It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are YOUR children playing the Blue Whale challenge? Police warn British parents over 'suicide game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: SprocketUK

so teenagers in mongolia are surfing the net and playing this game?

this # is strange.

what kind of an impressionable dumbass would do this crap?

kids do stupid stuff. all of us did. even when i was at the height of my stupid if someone told me to cut my arms up for a while then jump off a building i would have told them to get bent

Oh you are a peach
So kids with mental issues are harming themselves, the game calls them stupid and worthless and
There you are saying the exact same thing as the game

I hope you are not a parent
The kids of the Parents Calling their kids dumbasses is exactly who this game targets

Do you engage your brain, really?

Why not finish your statement with the obvious, kids that stupid don't deserve to live....

Kids need love, attention, respect and care, not what you preach
edit on 7-5-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
That article is abysmal. The only Police cited is a friggin PSCO on twitter, 2 schoolgirls committed suicide, investigation includes their social media accounts not this game specifically. Somehow this is all being linked to 130 deaths somewhere else.

More hype and fear mongering with tenuous BS from the daily mail.
So, no kids have actually killed themselves playing this "game"?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

this # is strange.

kids do stupid stuff. all of us did. even when i was at the height of my stupid if someone told me to cut my arms up for a while then jump off a building i would have told them to get bent

Oh you are a peach
So kids with mental issues are harming themselves, the game calls them stupid and worthless and

The kids of the Parents Calling their kids dumbasses is exactly who this game targets

Why not finish your statement with the obvious, kids that stupid don't deserve to live....

come off it. i didnt finish the statement with what you said cause thats not how i feel.
and i do think they are impressionable dumbasses if they do this. im allowed to think that way about them and im allowed to post it here. i would never tell a kid that is in pain that though.

and yeah kids do need love and compassion. that does not have to come from me on a message board they are not on.
what exactly am i preaching? my opinion the kids should tell these people to get bent?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

That article is abysmal. The only Police cited is a friggin PSCO on twitter, 2 schoolgirls committed suicide, investigation includes their social media accounts not this game specifically. Somehow this is all being linked to 130 deaths somewhere else.

from another article i read it said there have been a couple suicides between a certain block of time and this game has been mentioned.

another link

indianexpress.com...

According to an investigation done by Radio Free Europe, there is no official mention of death groups or the Blue Whale game in the police investigations of the quoted Russian teen suicides yet. The point is that in the suicides said to be caused by the Blue Whale game, the onus is still in the suspicion/theory stage, and even then, the game can hardly be held directly responsible.

it seems there is a high suicide rate for russian teens anyway

The phenomenon and the stories are of Russian origin — a country with the second highest teen suicide rates in the world (after New Zealand).

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

this # is strange.

Oh you are a peach

come off it. i didnt finish the statement with what you said cause thats not how i feel.
and i do think they are impressionable dumbasses if they do this. im allowed to think that way about them and im allowed to post it here. i would never tell a kid that is in pain that though.

and yeah kids do need love and compassion. that does not have to come from me on a message board they are not on.
what exactly am i preaching? my opinion the kids should tell these people to get bent?

Some times you should stop talking and just think
This is that time

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

ok mommy.
i will

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

From what I can tell from a cursory analysis; no. In England certainly not, although we now have the mail to thank for inserting it into the public consciousness here where it'll no doubt become a thing for already depressed kids to latch onto.

Does that change anything? No, because we can all mindlessly regurgitate the meme on Facebook regardless of the truth and win concerned parent points from people we don't even care about until the next irrational media created hype train comes along.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

No, the police reports have not named this game. The Russian police do not necessarily provide the public with all the results of its investigations; only the information approved by the Kremlin.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
sickos have created another way to mess with kids minds via the net.

more then likely the "sicko" that created this was just another child who was cutting and suicidal already,
sicko indeed

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Blame the idiots who keep using social media to try and out macho other people.

It is like that episode of futurama where levels had a singing wart....

It's just your typical nonsense.

Let them do stupid # like that.

What these idiots should say and or do to the people challenging them with this? Ask them "where are your cuts? Show me in person."

It is just another dumb Facebook thing.

In fact bring that # to America. Let's see how many stupid mother #ers exist on our continent.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Personally, this is just a viral psychological hoax/troll campaign. Can anybody actually find a social media account that is actually participating or referencing in this??

Anyways, here is the RT video where they first discussed it in their news.

Its probably just a state sponsored psy op to elicit rage against a free and open internet.
Or it is another anonymous prank.
Blue Whale Challenge

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
this is even dumber then that fidget spinner fad going around. cut my lawn not your wrists.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

From what I can tell from a cursory analysis; no. In England certainly not, although we now have the mail to thank for inserting it into the public consciousness here where it'll no doubt become a thing for already depressed kids to latch onto.

Does that change anything? No, because we can all mindlessly regurgitate the meme on Facebook regardless of the truth and win concerned parent points from people we don't even care about until the next irrational media created hype train comes along.

When I spoke to Mrs Sprocket about it, she was already aware through teaching forums and the like, so it seems it's been on the radar before the Daily Wail got a hold of it.

Which makes me think it may actually be more of an issue.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So how many points do I get if I come complete this challenge? Is there a bonus round?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join