It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French election results

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
edit on 7-5-2017 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You'd think Macron was just elected president of the US by the way CNN is celebrating it up!!!!

I'm really starting to seriously wonder if liberals have a few missing chromosomes
edit on 5/7/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I hope he does well or the Radical Right will just keep gaining popularity.

Spoiler Alert: He won't.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
As i said in another thread!

Europeans aren´t that stupid, less than ever since Trump, Orban, Kaczyński and other rightwingers showed the world that the are not the saviours of "their" people!

But no wonder, if you have to choose between two evils, people choose the lesser one!
Le Pen would change nothing to a better. They rightwingers just would come with a lot of more hate, surveillance, politics for the rich.

The people chose the same neoliberal politics as before, but without that nazi stuff that would come along with the reign of a nazi regime!

A German will be running france, you sure you're labeling the right person with the "Nazi" tag?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Konduit
Are people really surprised that France surrendered?

Don't bring that French bashing crap in please.

I know many many people here in France that bravely fought hard during WW1 and WW2 for freedom including members of my wife's family as resistance against Hitler and his cronies as well as resisting against the Vichy regime.

The UE and the Media won this election.

Warmest

Lags

Those are the people betrayed by their own country's surrender.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Oh I do.

Trump is an idiot. Every suggestion he makes is moronic.

It's idiots who believe an idiot who can point out problems knows how to fix them.

Perhaps you haven't looked over or thought about trumps policy. Or your a closet liberal and love wasting money.

I guess you could call me a new kind of breed but don't worry the world is gonna get a loud wake up call soon enough.

There's not much new under the Sun, especially war mongers even though so often they call themselves new.

Yes we need a war but it involves no ideology,political affiliation,religion,race or anyhting else that is all irrelevant.

Ahhh! a perfect Milos-Bannon scam cult, clone-follower-commonly known in Ireland as an ejit.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I guess the EU won too, eh?

Did they? Their candidate won, but a third of those who voted giving a clear "non" to the EU. This fact alone should send alarm bells in Brussels. Oh, no the project continues and bugger to the lot of them.

Only people who don't care about people thing that such a large vote against is a good thing.

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
I know many many people here in France that bravely fought hard during WW1 and WW2 for freedom including members of my wife's family as resistance against Hitler and his cronies as well as resisting against the Vichy regime.

Contrary to those who don't know history, the French fought bravely in WW2. No nation could stand against the German war machine in 1939. However, many in France also collaborated. As for WW1, the French toll of the dead indicates the extent of their fight against Germany. However, perversely, Germany will now run Europe once the UK step out, but at least they did it peacefully this time!
edit on 7/5/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

A German will be running france, you sure you're labeling the right person with the "Nazi" tag?

So, you give zee German, und Nazi a Cap, und poor old France get's no cap!

edit on 7-5-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They played the German national anthem as Macron walked to his acceptance speech lol. If that doesn't set off alarm bells then nothing will.

Who said Germany lost the world wars?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

While I was hoping that France would stick one up to Brussels's and we could save the EEC divorcing it from the EU I am actually happy for the French as Marine Le Pen's party are essentially too right wing, deny the Vichy government's responsibility for the French part in the deportation of thousands' of French Jew's to the concentration camp's and would probably have ended up hurting France more than Brexit is going to do to us in England (because of a need on Brussels and other member state's that wish to preserve the EU with all it's corruption's - and it's benefit's as well - to make Britain's economy fail as a warning to other dissenters.

For those whom wanted out of the control of Brussels and it's un-elected and undemocratic government I can commiserate though but really though politician's in general fail to meet the criteria necessary to be called human being's the better human being won, only time will tell if it was a mistake or not by the French people but good luck to them.

edit on 7-5-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: paraphi

They played the German national anthem as Macron walked to his acceptance speech lol. If that doesn't set off alarm bells then nothing will.

Who said Germany lost the world wars?

After the war a British officer/diplomat speaking to a former German General recalled how in a matter of fact speech the General said that though Germany had lost the second world war they would win the third, he also said it would not a military war but an economic war.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Alt-Right leader Richard Spencer is now suggesting that White Nationalists become a supra-national movement.

Twitter

9/ These nationalist models have been tried, for decades, and they have never achieved sustainable power.

10/ We need to open ourselves up to different, supra-national models. A European political party? A global political party for White people?

It's nice to see that prick demoralized.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Well, so long, France; it was nice to know you.

This is not good.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Well done France! After Brexit and Trump, populism has been beaten by my French brothers and sisters.
Millions are celebrating in France right now.

Europe is more united than ever, and the EU's economy has grown even more than the US.The future is bright.

originally posted by: ancienthistorian
Macron giving his grandmother a French kiss.

Ah, another very insecure masculine ego who has to make a joke about Macron's wife being older than him. Or perhaps you are 15 and still laugh at other people's choices of partners, in which case I apologise as you are a child and still haven't become an adult.
edit on 7-5-2017 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Spot on, the trans European nation that is the EU will eventually select a prime language, probably German to be educated to all student's, that may yet be some time away but the EU (Germany and Belgium) got away with crushing Greece, Italy and Spain (All fiercely independent nation's which would have posed a potential problem in the future if left free of there control) so now the Brussels based Fourth Reich juggernaut is beginning to look unstoppable.

Then again there is that prophecy about Russia crushing them eh!.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Why they couldn't just keep the union going, through a common market is beyond me. Effectively the E.U is split into 2 political thoughts and the right wingers are running the show with a majority.

They want greater unity, greater co-operation, the forming of a European Police force, European Army, et, etc.

Now, you are showing a lack of knowledge. To be fair Edward Heath's shennanigans is mostly to blame since he took the UK into the common market illegally, and hid the fact then, that the common market was only the start of an economic union. To compound that, Harold Wilson, (because he really knew the illegality of the common market entry) sought to rectify the illegality by calling for a referendum, however that referendum was also flawed because people were asked, “Do you think the UK should stay in the European Community (Common Market)?” when we really should not have been in any EC or anything else according to UK law in the first place. So Wilson also cheated a little, hoping that the referendum would make it all hunky dory.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
probably rigged
2nd

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, at least we do not have to worry about an uprising there, if the liberals would have lost, they would be starting a lot of violent demonstrations there. But, if that would have happened, all the Antifa in this country would have went there to get some action and expand their troups. Rats, I wish Le Pen would have won, Our government could have canceled Antifa members passports when they went there and they wouldn't be able to get back to the USA.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, it's crunch time. Let's see what happens in France after the people made their choice. I feel very sorry for the supposed 35% that are going to have to deal with the aftermath.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: butcherguy
I guess the EU won too, eh?

Did they? Their candidate won, but a third of those who voted giving a clear "non" to the EU. This fact alone should send alarm bells in Brussels. Oh, no the project continues and bugger to the lot of them.
Only people who don't care about people thing that such a large vote against is a good thing.
!

Er um, Macron got near twice as much as Pen. Another way to look at it, the UK BREXIT vote was all but split down the middle, (so much so that local hero Farage would have went out on the streets again had the vote went against him, and co-incidently using the exact same figures) notwithstanding that around 20million late pre-mellenials were denied a vote due to the referendum date being brought forward, while those were people of the age to have realised the real benefits of the EU in their time, and would more than likely have voted to remain.

Not that it counted, but there were also millions who didn't vote for anything.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join