It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Fascism Come to America through Its Colleges and Universities?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Corporations flourish under Democrat policies.

Always have always will.

edit on May-07-2017 by xuenchen because: centralbankingbasilcommittee

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Christians are being put in camps if they speak Spanish.

Sources? And please, don't waste my time or yours by putting up examples where the person's Christianity is incidental, rather than essential, to their being put in camps.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: imwilliam

Is the "instability" a natural occurance because of the size and growth of our population, or was this instability introduced?

I remember early on during Trump's campaign that there were 1st and 2nd grade kids sending Trump letters telling him to not hate Mexicans/blacks, and that the wall and such is bad, etc. Really? These kids are subscribers to the WSJ I suppose... gimme a break.

Of course it's being introduced. You could navigate your ENTIRE academic career and not have ONE conservative teacher/professor. That's a HUGE problem considering throughout childhood and early adulthood, you're only receiving one viewpoint... one ideology.

I firmly believe that's where our SJW's came from. The "Reeducation camps", i.e., our institutions of "learning" which are COMPLETELY dominated by leftist ideals.... turning our kid's into radicalized "do-gooders".

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You need a degree to become a journalist.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

For the fourth straight year college enrollment has decreased while high school graduation has increased. Take that for what it's worth but maybe there isn't so much to worry about on that front. 70 percent of Americans don't have a college degree.

Source
Source

I learned everything I know from the internet anyway

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Absolute dross.

I can understand the author of this utter garbage being mistaken however, since the modern narrative holds that fascism is about what is done by its advocates, rather than WHY it is done. Fascists shut down free speech, so do anti fascists. The difference is that fascists shut down the sort of free speech which advances society and destroys social stigma, and prevents supremacist dogma from being seen as anything other than cancerous rot, which it is. Anti fascists shut down fascism, and fascism is bad. That fact however, is one which has been utterly ignored by most commentators.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Psssst... here's a clue: Colleges and universities have no power over us. Mere words have no power over us. They cannot legislate nor enforce nor prosecute nor incarcerate. It's the ones who do have power over us that we should be worried about... the ones who can legislate and can enforce and can prosecute and can incarcerate... the ones who can and do put force behind those words. Those are the ones we need to fear -- and stop.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The college students today are the lawmakers tomorrow.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Boadicea

The college students today are the lawmakers tomorrow.

All the more reason not to let today's lawmakers set any more poor precedents to be further expanded and exploited by the ones to come later.... and work like hell to reverse the precedents that have already been set.

link   

And are also the leaders of the new world.

link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

firstly...silencing the opposition is a troubling precedent.
second; who is the modern fascist? Ann Coulter? Milo Yano? Rush Limbaugh?
who gets to define 'fascist'?

what troubles me about the left (US Progressives specifically) is their use of labels. when John Roberts was up for the SCOTUS leftists found a problematical civil rights case from decades earlier. This one case allowed them to stamp Roberts with the 'Against Civil Rights' label, and the debate was not 'is Roberts qualified' but 'if you don't oppose him you're against Civil Rights'. because, who wants to be against Civil Rights?

consider Christianity. for 2000 years opposed to homosexuality (as has Judaism, Islam, and many other belief systems). the left labels Christianity / the Bible as 'intolerant' and 'hateful'; so now, if you're a Christian, you're an intolerant hateful bigot, and we aren't going to allow their kind in our school, are we kids?

Americans (USA I mean) traditionally took pride in agreeing to disagree. today's left refuses to do so. they are right, and they are morally correct, so if you disagree you're not just wrong, you're evil.

we've all seen the numbers on how few college/university profs attend churches and/or vote Republican. 'diversity' in their eyes is physical/racial/sexual, but not ideological.

no education system benefits by shutting down voices with which they disagree.
edit on 7-5-2017 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: DJW001

Fascism is coming to America draped in Religion, as it often does. The war against free speech by the Trump administration is just the tip of the iceberg. Churches can now engag

e in political propaganda while remaining tax free.

Only your assertion is about a year too late because facism has already arrived and religion had nothing to do with it.

Plus aren't close to half of Americans aethiest?

The denial and deflection is so typical.

There are about 3% of Americans who are atheists.
The majority is Christian.
OOPS.
"Deflection" indeed.

edit on 5/7/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I don't even know the exact numbers, and without searching, I know for a fact that 3% is so incredibly wrong you must be talking about something totally different.

I won't even ask for a source because I know it doesn't exist.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Oh yeah I'm pulling things out of ass. You're silly.
www.pewresearch.org...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I would worry more about the churches who will be supporting political parties and movements without risking the lost of 501c3 status. Thank you Donald Trump.

Colleges and Universities have always preached narrowmindedness.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Maybe I should've been more clear.

When I say athiest, I simply mean NOT religious, which is 31% according to your source.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Especially Christian colleges such as Liberty University.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Ah backpedling. Lel.
All right I'll let you slide this time.
Doesn't change the fact the majority is Christian. And the Fundamenetalist Christians are trying to meddle in politics, which is worrying.

edit on 5/7/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yep. That's a double whammy if ever there was such a thing.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'm not back peddling, my argument was towards "religion and the church" bringing facism to America and my point was that almost half of Americans (I guessed, but it's 31% and growing) don't believe in any religion, let alone go to Church.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join