It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips on meditation breathing techniques.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am experimenting with meditation for the purpose of gaining deeper access to my subconscious mind. It is my goal to incept some core principles into my subconscious mind for the purpose of spiritual growth. I explore that on going experiment here. Feel free to leave some meditation tips on that thread too.

I know that many members here have probably been practicing meditation for years, and are probably pros at it, I would like some tips on breathing techniques. I tried this one in the video posted below. Its called Kapalbhati. I have to say, that it made me a little light headed, but I was kind of expecting that.

If you have any recommendations, please try to link a video for demonstration purposes, and explain what is to be the expected result. How will it help?

Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Find a teacher.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Reverse the pattern of your autonomic breathing.

When you feel you should inhale, don't. Hold it.

Inhale.

When you feel you should exhale, don't. Hold it.

Exhale.

Good luck and good journies.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You guys sure can make doing something so simple like breathing into a hard and complicated job.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You guys sure can make doing something so simple like breathing into a hard and complicated job.

Not our fault.

God breathed life into Adam through the nostril.

Ever wonder what that meant?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: rickymouse

Not our fault.

God breathed life into Adam through the nostril.

Ever wonder what that meant?

Worlds first nose job?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I think it means that the spark of life was delivered through intravenous access to the brain through the nose by the advance civi that composed us from the carbon of the Earth. What do you think of that?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
When i meditate to achieve an out of body experience i focus on my breathing a lot.

I first do a relaxation technique where i go through every muscle of my body contracting and relaxing them starting at my toes and moving up to my face. On each in breath i imagine colorful energy filling my body. On each out breath i imagine relaxing as much as possible and breathing out a dark greenish brown gross color. I do this two times until I'm very relaxed.

After the relaxation technique i continue to focus on my breath. Naturally breathing, no holding my breath or counting or anything. On each in breath i continue to imagine breathing in colorful energy, i try to go through the color spectrum using a different color for each in breath. On each out breath i imagine relaxing so much that my mind falls through my bed. It usually takes about 20 to 30 minutes but eventually on an out breath it really feels like i fall through my bed. This is the feeling i am aiming for. Its like when you are about to drift off to sleep and your half dreaming and you imagine falling some how and you get jolted awake. Instead of allowing yourself to be jolted awake you keep going with the falling sensation. It starts to feel like you are in an endless free fall in 3d blackness. You become aware that your consciousness is not limited to you physical body. At this point you are usually out of your body. I usually float around in absolute relaxation for a while until i decide to open my non physical eyes. When i do open my eyes I'm usually in some random world and i go explore, I'll ask the locals questions or fly around and try to meet people.

Senario 2

After the relaxation technique is complete i continue to focus on my breath. I imagine breathing in colorful energy and relaxing on the out breath. Sometimes i will reach a point where it feels like my physical body is slowly rocking back and forth. I came to realize that it wasn't my physical body shaking but my consciousness that was slowly releasing its connection to my physical body. (i've now done this 100's of times, at the beginning it freaked me out though) At that point i focus on my shaking body and increase the vibrations to the point where it feels like it is violent. To make matters more worse there is a ringing in your ears that increases with pitch as the vibrations get more intense. Eventually the vibrations and the noise get so intense that you literally feel your soul pop out of your body. When i induce an OBE this way i usually end up in my room next to my sleeping body and go explore from there.

Senario 3

This is a lot like senario 2 but no vibrations and high pitch noise. Again after the relaxation technique i describe i will continue to focus on my breath. I do the same thing. Imagine breathing in colorful energy and relaxing on the out breath. After doing this for a while sometimes it will literally feel like a leg or an arm or a part of my body has blown up like a balloon, not painful but its like you can feel past your body. I continue imagine breathing energy in and pushing the expanded awareness through my whole body until it feels like my entire body is blown up like a balloon, like you can feel 3 feet past your body on all sides. At this point I realize that i am not being held back by my physical body and can just get up and walk out of my body with a much smoother transition than what i described before.

Anyway there you go, I promise I'm not making this up, these are experiences that i have replicated over and over and over. No way to prove it but i hope it helps you out!
edit on 7-5-2017 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I absolutely believe you. I've had a few OoBE's myself, though never really self induced. They usually happen upon waking from a night terror or from sleep paralysis. I have come close to self induction, but its not an easy task for me.

Thanks for the tips.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

yeah for me sleep paralysis is a state of trance that i use to have an OBE too. I think most people who experience sleep paralysis are actually one step away from having an OBE but are unfamiliar with what is happening so they allow fear to keep them paralyzed.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Find a Vippassana retreat and go for a ten day silent course. It will only cost you what you wish to donate and you will learn a true art.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I think our bodies are a bit differently calibrated or our techniques are different.

I do have ways to get to the "At that point i focus on my shaking body and increase the vibrations to the point where it feels like it is violent" state. But no sound ringing in my ears.

My body calibration seem to be very limited on the sound and visualization abilities. Very few instances of Chakra coloring and long time preparation to get the internal speakers to activate (only really got it working once and have not been able to replicate that state).

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

How out-of-body experiences could transform yourself and society | Nanci Trivellato | TEDxPassoFundo
www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-5-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I think the only trick is deep breathing, it doesn't really matter how you go about it. Just find the way that is comfortable for you. Boring old counting 1 in 2 out 3 in 4 out... up to 10 then starting back at 1 works for me.
edit on 5/7/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I've been doing something like this for years, but not imagining colors. I'll try that. But, I always induce this feeling like my body is somehow displaced from itself, like my hands, feet etc. aren't stuck in themselves anymore. But, I can't do it with my head and face. They still feel normal. If feel like it's holding me back from having an OBE. Does that make any sense?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Opinions, and experiences along with techniques are varied and in abundance. What works for some, do not for all.

After 45+ years of T.M....personally? I get down to 4 breaths a minute...7 1/2 seconds in...7 1/2 seconds out...4 times a minute.

Almost appearing to others, that the person meditating, is not breathing at all. 'Works for me...but as said...not everyone.

Good Luck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I can go into deep meditation and out of my body by listening to trickling water, picking out all the separate crystal clear sounds that trickling water makes. It feels like my consciousness and the water are communicating and then I become aware I am out of my body.

Did you know that water is a living entity? It's full of tiny jumping sparks of life-energy. I see them when I am out of my body. I ask it to please take my prayers, my positive energy and my good intentions and carry it around the world in the oceans, in the rain, in the air, so that all life will be affected by the positivity and no soul will be missed. All life needs water.

My spirit guides tell me meditation is very very important and can change the energies on Earth, and that there are negative energies working to keep our frequency/vibration low to prevent human-kind from evolving. Meditation is the most important thing mankind can do, and that we have forgotten how powerful we actually are.

Meditate, all of us, spread the energy, wake everyone up. Please.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Interesting. i always get the ringing, but sometimes i don't see anything. I think it has to do with the amount of conscious energy you can store if that makes sense. The reason i say this is because if i mediate for 20 minutes twice a day, standing on my feet, my astral experiences seems to become easier to stay in and "denser". also, sometimes when i am out of body my surroundings will start to fade, but before they fade, if i mediate and imagine energy flowing into me just like i do in waking life, my "dreamscape" will thicken and ill be in it more "solidly" again.

Basically I'm saying I think if you mediate daily it might help kick in your visual and auditory experience during these states.

I'm Stil figuring this out myself honestly, but i think focused imagination and self awareness help solidify our out of body experience and breath is our connection to whatever reality we are occupying.

Thanks for the video too, ill watch it when i have time!

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

yeah that makes complete sense, that is the feeling I'm describing as well. This might just be a matter of relaxing those areas a little more and allowing the feeling to completely engulf you.

Like i mentioned to littlebylittle, It might benefit you to meditate during the day standing on your feet. I'll go into more detail on what helped me become more consistent on astral projecting.

20 mins a day, twice a day i basically do the relaxation technique I mentioned standing on my feet. While standing, starting at my heart, i will place my hands over my chest breathe in, and imagine energy flowing into my heart chakra. On the out breath i imagine a ball of energy expanding past my body into the air around my body and feel it against my hands. Then breath in and imagine bringing that ball of energy back into your heart chakra. Really imagine your feeling energy pour in through the space between your atoms. Then move up to the throat chakra, do the same thing, Then move up to the head. Do the same thing. go all the way down your chakra system doing this, and go through your hands lower arms, upper arms, shoulders feet, ankles, calves, thighs, buttox, and back. It should take around 15 to 20 minutes to do your whole body.

What i believe this does is help balance the left and right hemisphere of your brain. When your brain is balanced is when these types of experiences become easiest to have. Which reminds me! Almost every time i have had an OBE i have been lying on my back. I believe this is because the blood in your left and right hemispheres of your brain is balanced and blood is basically energy.

Anyway yeah it could just be a subconscious thing where you are afraid to let completely go, and all you have to do is surrender. But yea you are right there. Just know that you will be ok.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Interesting. i always get the ringing, but sometimes i don't see anything. I think it has to do with the amount of conscious energy you can store if that makes sense.

Make perfect sense. Different amplitudes and frequency on different locations interact with the body on quantum level to create different senses and information exchange. Entanglement used to connect and measure any part of creation, regardless of distance.

Basically I'm saying I think if you mediate daily it might help kick in your visual and auditory experience during these states

I am better at logical information flow thru the unconscious instead of visual and auditory experiences.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join