It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi hunters and former WW2 French Resistance fighters now opposing Marine Le Pen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I know some ATS members here support Marine Le Pen, but one reason I would not support Marine Le Pen is because we have Nazi hunters and even WW2 French Resistance fighters whom have experience with real fascists warned against voting for Marine Le Pen.

Nazi hunters Serge and Beate Klarsfeld opposed French Presidential Candidate Marine Le Pen due the fact she and her father Jean Marie Le Pen denies the Holocaust. Also Serge feared that while Marine Le Pen supposedly protects Jews, eventually they might turn against due to the fact the Far Right historically are not known to be friendly to Jews

And they have written op-eds denouncing Le Pen’s candidacy and some of her more controversial statements, including her denial of French responsibility for the brutal fate of the 13,000 Jews arrested during the July 1942 Vel D’hiv round-up in Paris during the Second World War.

Serge Klarsfeld: Well, for survivors of the Shoah [Holocaust], it's of course very sad to see a political situation reminding us of the thirties, when we were small children — a time when parties from the extreme right or left were very strong. Of course, an extreme right party today, even if they don't campaign against Jews, we understand that they will be opposed to Jews also. Today, Muslims are the enemies. They feel that the priority is to be given to Islam, but there was never an extreme right party which was not against Jews. Many Jews are, how to say, opposed and unhappy with the level of the extreme right in France. The level which is seen by the fact that Marine Le Pen is one of the two candidates for the second ballot.

Sarah Wildman History has been very central to this election, with Le Pen denying France’s responsibility for the 1942 Vel d'Hiv round up of 13,000 Jews in Paris, and Macron going to pay his respects at the Holocaust Memorial Museum in Paris. Why do you think that this election has had such a strong tie to history?

Beate Klarsfeld Everybody has known that the National Front is an antisemitic party, and a fascist party against foreigners, and a very dangerous party because of this. It was not surprising when she made the statement. Her father [Jean Marie Le Pen] was worse. He said the Holocaust is a detail of the Second World War, you know, and denies the Holocaust. Sarah Wildman Do you think that it was a means of appealing to the people that she has, that were the original National Front?

Beate Klarsfeld Well, she has all the clients of her father, you know. She has to keep them.

Now before you say they must be Antifa and SJWs, these Nazi hunters actually did hunted real Nazis and one of them happened to be none other than Klaus Barbie who is a brutal Gestapo man responsible for murdering a lot of innocent people.

From the late 1960s through the 1980s, the Klarsfelds tracked down, exposed, and helped bring to trial Nazis who had served the Gestapo in France during World War II. They weren’t quiet about their struggle: In 1968, Beate, a non-Jewish German, famously (and publicly) slapped the chancellor of West Germany while shouting “Nazi! Nazi!” She chained herself to a bench in Bolivia alongside Itta Halaunbrenner, a mother whose three children and husband the Nazis had murdered, to protest the country’s sheltering of Klaus Barbie.

Barbie, known as the “Butcher of Lyon,” was the Nazi SS officer in charge of the Gestapo in Lyon, France, from November 1942 to August 1944. Due to the efforts of the Klarsfelds, Barbie was eventually tried and sentenced to life in prison in 1987 for crimes against humanity. He is believed responsible the deaths of 14,000 people.

As result I give them more credibility since they have experience with real Nazis.

www.vox.com...

Meanwhile French Resistance Fighters warned against Nationalist parties such as Front National on ground that they are a threat to France.

With just days to go before the final round of the presidential election, several French resistance fighters have spoken out against the rise of the far-right and the dangers of electing Marine Le Pen president, calling it a "deadly risk" for France. While commemorating the national day of resistance and deportation on Sunday, an Auschwitz survivor and two French resistance fighters recalled the horrors of World War II and warned of the imminent threat the far-right poses to France. “It doesn’t matter if we’re accused of demonisation for we have [already] known ‘ordinary devils’ capable of orchestrating hell… For our country, the values of the Republic, our children and grandchildren, this deadly risk can’t be taken,” Auschwitz survivor Denise Toros Marter, resistance fighters Sidney Chouraqui and Louis Monguilan said in an address read out at a ceremony at France’s former camp for deportees, Le Camp des Milles, near the southern town of Aix-en-Provence.

“We know that those attracted by the extremists aren’t extremists themselves. But this was also the case for many of the French or German people momentarily seduced by [France’s Nazi-allied wartime leader Marshal Philippe] Pétain or [Adolf] Hitler without imagining the future horrors they would commit,” they said.

“Today, nationalist extremism risks conquering the power in our country and this represents the most imminent danger to our liberty and the unity of our people,” they said, alluding to far-right candidate Le Pen and the increasing popularity of her anti-immigrant National Front party.

I also gave them credibility because many of them died fighting against the Nazi regime and since they see Marine Le Pen as dangerous, I would give them more credibility.

www.france24.com...
edit on 5/6/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Her family are unapologetic Vichy and known Collaborators. Her weak attempt to distance herself from her dad by "throwing him out" of her political party Front National fooled few.

She is an awful human being.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Do you honestly think it matter who is in power in France - the Arms will still flow to countries that don't respect human rights

www.france24.com... 2015-05-04

But some of these deals have raised more than a few eyebrows, with anti-arms trade campaigners critical of France’s willingness to sell weapons to countries with less than stellar human rights records. These concerns are only set to rise when Hollande heads first to Doha on Monday and then Saudi Arabia's capital of Riyadh the day after, where furthering the recent success of the French arms industry is likely to be one of his top priorities. Saudi Arabia’s arms spending spree Saudi Arabia has already proved a lucrative trading partner for French arms manufacturers, most recently in a deal signed in November that saw the kingdom buy $3 billion-worth (€2.7 billion) of French weapons and military equipment to supply the Lebanese army. The oil-rich country is currently on something of an arms spending spree. Last year, the Saudis surpassed India to become the world’s biggest arms importer, upping its spending by 54 percent to $6.5 billion (€5.8 billion), according to a report by industry analyst IHS. France, thanks to some adept diplomatic manoeuvering in recent years, is well placed to take advantage of the Saudi cash cow. Paris has been an increasingly close ally of Riyadh ever since it was among the most vocal in backing military intervention against Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad, a key ally of Shiite Iran – one of Sunni Saudi Arabia’s main regional rivals.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

In another thread there are some members who express their support for Le Pen.

I gotta admit while Radical Islam and the EU are a big problem, electing Le Pen is not the answer either.

In fact the movie V for Vendetta warned against such people.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

All the points you bring up are the same crappy propaganda that's being spread all over the web about Le Pen just prior to the election.

Let's see..

- Promote another ridiculous Nazi-based smear. Check.

-Nationalist?! Holy crap! Panic! We got a fascist waiting to take over! Check.

-Auschwitz survivors stepping to the plate. Check.

Your commentary shows zero insight into Le Pen's platform, and fails to even mention her Rothschild puppet opponent, Macron.

Instead you play the card of Nazi hunters and the holocaust to try to drum up hatred, while truly lamenting on her father's statements from decades ago.

Please don't fall for it. Let globalism die a slow painful death. Hey! Did I mention Macron attended The Bilderberger Group meeting in 2014?? What a positive change for France!

....you deserved that cheapshot.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 5.6.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Well I know Macron is a globalist but do you want another Fascist in power? What if Marine Le Pen is lying and that once in power will backtrack her promises?

Hey look I'm well aware Hollande and many others before him allowed Radical Islamists to run wild in France but do you want a Neo Fascist Party in Power?

Watch V for Vendetta, it warned about a party similar to Le Pen's taking power in the UK after launching a False Flag attack and blaming it on Radical Islamists.

Here's an article on Marine Le Pen denying Vichy France's (which is a puppet state of the Nazis) role in the Holocaust

On Sunday night, French far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen of the Front National party denied French responsibility for the brutal fate of the 76,000 Jews deported from France during the Second World War. Only 3,000 returned.

www.vox.com...
edit on 5/6/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Is it still "propaganda" when it comes from the horses mouth? Her record and history are clear and open for all to see.

I get you don't like Macron, but Le Pen and Front National are an unmitigated disaster for France and Europe.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Her family are unapologetic Vichy and known Collaborators. Her weak attempt to distance herself from her dad by "throwing him out" of her political party Front National fooled few.

Im not a Le Pen supporter, but what exactly is it that makes her more awful than any other nationally prominent politician? Seems like hyperbole to me because she doesnt hold the same political opinions as you.

If you have specifics, by all means enlighten us. Once again, not a Le Pen supporter, I run mostly center libertarian.

This OP sounds a lot like these antifa twats Ive run across calling everyone nazis because it gives them a power trip. Actual nazi hunters have had a variety of political opinions just like anyone else.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

For the first time in years, I find myself feeling sorry for the French. They really are stuck in their own repeat of the U.S. 2016 presidential election. Between business as usual (in otherwords, collapsing) or a she-Trump with better hair. )In otherwords, also collapsing).

My heart goes out to them.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

For your information I don't like Antifa and SJWs (I personally have negative experiences encountering them) but I am not supporting anyone who glorifies Vichy France.

In fact in an article in another comment of mine, Marine Le Pen herself also denies the Vichy French's role in the Holocaust.
edit on 5/7/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Macron is just another corrupt globalist serving the European rich and powerful. Seems like a perfect fit for France.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
France is in a tough situation. The EU needs to die and the only one discussing that has a questionable past. Now, I will say that from my perspective, across the pond, my vote would go for her. Mostly just to distance myself from the Rothschild's banker. You can wonder what she might do....but you know what he will do.

“France will be led by a woman, either me or Angela Merkel,” Le Pen

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Except she actually IS a Nazi. Well documented, poorly hidden.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I saw this UCLA U.S.-France liaison guy on CNN promoting Macron and bashing Le Pen today. If the French voters know what UCLA does to blemish America, this guy was the wrong person for CNN to interview.
edit on 5/7/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Wel maybe the french should had been more lenient with the collaborators instead of killing them in horrible ways back in WW2 after the war and france was free. they would rape and kill them as well as dismember their bodies. Nazi hunters were just as bad as Nazis themselves and have no moral high ground.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Except she actually IS a Nazi. Well documented, poorly hidden.

Links to said evidence please.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

There is no way to take you seriously if you actually believe what you just wrote.
edit on 7-5-2017 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

There is no way to take you seriouslyrics if you actually believe what you just wrote.

Israels nazi hunters are a great example of the morals of Nazi hunters. Like blowing up a car bomb in a crowded street one time,or a drive by another time. Just as bad as Nazis.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Its another piece of BS democracy, where you can have a dose of Syph or clap, but what you will get is the same old crap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join