It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recovering a stolen cell phone...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I do have the imei number. Google dashboard has it saved. But i think the cell phones sim card has been terminated from contacting any cell towers.

Are there any other devices that can run osmocombb?

edit on 592017 by GiulXainx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx
regardless, if it ever books into a celltower you can find it via HLR registry, you then have the celltowers location at least. The osmocombb part is the tricky thing and you need the hardware and knowledge. it´s not plug and play.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

As long as it has a manual i can figure things out over time. I cant find any c123s anywhere. At least ebay has 1 left... and a few other sellers. But i cant seem to register with ebay.

Not through my tablet anyway.

I will have to do this on my pc tomorrow.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx
the c123s are a hot item and got rare these days. Because of the kind of chipset that was used on those. I´ve some in spare but a c123 isn´t enough, you still need around 40$ in parts, able to solder SMD baluns, electronic knowledge, linux knowledge and should at least be able to read C-code, then upload the new firmware over rs232 to the phone and your own toolchain to scan for the IMEI, if it´s encrypted, like some providers do in germany, you´ll need to find a way to get around it.

I didn´t say it´s easy, I said that´s how I would do it. And there is no "manual", just saw that sentence.
edit on 9-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join