It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Mummies From Nazca Studied By Medical Team

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes It's the look of the thing that makes me suspicious. Just seems very much like some known fakes, somehow.

Physicist/Cosmologist Lawrence Krauss once said that common sense is a great thing, but we shouldn't use it to explore the unknown.

I think a lot of people drew the conclusion that all this looks like a hoax - therefore it is. Common sense.

If we put common sense aside and look only at the data, then it tells us that so far four mummified skeletons and various mummified body parts have been X-rayed and MRI scanned, and the four highly qualified MDs who performed the studies unanimously state they are authentic biological entities in an artificially mummified state, and they scientifically explain how they arrive at that conclusion.

You can claim that all four of them are wrong or lying- according to common sense. It's however unscientific.

The scientific approach is to wait for the follow up test results that are not far off, to see if they support the initial studies.

There are - to my knowledge - at least 9 different laboratories involved. If the results correspond between each other, it will be hard to discard either way.
edit on 2-6-2017 by Heliocentric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
for those who are interesested in this case, here you can find the most detailed investigation possible(everything is sourced) based on the few documents jamin's team is publishing. it's in french but it's easy understandable with google-translate, if you have troubles with some parts i will gladly translate

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MattHieux
for those who are interesested in this case, here you can find the most detailed investigation possible(everything is sourced) based on the few documents jamin's team is publishing. it's in french but it's easy understandable with google-translate, if you have troubles with some parts i will gladly translate

Are you serious ?? Irna has the most detailed investigation possible??
Excellent joke👍
edit on 4-6-2017 by gunsliner66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: free_spirit

Bro, a "common" tomb robber wouldn't have found a hidden complex that trained archaeologists couldn't. Your entire argument has been shot down by Helio even though you resorted to petty name calling and the suggestion that he wasn't thinking critically. Helio nailed it when he explained the entire process at digs and how they have to find a basis for the small amount of information they discover.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MattHieux

I thank you for the input and link, but I would have to agree with gunsliner66. Le site d'Irna (the link) calls itself skeptic, but behind this web site is a person convinced (like many others) that this is an exotic hoax of some sorts and its just a matter of finding out how it was done and by who. This person has no particular information to offer other than what he/she's has - with a biased eye - selected from the internet.

IMO, a better source of information would be this blog site (in French): www.sciences-fictions-histoires.com...
Created by Yves Herbo, who knows Thierry Jamin personally and has followed him and his (so far failed) Paititi expeditions through the years.

Very little new information is released right now because of disclosure agreements between Jamin, Maussan and NatGeo. The upcoming press release is still scheduled for the third week in June, some type of joint venture from Lima and an undisclosed location in the US. I believe NatGeo will air something on the finds before the press release but I could be wrong.
This segment was taken from Peruvian TV last night (in Spanish), and the clip is interesting because journalist Jois Mantilla talked with the MDs who performed the studies. Mantilla reveals that parasites were found in the mummified intestines, and the hope to find out more. Without going into detail, he also reveals that the C-14 tests so far state some of the mummified remains are very old, Pre-Columbian with an exclamation point.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-6-2017 by Heliocentric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Heliocentric

This person has no particular information to offer other than what he/she's has - with a biased eye - selected from the internet.

IMO, a better source of information would be this blog site (in French): www.sciences-fictions-histoires.com...
Created by Yves Herbo

So you're supporting Thierry Jamin further by linking a blog by Yves Herbo who claimed to have a religious experience as child witnessing an orb or UFO fly overhead... and someone who received a "UFOlogist investigator badge" from a French UFO magazine.
How is his opinion any less biased than what you claim of the Le site d'Irna that was linked?

Physicist/Cosmologist Lawrence Krauss once said that common sense is a great thing, but we shouldn't use it to explore the unknown.

It's interesting that you mention Lawrence Krauss and twist a quote and try and use it to fit around these "alien" mummies. You know he's participated in many debates and lectures on the subject of UFOs and ET and does not support the claim that we are being visited by aliens, right? Highly doubtful that he would give any serious consideration to these being mummified alien remains, or meant for the use of that quote in this context.
In fact, in regard to alien visitation and evidence, here's a portion of a letter from Krauss written years back:

This last point gets to the heart of the matter. The general
issue of alien visitation is so a prior ludicrous, on the basis
of any sound physical reasoning, that any claim that it has
actually happened would have to meet the strongest skepticism
and scrutiny. There are many strange things in the world, but
as the physicist Richard Feynman used to point out, scien-tists
only have a finite amount of time to work on projects. So they
choose exciting projects, but more important they work on things
which are likely to have some possibility of being right. The
reason that most people, such as myself, don't spend time
investigating each detailed claim is that the a priori
probability that it is true is almost zero.... Thus, I cannot
prove that the claims are false, I can just say that I expect
that they are... and each time I see something like the
purported hard evidence, I find it isn't. The point is that any
explanation, no matter how implausible, of the claims, is more
plausible than ascribing them to alien visitation. Thus, as long
as there is any other explanation which remains equally, or more
plausible, why should I, or anyone jump to the conclusion that
aliens are involved.
Source

A short portion of an interview with Krauss on aliens:
YouTube

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
So you're supporting Thierry Jamin further by linking a blog by Yves Herbo who claimed to have a religious experience as child witnessing an orb or UFO fly overhead... and someone who received a "UFOlogist investigator badge" from a French UFO magazine.
How is his opinion any less biased than what you claim of the Le site d'Irna that was linked?

Hello again Ectoplasm8 and thank you for your questions.

Yes, I support Thierry Jamin and the work he is doing. He has put a lot of effort into this thing, and I believe it's more or less thanks to him that you and others are able to hear about these finds today.
That said, Jamin's opinion on the mummies belong to him, and that of Yves Herbo belongs to Herbo. I'm not saying they're wrong and I'm not saying they're right. At this point, I simply don't know. I also don't know if Mario the tomb robber's tall tales are true or not, but Herbo is relaying them as they've been told.

I think Herbo's web site is better than Irna because he's close to Jamin and has direct access to information. Is he just as biased as Irna? Perhaps. Am I? I have my personal ideas about what's going on, but I'm prepared to change them in a heart beat if the scientific data tells me so.

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
It's interesting that you mention Lawrence Krauss and twist a quote and try and use it to fit around these "alien" mummies. You know he's participated in many debates and lectures on the subject of UFOs and ET and does not support the claim that we are being visited by aliens, right?

I think you misunderstood the Krauss quote - which has not been twisted in any way.

To spell it out for you: Do not fit the data to the paradigm, adapt the paradigm to what the data tells you. The quote has nothing to do not with aliens. It doesn't matter if Krauss believes in aliens or not. Really.
I must admit I don't understand why you brought it up.

You know, attacking me won't prove all this is a hoax. Real science will decide what we're dealing with. But if it makes you feel better, please continue.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Very little new information is released right now because of disclosure agreements between Jamin, Maussan and NatGeo. The upcoming press release is still scheduled for the third week in June, some type of joint venture from Lima and an undisclosed location in the US. I believe NatGeo will air something on the finds before the press release but I could be wrong.
This segment was taken from Peruvian TV last night (in Spanish), and the clip is interesting because journalist Jois Mantilla talked with the MDs who performed the studies. Mantilla reveals that parasites were found in the mummified intestines, and the hope to find out more. Without going into detail, he also reveals that the C-14 tests so far state some of the mummified remains are very old, Pre-Columbian with an exclamation point.

My problem with this is non-disclosures with Nat-Geo first and NOT going with a proper presentation/submission to Max Planck Institute. If indeed the preliminary science done indicates a unknown hominid ,running to Nat-Geo first is ludicrous. Nat-Geo is in no way qualified to "Vet" it.

Even an article in Nature, or Science altho more time consuming holds more water than entertainment TV.
Surely you can see the dilemma?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

My problem with this is non-disclosures with Nat-Geo first and NOT going with a proper presentation/submission to Max Planck Institute. If indeed the preliminary science done indicates a unknown hominid ,running to Nat-Geo first is ludicrous. Nat-Geo is in no way qualified to "Vet" it.

Even an article in Nature, or Science altho more time consuming holds more water than entertainment TV.
Surely you can see the dilemma?

Hello Caver78, and thank you for asking an intelligent question.

Yes I do see the dilemma and I somehow agree with you. Unfortunately, the world isn't always made the way we want it and things don't go down the way we think they should.

About a year ago, a man that once worked for me here in Peru came and told me a story. He said that one of his 'uncles' had been digging on his land and had found a small statue and a ceremonial dagger in gold. He more or less asked me if I was interested in buying them.
My interest peaked of course and I told him to show me a picture of the finds. He didn't so I called him back on several occasions, but no reply. I bumped into him on the street in Cusco several months later. He looked embarrassed, and told me that the uncle and his family had melted down the artefacts and sold the gold.

I was out of my mind for a while because of the stupidity of it all. If the artefacts were real, they were certainly worth a lot more than the current gold price, and to me there was no price. That's unfortunately what happens sometimes when poor and uneducated people come across archaeological artefacts. Had the laws not been so strict concerning illegal trafficking of archaeological remains (which I think they should be), I think the statue and the dagger might still be around, you see the irony of it.

In the case of the Nazca Mummies, at least the tomb robbers knew what they were doing, and Mario is quite literate.
He realized that the find was unique but didn't really know what to do with it.
As far as I've understood, he visited a UFO conference in Arequipa (Peru) in September 2016, just to check if anyone there could give him some feedback on the finds, and it could be that's where he met Paul Ronceros.
Paul being a member of the Alpha y Omega Church - some kind of Apocalyptic Bible/UFO sect I know little about. His videos and statements speaks for him. But he contacted Thierry Jamin (thank you Paul), who's well known here in Peru thanks to the Paititi expeditions and the whole Machu Picchu affair.
Jamin has this flair for exotic projects, luckily he persisted in pushing Mario to go public. Mario was quite happy keeping this a secret and sell off the tomb objects to the highest bidder (allegedly a metal plate with inscriptions or signs on it from the tomb was sold to a wealthy Japanese collector and is now somewhere in Japan).

Thierry Jamin and the Inkari Institute concluded that they had to save as many of the objects as possible before being sold off to private collectors. He turned to the Ministry of Culture in Peru - but they showed no interest. He posted videos online with presentations and regular updates, and he organized a crowd funding that pulled in almost 40 000 Euros (that money bought the four mummies and other remains and artefacts, plus paid for the C-14 and DNA tests. If anyone thinks this is all a hoax for money, then the money was collected months ago and there would be no point in going on with it).

The online video strategy only works so far - I mean just look at this thread. A lot of confusion, a lot of pie throwing and personal attacks, but little analytical detective work to find out the truth IMO.

When Jaime Maussan and NatGeo channel saw Mario's collection of objects and realized it was all real, they set up a new strategy with Jamin. One coordinated press release with all the data collected from the scientific studies performed in Cusco from November 2016 until now (still ongoing) with sample test results, X-rays and MRI scans, plus the C-14 and DNA tests sent to three independent laboratories, plus the C-14 and DNA test results taken by jaime Maussan's team and NatGeo channel's own team of experts.

This is done to shut up the quacks who claim hoax and get the scientific community interested. So maybe one day, depending on what the test results show, Svante Pääbo and the top guns at the Max Planck Institute will take a shot at it.

I can tell you one thing, knowing the procedure of archaeological digs. Had this supposed tomb complex been found by an official Ministry of Culture sanctioned excavation, you would not have heard about it before maybe three or four years from now, maybe longer. The time it takes to investigate and excavate properly, then thoroughly analyze the material, and then finally publish a paper that makes sense of it - considering the career risks of publishing something that potentially flies in the face of the scientific community.

Now you only need to wait another two weeks.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Heliocentric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

LOL...that's what I meant about "time consuming". Three four years or so sounds about right. I rather gathered the funding from Nat-Geo played a part in lab fees, but I guessed wrong on that!

Doing it this way is going to give credible folks reason to NEVER touch this find legit or not. Which would be another problem. I can't see Mario giving up this site for less than an astronomical amount of cash, and since he's already been digging it's already NOT worth what he'd expected unless he pieces it out to private collectors.

It's the perfect catch 22.

I hate when this kind of thing happens cause you're right, there should be at least some sort of governmental finders fees to keep sites intact. I don't begrudge someone making a buck off their hard work either. There has to be a better way to go about this without cutting the discoverers out of the equation.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think I will refrain from mocking the whole mummies thing while we wait for the end of june - oh boy, the anticipation ! - however, regarding the infamous "adventure-ologist" :

I just did a quick catching up by reading the last page (I suspected the thread was still lingering in this limboesque echochamber state) and I saw that Irna website. I had a quick look at it, and I stumbled on this article that shows that Jamin made a pathetic attempt at silencing the website owner by threatening him of suing him for...libel, lol, and for using images of him available publically, as well as screenshots of public facebook comments.

irna.lautre.net...

It's a funny read. The exchange, I mean.

The life of an adventurer in search for truth can be so hectic sometimes.

Look at my arm. Goosebumps.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
O_oooooooooo!!!

I just figured it out!
THIS is the reason DeLonge is holding back his big reveal!!!

OMG!!!
Both things occur in late June. I'm having a V-8 moment.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jokatgulm
I think I will refrain from mocking the whole mummies thing while we wait for the end of june - oh boy, the anticipation !

I don't know what the results will show, but I think it's a smart move. That said - throwing out some half-assed comment about how it's all obviously fake will land you a lot of stars. I guess you'll have to consider the pros and cons.

Some of the test results have already arrived. It could be that we're only waiting for one laboratory, the most prestigious.

Rumors are buzzing, but they're only rumors. No doubt whatsoever that we're dealing with the real thing, the mummies are really old. Intestinal parasites, tubers and cereals found in the stomach contents analysis. The mummy Maria is said to carry a fetus (or it was mummified next to her). As said, only rumors.

originally posted by: Jokatgulm
I just did a quick catching up by reading the last page (I suspected the thread was still lingering in this limboesque echochamber state) and I saw that Irna website. I had a quick look at it, and I stumbled on this article that shows that Jamin made a pathetic attempt at silencing the website owner by threatening him of suing him for...libel, lol, and for using images of him available publically, as well as screenshots of public facebook comments.

irna.lautre.net...

It's a funny read. The exchange, I mean.

Oh, another internet argument. Fascinating. However I think I'll skip it, thanks anyway.

I'm glad that Jamin found out who Irna is, now they can deal with their differences face to face - rather than Irna stalking Jamin anonymously.

originally posted by: Caver78
I can't see Mario giving up this site for less than an astronomical amount of cash, and since he's already been digging it's already NOT worth what he'd expected unless he pieces it out to private collectors.

Thierry Jamin believes Mario is going to show him the supposed tomb complex in the days to come, but personally I don't think he will. I wonder what options he has to escape jail. Take the money and run, make a deal with the Peruvian justice. His Get out of Jail Free card is not disclosing the location.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Heliocentric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heliocentric

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes It's the look of the thing that makes me suspicious. Just seems very much like some known fakes, somehow.

I think a lot of people drew the conclusion that all this looks like a hoax - therefore it is. Common sense.

If we put common sense aside and look only at the data, then it tells us that so far four mummified skeletons and various mummified body parts have been X-rayed and MRI scanned, and the four highly qualified MDs who performed the studies unanimously state they are authentic biological entities in an artificially mummified state, and they scientifically explain how they arrive at that conclusion.

You can claim that all four of them are wrong or lying- according to common sense. It's however unscientific.

The scientific approach is to wait for the follow up test results that are not far off, to see if they support the initial studies.

There are - to my knowledge - at least 9 different laboratories involved. If the results correspond between each other, it will be hard to discard either way.

Do we have any evidence of these studies? A video isn't much n the way of proof, and that's all I have seen so far. Solid evidence, on the other hand, is a whole different ballgame. For me, it's a case of waiting for verification. Even if these ae something new, of course, that doesn't necessarily mean extraterrestrial. Could be, but could be just something never before studied. I am curious enough to wait and see, even though, so far, I am not convinced.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Do we have any evidence of these studies? A video isn't much n the way of proof, and that's all I have seen so far.

The evidence is there if you look for it. Both Dr. Salazar Vivanco and Dr. Ramirez Vargas can be reached though their Facebook pages. The hospitals where they work and the studies took place exist and can be contacted. Peruvian journalist Jois Mantilla has investigated and broadcasted his report on the studies (available on Youtube). If you speak Soanish, French or English, there are media outlets that cover the events. You've known and expressed doubts about this story since early May, but have you source checked anything since? Because if you had, I think you would know this is really happening.

Solid evidence, on the other hand, is a whole different ballgame.

Such as four authentic mummies? That's hardware IMO.

For me, it's a case of waiting for verification. Even if these ae something new, of course, that doesn't necessarily mean extraterrestrial. Could be, but could be just something never before studied.

I totally agree. Human deformities/mutations can sometimes look really weird and we don't know what we're looking at - therefore it's a possibility. Journalist Jois Mantilla reported that stomach content analysis performed on the mummies revealed intestinal parasites, tubers and cereals. If this is true, well... I don't know what extraterrestials eat, but I doubt that someone from a different biosphere could eat organic matter from this biosphere - or support its parasites. I therefore guess they're from this biosphere, ie humans/humanoids/creatures from Earth.

As to the small heads and the three digit hands, Nazca is not too far away from the biggest and most diversified rain forest echo system in the world and they could just as well be from there as another planet.

Here's a recent video interview with Jaime Maussan on the subject (in Spanish). Maussan is tight lipped because of the non-disclosure agreement, but still says he thinks two different types of ETs have been mummified. I don't know about that, but he has seen them upfront. I haven't.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-6-2017 by Heliocentric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

No, I haven't really looked much since then. Four mummies, sure, but who outside of there has examined, them?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

A number of specialists in various domains have already studied the mummified bodies and body parts to a greater or lesser degree. At this point they're all waiting for the C-14 and DNA results. Most are back. A presentation is being prepared for the press release, the exact date has not been announced but I believe in a couple of weeks.
Jaime Maussan and a team from his show took their own samples and has analyzed them separately, NatGeo brought their own specialists and did the same. I think the best thing is to wait for them to publish their findings and take it from there.

I have since my last post read parts of the transcript from Dr. Salazar Vivanco's study of one of the mummies obtained by the Inkari Institute. From his detailed observations, It seems clear to me that he's pointing out too many anatomical unknowns for it to be a small human being. I don't know what to make of it, we'll just have to wait to see what the DNA results say.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well, hopefully, they will show some clear results, one way or another. I worry about frauds, of course, because we have seen so many, but something new would definitely be interesting!!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Just to inform you that the Press Conference has finally been set.

12th of July at 10AM in Lima, Peru. It will be co-organized by The Inkari Institute (Peru), Tercer Milenio (Mexico) and GaiaTV (US). NatGeo is apparently doing their own thing.

All the studies and results (except the ones done by NatGeo I think) will be presented at this moment, however the DNA results will be presented in its entirety in a couple of months - the time it takes.

Jamin added that the results are "surprising" - interpret that however you like (Yes I kind of know what the results say, but it's better that you hear it straight from the horse's mouth).

He has just received blacklights and Geiger counters, it seems he's preparing to visit the tomb complex (but will the instruments work in the complex - since according to Mario electrical instruments malfunction on the site?).
edit on 19-6-2017 by Heliocentric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The announcement (in French):

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-6-2017 by Heliocentric because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join