It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Fry To Be Investigated For Blasphemy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This is what happens when you let the continuously offended crowd run the world.

Sounds like poor Mr Fry is the continuously offended, hence his tirade?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Chadwickus

In order for it to be blasphemous wouldn't you first have to prove that god existed .

Nope.
For 'blasphemy' to exist, the existence of God must be assumed/accepted.
And in certain societies, that is exactly the case; no 'proof' necessary.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Sure he may have offended some. Is that any reason to waste taxpayers money prosecuting him?
Hell, what he said about kids getting cancer making him think god was a maniac is pretty reasonable isn't it?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Sure he may have offended some. Is that any reason to waste taxpayers money prosecuting him?
Hell, what he said about kids getting cancer making him think god was a maniac is pretty reasonable isn't it?

dont go all triggered sjw on me Sprock, not my country, not my laws.
The Irish laws, the Irish taxpayer, the Irish voters who placed those who make the laws of the land in power.
Right or wrong in your opinion is irrelevant, they are the laws, abide by those laws or get charged

Little arrogant dictators like you demanding everyone lives by your standard is a as bad to me as those Irish laws that had Mr Fry charged
You are them, just on the other side of the fence, having a big sob because others wont listen to you

The middle ground is to accept that Ireland is not your country, dont visit them
If I ever go, I wont bad mouth anyone so as not to offend anyone.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You aren't kidding, are you?

Blasphemy?

I don't even know what to say to that...

Got nothin'.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: grainofsand

So if you are not an atheist would you share which deity you believe in?

There's only one and if you had the mind for it you'd know that.

No, that is your belief, you don't 'know' that about any claims of gods so it is dishonest to present your belief as fact.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

dont go all triggered sjw on me Sprock, not my country, not my laws.
The Irish laws, the Irish taxpayer, the Irish voters who placed those who make the laws of the land in power.
Right or wrong in your opinion is irrelevant, they are the laws, abide by those laws or get charged

Little arrogant dictators like you demanding everyone lives by your standard is a as bad to me as those Irish laws that had Mr Fry charged
You are them, just on the other side of the fence, having a big sob because others wont listen to you

The middle ground is to accept that Ireland is not your country, dont visit them
If I ever go, I wont bad mouth anyone so as not to offend anyone.

I think you need to go back and A)look up what a trigger is and B) A SJW, mate.

Little arrogant dictator eh? That's rich, I pay my taxes, I vote, if the balloon goes up, I was one of the poor sods who would have had to take the Queen's shilling.

I just don't see any reason for sky fairies to have a place in making the law.
Ireland already has enough trouble through religion, depending on who someone speaks to they are the wrong or the right kinda Christian.

I get that you believe, that's cool, it's entirely your business and, further more, if you were to be persecuted for your own, private belief, then I would be standing up for your right to practice your own religion.

I just draw the line at organised religion having a say in what laws the people have to live under, the only ones who should decide such things are the people, not Bishops and their ilk

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Hey Trigger
The sky fairy didnt make the law, those elected by the majority did, save your tears
Yes, Ireland does have problems caused by Christendom, hence why Mr Fry should have thought like an adult, not a petulant child
I appreciate you standing up for me, I do, as I do for atheists and gays, we are all in it together. I do note your disdain for my beliefs though, my sky fairy daddy as I assume you are talking about, that indicates you dont really mean what you say

I draw the line with organised religions having a say, even unorganised faiths like atheism, even when they get organised.
See, I didnt bring the issue up, someone else did. I believe everyone has a right to vote, beliefs or not, its an individual choice

Ireland chose, not me, her people voted in their choice of lawmakers, its their mess, not mine. Maybe better if you asked yourself why such a strange law in this day and age rather than jumping up and down about it waving your fists.
It doesnt change it being their law, it doesnt change Mr Fry respecting another country's law

www.constitution.ie...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This is a throw back to Del Avers Reign,

When he basically handed power over to the Roman catholic Church & Guards (Police)

And they want an united Ireland,

Not positive Advertising.

Fox.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

It would be fun to know the outcome

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Hell, thanks to religion, not so long ago it was legal for a man to rape his wife in the UK.

You conveniently didn't address this, par for the course with you

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What do you want me to say
I don't know about it, show me where, when and who was behind it and I will comment
So far it's just a cracker on ats telling stories

If it's true, then, that's bad and against Christs teachings, He taught love, definetly not violence and brutality
Blame the church, I often do, they are evil
Is that good enough for you?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Well, talking of votes, I was mostly on about the UK where most of our laws were put in place by unelected people way back. Do bishops get to vote on laws in Ireland?

By the way, if you are a Christian and believe in hell, then you are going to that hell mate, cos your attitude stinks massively.

Try walking the walk instead of taking the talk.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

It is impossible to have a conversation with you. You have invented your own religion, and expect everyone to understand exactly what you believe. Then you toss out insults to anyone who disagrees with you. You don't believe in Christianity but you use the Bible to argue your points. Then when someone else tries to point out that the Bible is stupid, you toss out that you don't believe in the Bible. Talking to you is a waste of time.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: hutch622

In order for it to be blasphemous wouldn't you first have to prove that god existed .

Nope.
For 'blasphemy' to exist, the existence of God must be assumed/accepted.
And in certain societies, that is exactly the case; no 'proof' necessary.
And what other concepts do you accept from people with no proof?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

It is impossible to have a conversation with you. You have invented your own religion, and expect everyone to understand exactly what you believe. Then you toss out insults to anyone who disagrees with you. You don't believe in Christianity but you use the Bible to argue your points. Then when someone else tries to point out that the Bible is stupid, you toss out that you don't believe in the Bible. Talking to you is a waste of time.

Yet there you go, again and again
Sorry Woody that I don't meet your standard

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Well, talking of votes, I was mostly on about the UK where most of our laws were put in place by unelected people way back. Do bishops get to vote on laws in Ireland?

By the way, if you are a Christian and believe in hell, then you are going to that hell mate, cos your attitude stinks massively.

Try walking the walk instead of taking the talk.

My attitude stinks?
So do your comprehension skills, the link said the laws about blasphemy in Ireland are only 20 odd years old

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No, that is your belief, you don't 'know' that about any claims of gods so it is dishonest to present your belief as fact.

Actually if you don't have a mind for it, as I already pointed out.
Then you couldn't know that either.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Lol, are you going all cryptic and mystic on me now LMAO!
"Mind for it" what is that supposed to mean? You have faith in your god/s, nothing more, that's why it's called faith, believing in something which cannot be verified.
Good luck with your faith of course but don't dress it up as knowledge, you risk embarrassing yourself.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Lol, are you going all cryptic and mystic on me now LMAO!

Okay I might have been.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join