It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who were the baddest dudes around?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i think about this a lot. im fascinated with how people lived back then but im really fascinated by how tough the people were.
just how hard life was period but to be a god damn viking or a samurai or something...a spartan
battle cultures i guess.

who do you think was the baddest of the bunch? i dont mean just by fighting i mean by what climate they lived and and dealt with. were they the type that went out to conquer? how many of them?

what do you think? i really dont know.

i also got to thinking about this because of the axe head thread.

people had it rough thats for sure. just couldnt really imagine being all warrior all the time
edit on 7-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'd say the Vikings.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I'd say the Vikings.

im thinking hard about this.
i keep thinking vikings but then i think the samurai.

im going to have to go read a bit about those two and get back. im wondering what others think

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A U.S Marine.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Old western Native Americans, and cowboys, out there in those desert regions somehow not dropping like flies from dehydration alone while riding hard and warring is pretty remarkable. By that metric, endless African tribes stack in. People just dont know how good we have it in the era of plastic containers and water filtration.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm gonna say Gangis Kahn and his crew of nomads would have been very hard life style.
Living off the land where ever they set camp for the night.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Paul Bunyan. With his big blue ox.

Bostonian Irish thugs.
The mongols. Calabrian gangstets.

And the mexican/ Colombian cartel.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i thought about those boys just riding forever in mongolia. its crazy the # these people had to go through.

i never thought much about the natives or the cowboys though.

correct about the water thing. thats why i also factor in the climate and terrain these people rode and lived in.

the samurai seem to not have had it so bad as far as the living part. again im no scholar on their culture. just the basics.
they didnt wonder out of japan and conquer. they didnt spend life moving. at least i dont think.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

German GSG.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: Mousygretchen

German GSG9.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Oh my, the Mongolians!

When without water, they'd actually cut the horse and drink its blood... while still riding!!!

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Genghis Khan , unparraleled warrior and leader.
He was a bit of a lover lover too , it's estimated I in 200 men are descendants of the man.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Leroy Brown.

.32 gun in his pocket for fun.

Razor in his shoe.

Although at the end of the song he does get his ass whooped.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The gents on the Lewis and Clarke expedition.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I'm gonna go with the Mongols, they were pretty much the dothraki from Game of Thrones.

They were the best at horseback combat, conquered almost an entire continent, and tied branches to their mounts tails to stir up dust to make it look like their numbers seem greater, which is flipping clever.

But the most badass of all was Cake the conqueror, who commanded an army of a million followers while riding a dinosaur and wielding a sword forged from lightning and conquered the world of ATSomora...well that's not canon but the legend still remains.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
And the mexican/ Colombian cartel.

No way they are absolute cowards. They get to shelter themselves in the riches from their drug trade and rarely have to do any real work other than twisting off somebody's head because they can't figure out how to cut through the spine during beheading. The only thing they have going for them is brutality, and brutality alone, even more so than ISIS.

Pfft, drop one off in the desert, and the cowards will just off themselves after two days.

I also will go with the vikings just based on the brutal climates they had to live through while conquering.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
lots of votes for mongolians.
seems like the vikings had it as bad climate wise too.

this is fun to think about

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I had the same response to this as you. I think it's fair to assume that a group that personally kills off 10% of the world's population and concretely changed the carbon foot print of humans by how many people were killed off. There's one legend about how the group killed over 1.5 million people in 1 hour alone.

www.zmescience.com...

I would have said the vikings had these kind of stats been taken from the Mongols.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i think about this a lot. im fascinated with how people lived back then but im really fascinated by how tough the people were.
just how hard life was period but to be a god damn viking or a samurai or something...a spartan
battle cultures i guess.

who do you think was the baddest of the bunch? i dont mean just by fighting i mean by what climate they lived and and dealt with. were they the type that went out to conquer? how many of them?

what do you think? i really dont know.

i also got to thinking about this because of the axe head thread.

people had it rough thats for sure. just couldnt really imagine being all warrior all the time

Modern day it is prob Russian spitznaz ..

Before then it is arguably a tie (imho) between the Spartans and the Mongols..

I personally prefer Sparta, but what the Mongols dos with the numbers they had , no question trumps every other military force before modern times.

Apparently the Lakota native Americans were crazy hard people too..

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Peeple

I'd say the Vikings.

im thinking hard about this.
i keep thinking vikings but then i think the samurai.

im going to have to go read a bit about those two and get back. im wondering what others think

Vikings and samurai are two of the most popular, but really not even close to the best..

Line fighting it was Sparta.. They just never had the numbers to be globally dangerous.. They maxed out at about a 10,000 man army..

If your including Cavelry it is the Mongols hands down..

Like twelve thousand conquered all of Russia..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join