It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

buy your way into the US with help from Jared Kushner?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com... shpmg00000009

For a fee of $500,000 made out to the Kushner family, wealthy Chinese could secure a top spot in America. That’s what White House senior adviser Jared Kushner’s sister told a Beijing ballroom filled with more than 100 wealthy Chinese investors on Saturday, the Washington Post and New York Times reported.

For hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in the Kushner family’s New Jersey real estate project, wealthy Chinese families would be able to apply to immigrate to America even as Donald Trump feverishly cracks down on immigration, thanks to the controversial EB-5 immigrant investor visa program. The New York Times points out that the program is sometimes referred to as “U.S. citizenship for sale,” and has been wracked with fraud and abuse cases. According to the Washington Post, a tagline on the brochure for Saturday’s event ― which touted the Kushners’ “celebrity” status ― said: “Invest $500,000 and immigrate to the United States.”

thats interesting. i dont see how the 500k gets a person any closer. it says pay 500k and you can apply. can people not apply for immigration right now? i didnt think that was on total lock.

One Chinese investor, Wang Yun, told the Washington Post that investing in the Kushners could be a risky gamble. “We heard that there are rumors that [Donald Trump] is the most likely to be impeached president in American history. That’s why I doubt this project.”

the tagline on the brochure is what is getting me. passing them out at the gala? i would love to see one so i can see if thats what it actually says.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
That's what happens when you put conservatives in charge- anything for the right price.

+4 more 
posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's very difficult to make much political hay on this program. EB5 was created in 1990 during the term of Daddy Bush and has been re authorized since then by Democrats and Republicans. The last president to reauthorize it was Obama.

The program has had its problems with fraud from the beginning. The Huffington Post naturally takes its leftist swing at it and doesn't give the full picture. The story is if a foreign investor makes either a $1 million or $500,000 investment (the lesser amount for special target area investment) in a US business they get a green card. An application is submitted and if approved the investment is then made.

It is not a $500,000 (fee) to apply to someone. The HP article is just more political dibble trying to keep things stirred up. Yes, in its story if the application is approved the Kushner family member would receive the investment as they are the project's developers. If the foreign investor was buying a dry cleaner the money would go to the current owner and seller of the dry cleaner. Nothing nefarious here.

Although perfectly legal it's bad press for anyone political to be involved in it for obvious reasons.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Well, we gotta pay for all that "free" sh** you Liberals keep giving away.
Like to paint some more with that brush?

In fairness to both sides, can you agree that both have profited from their positions? Obama went into the White House relatively "poor" and came out wealthy from turning a vey nice profit on book deals. So has Michelle. They all take advantage of their positions.
edit on 7-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I'm so glad Obama didn't have grown children making hay on immigrants.

It's ok now.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
It's very difficult to make much political hay on this program. EB5 was created in 1990 during the term of Daddy Bush and has been re authorized since then by Democrats and Republicans. The last president to reauthorize it was Obama.

The program has had its problems with fraud from the beginning. The Huffington Post naturally takes its leftist swing at it and doesn't give the full picture. The story is if a foreign investor makes either a $1 million or $500,000 investment (the lesser amount for special target area investment) in a US business they get a green card.

damn. thanks for posting more info. i just took info from the article and thats why i kept a neutral approach...

not sure how i feel about selling green cards...i will have to think about it.
if someone can afford 500k or a milli they will probably not be coming here to leach the system and take healthcare on our dime and # like that.
thats a positive.
i suppose another way to look at it is nobody ever said immigration was fair.
is it wrong that chow gets to come in cause he gave a milli but roberto the mechanic can not?

its not like there are a set number of spots. not like if chow comes someone else cant cause the slot has 'been filled'

i guess the only thing that bothers me if true is if the whole immigration thing is on lock.
if it is on lock but you can slide through with a hefty donation that is not cool.

then again locking it down was to combat the bed vetting and such of loads of applications coming in.
im sure the one dude stoking a huge check with be vetted with the quickness.

i will have to think on this a bit

thanks for the info

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Canada and probably lots of countries do this. I have looked at Canadian immigration and the only way to immigrate to Canada is either get married to a Canadian, or invest in business. It costs more in Canada. You can also do this to get a permanent residence in China. Costs a few million though. If you are rich enough, you can buy your way into lots of countries.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The program is about bringing investment into the country its not about the individual investors and it's certainly not about being a equality creating social program. It was probably created with good intentions.

You know what they say about good intentions.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Canada does basically the same thing.

www.vipbusinessimmigration.com...

DO I NEED TO SELL EVERYTHING I OWN TO BRING 1,600,000$ TO CANADA?

The answer is no, you only need to prove that you own the 1,600,000$ Canadian of assets. You can continue running your business for a period of time and do what you want with your assets. The only amount of money you need to provide to the bank are the financing fees of 240,000$ Canadian and around 15,000$ Canadian payable directly to the government for the business immigration application.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
interesting.
i guess money does buy everything

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Worldwide/NWO Capitalism is good.

At least these people won't be killing innocent Citizens.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I was appalled, also, when I heard about this. But, then I read this:

Kushner’s sister, Nicole Meyer, spoke at the event hosted by Chinese company Qiaowai, which helps bridge U.S. companies with Chinese investors. The company is also an immigration agency that helps Chinese families move abroad, according to the New York Times.

To be fair, Qiaowai, the company owned by Nicole Meyer, specializes in aiding Chinese nationals immigrate to the USA. That's what they do, and they charge $500K for the service, I guess.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

For a fee of $500,000 made out to the Kushner family, wealthy Chinese could secure a top spot in America.

Really? Or work for Apple computer. In Cupertino there s a whole new "China Town" setting up around the new headquarters of Apple.

They are buying up all the local real estate. None of them are here illegally.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
That's what happens when you put conservatives in charge- anything for the right price.

@CB328 hows it feel to see the post immediately following yours shove your foot in your mouth by showing you the last president to authorize the program was obama.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What a rip off! Give me 400 ounces of gold and not only will I get you in to the US, I'll give you a place to stay and a job.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

@CB328 hows it feel to see the post immediately following yours shove your foot in your mouth by showing you the last president to authorize the program was obama.

It is very difficult to stop laughing

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Well, we gotta pay for all that "free" sh** you Liberals keep giving away. Like to paint some more with that brush?

Liberals have to wait behind all right wingers that are sucking up all that free stuff you whine about.

In fairness to both sides, can you agree that both have profited from their positions?

So because they did it that makes ok for Kushner to do it?

Obama went into the White House relatively "poor" and came out wealthy from turning a vey nice profit on book deals. So has Michelle. They all take advantage of their positions.

Quite a bit of difference between a book deal and selling citizenship.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Sigh...and as has been proved, no one is "selling" citizenship. You just see what you want to see, because it has something to do with Trump and his family. That Obama is the last President to approve it means nothing, right? Because your Messiah could do no wrong.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

Why would you attack another member? It demonstrates immaturity and/or insecurity.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: DAVID64

Buster:

"Quite a bit of difference between a book deal and selling citizenship."??

You either have not researched the EB5 program or you are being disingenuous motivated by your political views. She was not selling citizenship. The US government was selling citizenship and has for a long time under both parties.

She was promoting a government program that had been in effect since 1990.
edit on 7-5-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join