understanding it. Understanding it from a perspective of wanting to change it.

"Opportunity Desert" is a good term, although its so cliche sounding it will not be received well. But that is what it is when you do not live in an area where you have the opportunity to meet someone who, legally, earns a good living and owns property which you can earn money from.

Either you are rich and earn from your property, you aren't rich and you earn from rich people's property, or you are neither. The "neither" group are the ones you are likely referring to.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, well, well...

It looks like liberal race-baiting pedophile pervert Ed Murray has all-of-a-sudden decided to call it quits...

Murray Won't Seek Re-Election

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Or what about "Eye Candy Privilege"?? We all know if you're really good looking either male or female the doors start flying open. You can be dumb as a brick, but if you're easy on the eyes people roll out the red carpet for you.

So why isn't there some Ugly Person Fund for the poor unfortunate people who weren't gifted with beauty??? That doesn't exist and you know why?? Because nobody gives a damn about them. Well why not???

There is privilege everywhere for a thousand different reasons depending on how you view things. If you fit in with one of them you'd be a fool to not take advantage of it too. Life is hard and you need to look out for whatever advantage you can get if you want to survive IMO.

Even if you don't agree with the advantages that some others get and you don't, it's not as if they are to blame for taking advantage of it. They didn't make the rules, they're just following them.

You have to do the best you can just like everyone else does.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It's not that they don't read so much as it is that culturally, there is less emphasis on it so you will find less books and magazines.

I remember that study because the ones who came to that realization concluded that the way to ensure equality was to make sure that white families stopped reading to their children and that early childhood education start much sooner so that access to literature of all children of all races could be precisely controlled and equalized by the state.

Ah so they are using fake racism as an excuse to dumb down the masses. Why am I not surprised?? Intelligent people, who can read and learn on their own, are a threat to fascists.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Am I reading this right? The soda tax is meant to even up disparity in education, but if there is any inkling of minorities having to fund it then they have to alter it so white people have to pay?

This is the mayor of the town from whence the song "Hunger Strike" came.

They don't mind stealing bread from the mouth of decadence.

Admit it - how many people Youtubed after that comment. Lol. I sing like Cornell, so even though I'm not for the lyrics, I can't help but sing it.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
White privilege is ultimately based on trust. To destroy it is as foolish as to abuse it. People that deny such a thing exist are tards.

My sick mom should be allowed to call the cops(on sight) when she's scared, even though she's clearly sick.

Everyone should be.

Racism will die out with the next generations heavily anyway, the only apparent fact to racism these days is you people don't watch/learn from your kids. The next generation is pure humanists and globalists, who will literally attempt to genocide racism. Hating your racist parents is LITERALLY A MEME.

You want to know how racism really works? If the black man I see is 50, yeah I'm kind of scared, because of the way my parents were to him and his demeanor after years of bull. If he's in his 20's, you mention weed/video games/music, you have an instant friend. Gee, tough world. Die already geezers. The internet buried your hate in a kryptonite coffin encased in adamantium at the bottom of the deepest part of the #ing sea mate, and this # still echos out into the public.

All humans are equal, and we will eventually share a creed, inevitably, no matter how much the racists may cry and moan and the nationalists threat to burn it down, and even if it comes to lead. It's simply the way forward, and there is NO TIME for such simple(minded) problems to even be addressed in the eyes of our youth. Youth advocates for such things are the biggest sheep of them all, to not be on this page already.
edit on 10-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Not exactly.

More like cultural Marxists. They want equal outcomes for all. So rather than figure out how to boost the importance and incidence of reading among all groups, they concluded it would be easier to deny it altogether and control when and how children are introduced to it.

But that seems to be the way it's done. If someone is coming out ahead, rather than figure out how to help others figure out how to get there too, chop that one down.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

How do you think parents got to be what we are?

We were taught and not by our parents in all cases. We went to college where we were taught. Look at the universities. Sometimes look lower. They do a good job of teaching our kids why they are different and shouldn't like each other.

Also, I got news for you -- all kids of all generations have hated their parents. That's mainly because kids are still too dumb to get it.
edit on 10-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

all humans may be "equal", but they are not equal.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Oh no...i still have the cassette from 1992

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Oh no...i still have the cassette from 1992

Hahaha.

Amazing.

You'd be surprised if you heard me. You'd be like "Chris, izzat you?!"

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I have a pretty solid baritone voice....but there are very few popular artists that make it work today. Its from the days of the crooner, and even then it wasn't the baritones that people loved (aside from the great Barry White and some country music singers).

But Vedder has music that I can enjoy singing along to.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

whats next?

special tax on Testosterone treatments for white men

tax discounts for minorities requiring fertility treatments

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I agree, upon looking at the ingredients long ago, I figure it was the salt in them that had me drinking more.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Speaking of Chicken

Samuel Jackson coming out of a chicken store

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I have a pretty solid baritone voice....but there are very few popular artists that make it work today. Its from the days of the crooner, and even then it wasn't the baritones that people loved (aside from the great Barry White and some country music singers).

Leonard Cohen (R.I.P.) was another great baritone... I'm Your Man is one of my favorite albums.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I've since learned that a similar tax in a different city hit sales though, with job losses.
I guess people switched to donuts or whatever.
I bet overall sugar product sales were not down, just redistributed elsewhere.
Seems a pointless tax then.

Here in the UK all the political talk is a tax based on sugar content percentage in all products. Fighting obesity or something...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hell to the Yeah!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

all humans may be "equal", but they are not equal.

The intrinsic value is undeniable. Race as a division is a meaningless concept.
"Anything you can do, I can do better"
"No, you can't."
"Yes, I can."

The point is you can't tell ANY human they CANNOT do something, they will do it JUST to spite your ass about it.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ah yes, they're too ignorant and young in their understanding of racism to appreciate it.

"Die already Geezers" sums up my feelings about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join