It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

buy your way into the US with help from Jared Kushner?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: TinySickTears

Canada does basically the same thing.

www.vipbusinessimmigration.com...

DO I NEED TO SELL EVERYTHING I OWN TO BRING 1,600,000$ TO CANADA?

The answer is no, you only need to prove that you own the 1,600,000$ Canadian of assets. You can continue running your business for a period of time and do what you want with your assets. The only amount of money you need to provide to the bank are the financing fees of 240,000$ Canadian and around 15,000$ Canadian payable directly to the government for the business immigration application.

Europe has the program as well. It allows someone to create a business than get a green card to enter the country to run the business. Kind of stupid not letting people into the country who start a business that pays taxes and employs people.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ah yes, the dictator in chief who writes his own law, according to his bi polar day. Because he can't work with the all powerful republican congress. And they can't work with each other. This is too much comedy material.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I don't care what your bias is. The actual story says it. The Chinese in question think it's likely. Where were you decrying this during Obama's 8 years?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

So the game has not changed just the players...

I think everyone that is not in love with their "side" will admit this time of thing goes on no matter who is in power.

eta: though it is cute to see the leftist pretend pay for play was not fully engaged during the previous administration... its just the media did not want to cover it since it was "their" guy.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reta: though it is cute to see the leftist pretend pay for play was not fully engaged during the previous administration... its just the media did not want to cover it since it was "their" guy.eply to: Irishhaf

Well, someone knew because "lock her up" "drain the swamp" "maga" were not democrat campaign promises.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Decry what? I don't recall Obama having rich children and son in laws in high places in government.. Did he even own a business?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The sense of entitlement that comes with being extremely wealthy (for many) always creeps me out.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Decry what? I don't recall Obama having rich children and son in laws in high places in government.. Did he even own a business?

These are the same laws that were in place during Obama. Where it was deemed corrupt during HIS presidency. He did nothing. That's what you should decry.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

But, Obama and the democrats are not the lawmakers now. Why do you expect better behavior from one party over another? Trump promised you better. I never believed it.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

But, Obama and the democrats are not the lawmakers now. Why do you expect better behavior from one party over another? Trump promised you better. I never believed it.

The story this is about says the fear is Trump will stop this. So everyone knew Obama would not. A lot of people think Trump will.

We will have to wait and see what happens. The article also says China hates this visa because it is how many rich Chinese are taking their money and bringing it to America. That is good for America.

So far there is literally nothing that reflects poorly on Trump.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Nothing you say can excuse the hypocrisy. If this were any democrat prez and family, there would be riots .

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Nothing you say can excuse the hypocrisy. If this were any democrat prez and family, there would be riots .

Except Repubs dont riot like Dems do, so no. If Dems actually cared where was their outrage the past 8 years?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Don't hate on Kushner for EB-5. What he says is exactly true: if you want citizenship you can buy it through the EB-5 program. Its actually an important part of the capital stack we've put together for one of our properties that will open in another 6 years (we have to wait for the EB-5 red tape to clear before we can act on the cash, and without that cash we lose the bank loan....so the EB-5 investment is critical to us).

Do I like it? Not so much, but from the perspective of our national economy its a well intentioned program. The real issue, to me, is exported currency. Doctors and the like who make enormous amounts of cash here, and then send it back overseas.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
OK, i read through the replies here...and its obvious that people are ignorant of this program and would rather use it for political blame.

THis has been going on for a long time now. Its not new. And what Kushner says is correct/accurate. In the end, ask yourself: Would the US benefit from people investing $500k at a time to kick start job creation? Because that is what that money does: invest in a new business. Sometimes its simply a hotel, other times it could be something more grand (actually, hotel is pretty common).

If you don't like the program, i'd like to see why not. But to just use this to make political bickering goes beyond stupid.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Your post are showing your bias. You have been told that Obama supported this. It is not left/right. It is not republican / democrat but you can't let go of the partisan hate. Gotcha!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Well, of course I am biased. I do not like any GOP policies or laws since Dec of 2011.

Who's your daddy now? Whine to the current prez.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Where is yours now, May 9, 2017?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Where is yours now, May 9, 2017?

I was not outraged now and I am not outraged then. It's called consistency.

You were not outraged then, only now. It's called hypocrisy.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You sound like an idiot. People with brains agree against what they don't agree with.
You just admitted you will argue just because Trump. Your world must suck.

I will continue to look at each item individually and will form an opinion.

Sorry Trump got you so upset you can't do that.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Martin75

Well, of course I am biased. I do not like any GOP policies or laws since Dec of 2011.

Who's your daddy now? Whine to the current prez.

The EB-5 program was initiated by Bill Clinton, with the Immigration Act of 1990.

I don't want to cast pearls before swine here, so if you want to hate just because you are full of political bile that needs vomiting, i can simply ignore you. But if you want to know truth, and act on truth, im happy to share.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join